Can I teach myself linear algebra in 2 weeks...

Can I teach myself linear algebra in 2 weeks? I'm bored as fuck over break and want to git gud at linear algebra cause I'm taking it next semester, should I just watch YouTube videos or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjBOesZCoqc&feature=youtu.be&list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just learn it in the class, faggot retard nigger. Go outside and enjoy the world on your break before you die

Nah, kys brainlet

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

hahaha you did it again! haha never change

Sure, watch these videos
youtube.com/watch?v=kjBOesZCoqc&feature=youtu.be&list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab

Go on Libgen.io and get the book 'Linear Algebra Done Right' by Axler and read through it while you watch the lectures, but he almost entirely focuses on matrix manipulation/calculation and avoids determinants. A good book that matches the lectures is Robert Valenza's Linear Algebra text (also on libgen.io)

Xddd i kno i tel mommy every time i do it!!!!11!!! Xddd

Yeah. Get the textbook from wiki. Watch these you tubers. Did it in one week, 11 hours a day.
MathDoctorBob (goes over topics with examples)
3Blue1Brown dude spends like 2 weeks to make a video because he animates them and they help you visualize the topic

You can get the basis of linalg in two weeks. But you need to do the assignments! Mathematics should be done, not read.

Not OP, but thanks user, this will be my break.

nah fuck that. OP has the right idea. the real secret all these straight A cucks have to getting their straight As is to practice and learn the material for their upcoming courses well before the first lecture begins.

t. straight A maths cuck

sheldon axler has youtube videos also, good to watch at 1.25x/1,5x

Probably if you rush it and don't exercise a ton, or if you just learn the basics (up to subspaces, I'd say). The latter is probably the better option if you're taking a course next semester.

>2 weeks
it shouldn't take you more than 1 desu

Also get the book that your class is using next semester and write and solve as many problems as you can LaTeX til you can type out solutions ex nihilo.

That's kinda gay desu

1 week

Is all you need, you dont have to memorise any equations or formula when you understand the concepts

Also learn some programming language along the way if you want to have fun

>11 hours a day
How did you maintain concentration?

It depends on how big the course is. Basic operations on matrices (multiplication, reversal, transposition, computing determinant) can be taught to a monkey in 1 hour each.
Understanding theory behind those is a little bit harder but still not very difficult, I believe linear n-equation systems are taught in high school anyway and that's the basis for most of the rest.
Linear algebra course I had at my uni also had many elements from abstract algebra, like group theory and such, that was where the real fun was.

>desu
kys xir

Linear Algebra as in Freshman Matrix Algebra or The Theory of Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces or Applied Linear Algebra and Matrix Analysis?

If it's Matrix Algebra, you can learn it in no time flat.

Yes, pick Axler's book "Linear Algebra Done Right".

And watch 3Blue1Brown's youtube playlist:

It's extremely good to strengthen your intuition. His visuals are god-tier.

He literally just reads the book out loud. There's nothing extra in these videos, sadly.

Don't listen to anything these faggots and do it the right way. Pick up Artin's algebra and read chapters 1,3,4. You can read them in 2 days if you're dedicated, and they'll teach you linear algebra like nothing else

>Artin's algebra
Artin's book is more of an encyclopedia. It's not for learning; it's more for refreshing your knowledge on Algebra in general. Definitely not for someone who hasn't even taken a basic linear algebra course.