A couple interesting articles from NYT, one was a headliner:

A couple interesting articles from NYT, one was a headliner:
nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

Any thoughts? Mostly has to do with a small part of the defense budget.

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/military/a14456936/that-time-the-us-navy-had-a-close-encounter-with-a-ufo/
youtu.be/rsixevtYth4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is nobody talking about this?

apparently nobody cares about Veeky Forums related news

Ayy Lmaos confirmed

*sniff sniff* I smell a brainlet

Elaborate.

Project bluebook pretty much confirms that all ufo sightings were secret AirForce shit or natural phenomena in the sky, for more elaboration on why people rhink ayys are out there I'd suggest you'd look into people like Richard Doty, he kinda paints a picture on how the Government can manipulate opinion of "truth seekers" I mean just look at Judy Wood

>bluebook
its bluebeam you brainlet

this

>info released by the US gov. and published by major media outlets
>/x/

modernist thinking for you

So the objects observed by pilots seem to be real and recorded.
Any ideas what they might be?
Could they be some form of plasma-magnetic life(not necessarily self-aware) that didn't originate on Earth?

Of course the government investigates UFO phenomena. Why is this surprising to anyone?

>reports implying vastly superior technology in American airspace
Of fucking course the gov will imvestigate. They'd be negligent not to.

The problem is that human perception is flawed on every level. The level of guesswork your brain does to stitch together a continuous experience is terrifying when you stop and think about it. Just because someone truthfully describes their memory doesn't mean their memory is an accurate record or that their interpretation of what they saw is correct.

This is video and radar from multiple sources of a craft effortlessly outrunning fighter jets and flying against the wind. Ive been a strong skeptic of ufos as aliens for my whole life, but this account...it baffles me.

So if this is an alien craft, how does it work? Do they have alcubierre tech figured out?

If it turns out that the US government and other governments around the world really have been suppressing information about alien visitors for all these years, then the level of butthurt coming out of the skeptic Community is going to be glorious, matched only by the level of jubilant smugness coming out of the UFO community.

The tracking/centering on the vids makes it difficult to get an idea of how it moves.
I am reminded of a story about floating light bulbs that also seemed to accelerate enormously fast, which turned out to be car headlights somehow refracted over a hill like a mirage. The huge acceleration was from the cars going around a corner. Maybe a similar effect could happen in the air or with radar if the right shapes of hot/cold air or ions or whatever appears.

I saw something weird once in the night sky. This might actually be a good place to ask for an explanation since there are lots of physics bros here

It was a dot of light similar in appearance to a star. It traversed the night sky about as quickly as a shooting star does, which is to say faster than a plane etc. but slow enough to keep track of.

The wtf part is that it was moving across the sky in ( as far as I could tell ) straight paths that were at angles to each other, with no apparent acceleration or deceleration. It was basically "bouncing" around like a pinball.

This sighting occurred pretty close to an Air Force base, btw.

Ideas?

My idea is for you to kill yourself.

Not a very original one desu

they saw those objects in infrared and pilots claim water under the objects was churned

Popularmechanics has an article about this, they consider theory that is an alien encounter as possible

popularmechanics.com/military/a14456936/that-time-the-us-navy-had-a-close-encounter-with-a-ufo/

The second possibility is that the objects are actually operated by an arm of the U.S. government. Rumors of the federal government studying crashed UFOs or experimenting with secret technology have been rampant for decades, though with scant proof. If these were indeed secret U.S. craft, it is clear why they’re being hidden. The Super Hornet was a top of the line aircraft in 2004 and yet the object easily out-maneuvered and out-accelerated it. If America’s enemies mastered such technology, most (but apparently not all) of our armed forces would be defenseless against them.

The third possibility is that the objects were alien craft, piloted by aliens or an artificial intelligence, using technology we can’t even imagine. The objects, their controllers, and their motivations could utterly alien and unknowable.

no it's bluebook

>obligatory image

Disclosure will happen at some point, but there can't just be a deliberate mass release of governments saying, "ALIENS ARE REAL AND THEY'RE HERE" without causing more potential problems in society.

>Why don't they show themselves on the presidential white lawn if they're real then?

Watch Steven Greer's lectures and listen to his witness testimonies. Before you discredit him, listen to his statements, and check the facts for yourself.

Mainstream media is slowly drip feeding information into the public about the idea of being visited and contacted by extraterrestrials.

