Is khan academy good?

is khan academy good?

Other urls found in this thread:

springer.com/us/book/9780387953274
springer.com/us/book/9780387964058
twitter.com/AnonBabble

define "good"

If you are a tard it's good. If you know the stuff and want a refresher it's good. If you want to learn a topic more in depth, then its mediocre.

not shit.

define "shit"

for math it is, at least up to the first year of college.

I can't stand Khan academy because the lecturers take what seems like hours to explain concepts that should take like 5 minutes at most.

the surface of streets in India

exactly

Do you know anything better?

if you really want learn try edX and MIT OCW

Reading a book

It depends on what you're trying to learn.

I think most online lecturers talk at an infuriatingly slow pace. It makes me want to pull my hair out.

If I want to understand a physics or calculus concept, I work example problems and study the relevant equations until it makes sense.

yup, exactly this
the material contained in their 20 minute videos could easily be contained and presented intuitively in videos 1/4th the length
I was getting frustrated really fast because I instantly knew exactly what that sandnigger khan was trying to spew out for a few minutes

tldr; If you're mentally handicapped, go for it

reading a book is as time inefficient as khan academy

The problem with reading books is almost all books are written in the same stupidly long and drawn out manner.

Working example problems that are already solved step by step which you can check is the best way I've discovered for learning most calculus and physics concepts.

For calculus 1 and 2 this book springer.com/us/book/9780387953274 (libgen that shit)
has more than you need to know. (but study all of it to supplement shitty omnibus calculus course)
250 pages in 1 year easy.
rigorous calculus without epsilon delta shit wasting time (you're taking analysis you will learn that anyways)
sets you up for springer.com/us/book/9780387964058 to actually start learning real math

It's okay but I think you can just use a textbook and get more

this

I used to not mind this, but now I have to watch his videos at 2x speed because I get so irritated with how slow he can be. It actually is a painful experience recalling in my mind his raspy voice writing something down and repeating it 3 times slowly. He can sound very tired and kind of bored or stressed in some videos, and when you're tired and stressed as well it just makes watching the videos miserable. Can't hate though, there's some times where his videos were really helpful, specifically physics one. Linear algebra really needs to be redone though.

It helped me a fair amount in calc, but I found it unbearable for physics. The videos were just so goddamn fucking slooow. This is a problem I have with video tutorials of any sort, but Khan Academy simply takes it to another level sometimes.

Eh it's ok.
Personally, the guy's voice really annoys me; can't watch it.
And he focuses too much on concrete stuff rather than abstract stuff, which is fine I guess depending on what you want to learn.

coursera

I got banned from khan academy for making a population growth model on their student java programming compiler that said the holocaust never happened.

HAHAHHAHAHA

lol this is why i like it, his voice is so nice and he makes sure no holes are unexplained. its perfect if you are learning it for the first time and might have some previous holes.

and yes they are basic, maybe touches some freshmen uni topics. but thats it

Can you teach me java? plz hlp