Is it possible to manually erupt Yellow Stone with a couple of explosives such as a few MOABs?

Is it possible to manually erupt Yellow Stone with a couple of explosives such as a few MOABs?

No thats not how volcanoes work.

heres a good one, will future societies be able to safely relieve pressure before a major eruption?

No. The magna chamber is miles down.

Veeky Forums gtfo.
Also, no.

Yes, NASA already has a plan to do it and make the magma bubble into a nearly infinite supply of energy in the process.

You're dumb.

Wow...infinite like thorium or infinite like space or infinite like golden ratio.

Infinite like 10000 years of energy for the state and surrounding states.

wtf why is nasa doing non-space shit. this is why they keep getting defunded

>Infinite
>Like 10000 year's
Pick one

Plus if we are still using lava power in as little as 5000 years ill stand rooting

no, you'd need a couple of arbitrarily large nuclear weapons

No, you'd actually end up releasing pressure in such a way as to help prevent it.

Geothermal is a shitty source of energy.

>pour water on volcano
>charge batteries with steam
NASA please hire me

fpbp

OP pls stop posting

congratulations you have invented geothermal power generation

You either bleed it off as useable energy or you sit back and watch it go boom. Pick one.

I-I think this is the most beautiful thing in the world.

;-;

If it blows up it'll reverse global warming. Why stop it?

I want more CO2 in the air with lots of sunlight. It helps my crops grow amazingly well.

>a moab
>a weapon that can only function in relatively open space

Just pump massive amounts of liquid high explosive into the ground and set it off when sufficiently saturated.

>a couple of explosives such as a few MOABs?
I myself was thinking more along the lines of about half of the US nuclear arsenal, but I think your plan would be somewhat on the safer side of things.