I thought listening about aliens on Earth was BS until hearing Steven Greer's perspective on the issue, then I started digging deeper myself. It all made sense to me now.

shut
the
fuck
up
you
faggots

t. alien

Pretty unlikely explanation, they had multiple aircraft tracking it against the sky getting visual and radar readings.

Its fine to just say you dont know, but dont blather out a nonsense explanation like that.

Why the fuck does it rotate???

steven greer is a fucking retarded spook

sorry, if you believe in aliens you're a mongoloid. how is project blue beam not infinitely more rational? the government faking shit to trick people into submission is sort of the running playbook 200+ years strong

Fucking hell even Popular Mechanics thinks it's aliens. This is it boys, prepare your asses.

>Some nobody posts a UFO video
>"Lol it's faked!"
Fair enough.
>The fucking Pentagon releases a UFO video
>"Lol it's faked!"
C'mon.

where is your god now Veeky Forums

>if you believe in aliens you're a mongoloid
I do not think it's inherently irrational to believe in extraterrestrial life, even intelligent extraterrestrial life. The possibility that we're an extremely rare or even an entirely unique phenomenon seems just as likely as the possibility that life has developed in other places than Earth.

That we've been visited by life from outside of our solar system or that aliens are currently among us seems a bit fantastical. Not impossible, but I'd need some compelling evidence to believe that. The more likely explanation imo is that we're witnessing something man-made.

It easily outmaneuvoured an F-18. How can ot be man-made? What in the fuck can out maneuvoure a F-18, hover, dive underwater and evade US navy radar all at the same time? EVEN if this shit was possible, do you think the Russians could afford such a craft?

great argument

It could be any organization as far as I'm concerned, why limit the answers to just "the Russians"? It could've even been some experimental aircraft funded by another organization that operates within the United States. There's a lot of money out there, a lot of special interest groups, and a lot of technological development. Anything is possible, but I lean towards humanity as the answer to the mystery before I lean towards ayyliens.

honestly go be schizophrenics somewhere else

t. you

This is just swamp gas.

It's a weather balloon.

its actually, the reflection of mars bouncing off of the weather balloon through swap gas. simple explanation

Actually it's opinions released by quacks who left the government.

May I remind you that the UFO videos were released by the Pentagon so obviously it can't be anything they know about. Even if it somehow was there are a number of fatal flaws in your theory
1) Why would they fly experimental black aircraft near their own fighter jets without telling them anything? This is incredibly reckless and could result in the cover of the project being blown or worse a mid-air collision with the fighters. For what purpose.
2) If it was their own black craft you'd be damn sure they wouldn't have released those videos
Look at the second video
youtu.be/rsixevtYth4
Not even a Saturn V could accelerate that fast. C'mon get your head out of the sand.

>of a craft
Wrong.

>opinions
The navy confirmed everything they said bro. The incident really happened exactly as these "quacks" described and the footage is genuine. All things that the fleet commander at the time has gone on record to say. Their fallout with the Pentagon isn't about whether UFOs are real or not but simply that they weren't spending enough time studying it.

It turns out that the government is wasting millions of dollars on fake research by quacks like the idiot who believes in remote viewing. These quacks got so butthurt at failing to find anything that they left the government and started a new sca- I mean started a new "project" and then get a gullible reporter to write a story about them to attract more gullible fools to give them money.

>visual sighting + heat signature + radar locks from multiple ships and planes
Sounds like a craft to me.

I love how you have given up on trying to debunk the videos so are now calling the people who publicized it "quacks"

>people unironically believing this is a real alien encounter
this board is oficially dead

>The navy confirmed everything they said bro.
No they didn't. If the Navy agreed with the butthurt quacks who left the government to start their own scam, they would still be funded and you would not be hearing a word about this.

>The incident really happened exactly as these "quacks" described and the footage is genuine.
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Having nothing to do with muh craft.

>Their fallout with the Pentagon isn't about whether UFOs are real or not but simply that they weren't spending enough time studying it.
Don't you realize this is is the same thing you utter moron? The Pentagon is the porkiest place in the world. If they had an iota of belief that there was any potential value in researching it, they'd be doing so! Fact is, they don't.

It's either that, or man-made.

so a 50-50 chance, right?

It can't be a weather balloon this time.

>debunk the videos
There is nothing in the video to debunk you delusional mong.

So is it real or fake?

Yes they did, the whole story is on the New York Times complete with interviews of the navy personnel.
They did research it between 2007 and 2012 and spent 22 million on it. You are contradicting yourself. First you say the Pentagon will fund any loon, now you're saying they'll only do so if it's worth investigating.

>+ heat signature
Nowhere in either story is heat signature mentioned.

Or it's simply an optical illusion/natural anomaly. You have zero critical thinking.

schizophrenia is a helluva drug ain't it

>optical illusion
heat signature + travelling 120 mph against the wind + rotating in mid-air
>natural anomaly
Give me an example of what this could be

....optical illusion? Over hundreds of miles? On camera?

Is what real?

Are you actually illiterate or are so desperate that you need to purposefully misinterpret my posts that are written in clear English?

>They did research it between 2007 and 2012 and spent 22 million on it.
This doesn't contradict what I said.

>First you say the Pentagon will fund any loon, now you're saying they'll only do so if it's worth investigating.
No I did not say that. The Pentagon will fund any loon if they think there is a slight chance of valuable info. This is why they are preyed upon by /x/tard "engineers," dumb politicians who want to be special, and military industries that will do anything for government money. The fact that these quacks had their funding shut off is proof that they are too worthless even for the Pentagon.

It very well could be. You're grasping for straws here.

look tardmaster here are your options
>the video is fake
Its a Pentagon release
>It's a hallucination
It's on video
>It's a misidentified bird/balloon/Venus/swamp gas
It was tracked on radar
>It was some secret plane
>The guys behind the black projects are the ones asking wtf it is
>It's malfunctioning equipment
Visual + plus multiple ship and plane radars
So the only remaining conclusion is that it's some unknown craft that far exceeds the capabilities of the most advanced nation in the world.

Have you got an actual counterargument for why its really swamp gas or are you just gonna keep screaming "quack!" at me?

>heat signature
Where?

What the fuck? Distance and cameras would do nothing but increase the chance of an optical illusion.

It's FLIR, so you can clearly see a heat signature.

ITT: Paranoid schizos arguing with le reddit skeptics

Half the video is in IR view.

>the video is fake
Never said this

>It's a hallucination
Never said this

>It's a misidentified bird/balloon/Venus/swamp gas
>It was tracked on radar
How exactly does radar tracking invalidate this?

>It was some secret plane
>The guys behind the black projects are the ones asking wtf it is
The Pentagon has different levels of clearance, this is not a logical argument. Also, there is no reason not to release this since the video is uninformative. If anything, it would be in the Pentagon's interest to have any information that might get out be associated with quacks and/or cause other countries to speculate they have advanced technology.

>It's malfunctioning equipment
Never said this

>So the only remaining conclusion is that it's some unknown craft that far exceeds the capabilities of the most advanced nation in the world.
False, you're forgetting optical illusion or unknown natural anomaly.

You lose retard.

Visual + plus?

>>The guys behind the black projects are the ones asking wtf it is
See, there you go again making a massive jump to a conclusion. The Pentagon is not the only organization in the United States, or on Earth with lots of funding. Obviously tons of special interest groups would have interest in developing various types of experimental aircraft, I don't see why you are skipping the more likely answer to the mystery (the craft was man-made) to the fantastical (aliens). The only reason I can think is because you choose to believe what you want, leading you to make illogical conclusions.

Why do brainlets think "we do know know what this is" means "we know exactly what this object is and it's aliens"?

So often they try to frame these threads so that the only options are either the video is faked or we need to prove specifically what it's showing or else it MUST be aliens, when really there's absolutely no reason to think it has anything to do with aliens.

Do these people blame everything they don't instantly have an explanation for on aliens? When somebody leaves the toilet seat up when they go to take a dump do they think "I bet the aliens did this!"?

If it's an optical illusion explain the radar returns. Ghosts and Bigfoot are bullshit because they have never been detected by scientific instruments. Yet you are ignoring IR and radar returns of this object. You don't have a leg to stand on, the object was clearly real, all you can argue is whether it s aliens or not because there's zero proof of that. But there is a ton of scientific proof that the object as seen existed.

le skeptic xD

>If it's an optical illusion explain the radar returns.
Are you implying that radar does not have illusions as well? There are many things that can interfere with radar.

The only thing we know is that this "object" is unknown. Not aliens, and not a craft, just unknown.

>How exactly does radar tracking invalidate this
you can t track a weather balloon at 2000mph heading against
120mph winds because thats impossible. You can't track Venus because it's in space.

I already explained that if this was the Pentagons own plane they wouldnt have flown it near other aircraft. And they wouldnt have released the video.
> cause other countries to speculate they have advanced technology
So you are claiming the government is faking UFO videos? And you're calling me an /x/tard?

All anyone here is saying is that you're immediately jumping from "this apparent craft is unknown" to "this is a sign of extraterrestrial life". Clearly you can see why that's a completely ridiculous conclusion to come to without further evidence.

>you can t track a weather balloon at 2000mph
I like how with every post you just make up more shit that isn't in the story.

>I already explained that if this was the Pentagons own plane they wouldnt have flown it near other aircraft.
The Pentagon has done far dumber things than this in the name of testing.

>And they wouldnt have released the video.
I have already explained why they would have released the video.

>So you are claiming the government is faking UFO videos?
So you're illiterate?

Only the Pentagon has a) the funding to make such a craft b) the permission to fly it in the USA. Who are these "special interest groups"? Nobody else has the money or tech to make such a craft even if it were possible.

Your argument is "it is humans" without any logic to back up your claim. Looks to me that you're the one suffering from "I want to believe syndrome"

When did I say it was aliens?

Right here: >So the only remaining conclusion is that it's some unknown craft that far exceeds the capabilities of the most advanced nation in the world.

That's not saying it's aliens.

Well in the same post it's argued that it's not a black project, therefore it must be saying aliens. Please enlighten me though about what it's saying if you know better.

From what I've read of the project it seemed like Reid dumping funds into a business in his state. Pork to a friend's business probably in return for campaign funding. As for the sightings I'd wager most of them can be explained via natural phenomena or black projects.

>Nobody else has the money or tech to make such a craft even if it were possible.
Lol okay user. That's totally a valid claim to make with absolutely nothing to support it. It's true just because you say so, I guess. Maybe it is time to take your meds? My argument is that I have no clue what the fuck it was, only that it's much more likely to be something humans made than fucking extraterrestrials. There is absolutely no evidence that this incident points to aliens, not at all. Dumb fuck.

You're the one jumping to conclusions here. I'm saying it's a real UFO. And I define UFO as anything flying around that can't be explained by known science. Who knows? All that we know is it's a UFO. My aim here today is to prove that UFOs arent all misidentifications or illusions but something real and unknown. I think every learned man should at least read up on the cases and make their own conclusion on that before dismissing all UFOs as overactive imaginations. If you want to believe it's aliens then good for you, that was a valid hypothesis when we didn't know what was on Mars and Venus and it is again now that there are FTL solutions to relativity (alcubierre). However it is just that, a hypothesis. Goodnight.

Yes they are plainly releasing the videos in order to garner interest for their buisiness venture but the videos are legit hence that doesn't absolve you of debunking them.

theres no evidence that points to humans either.

>You're the one jumping to conclusions here. I'm saying it's a real UFO.
Then why did you claim that the only conclusion "is that it's some unknown craft that far exceeds the capabilities of the most advanced nation in the world."

And why did you reply to my post saying "The only thing we know is that this "object" is unknown."?

> My aim here today is to prove that UFOs arent all misidentifications or illusions but something real and unknown.
Well you have failed.

>I think every learned man should at least read up on the cases and make their own conclusion
There is nothing to conclude on.

He will never get it. I regret wasting time ever trying to get through to that retard. Never again will I bother with a reply to a schizophrenic /x/ thread. Sage in every field.

Hey man, how old were you at the time? My dad (50 years ago) saw a dot of light going in a line and he asked his father if it was a UFO. his father explained that it was a satellite and that you could tell it was a satellite as it was travelling in a straight line, all of a sudden it made a sudden super quick turn at a right angle. Can any science bros explain what it might have been? It was around 50 years ago if that helps.

What if this is some kind of alien life based on electroplasma, not necessarily intelligent?

Because it's more proof /x/ is more empirical than the religious believers in Veeky Forumsenticism, where accepted orthodoxy is chosen based on aesthetics.

>Implying it wasn't just to pay for a couple of the least promising lieutenant to sit in an office somewhere reading bullshit ufo reports from drunken fishermen while the rest of the budget was silently diverted to blackops

theres a reason they are releasing this right now

i cant say more, but feb/march next year is going to be huge

t. An ayyy lmao or a black hat spook