Salt water is a lie

>97% of the Earth's water is undrinkable
>Said water will make you thirsty when you drink it
Why do people fall for this meme? Has anyone here ever met someone who drank exclusively sea water for a few days? There's no evidence of it being harmful.
It's so obvious that it's an attempt to create a small, easy to tamper with pool of "drinking" water where they can put chemicals and other shit in it, while keeping the never ending tasty water all to themselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/how-can-sea-mammals-drink/
embryo.asu.edu/pages/alexis-carrels-immortal-chick-heart-tissue-cultures-1912-1946
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Go to the beach
2. Wade into the ocean
3. Drink
4. Die

Curious. Were you born an asshole or did it take years of study?

Is this a retarded bait? Go drink a litre of water from ocean, I dare you.

why dare him when you can tie him down and force him to drink it and masturbate to the complete and utter domination of another human being

The fact is you don't know if it would kill me. You've never seen nor heard of anyone dying by drinking this purportedly "bad" water.

osmosis is a key term here

That's true, but you exclude the fact that salt water also contains lots of essential nutritients such as minerals.
"Artificial" pools don't have minerals, so we have to buy controlled minerals from supplement stores

>You can't survive drinking only salt water!
>This fluffy fat fuck: Hold my beer

I've heard of plenty who've died drinking salt water after ship sank.
I've never spoken with one because they're dead.

You don't have to go to the ocean. Draw water from the faucet and add salt until it ceases to dissolve and just piles up at the bottom of the glass. Drink only that for 2 or 3 days.

>ameriwigs are practicing for when water gets privatized
>the fall of water neutrality will mean that megacorps can change the pH to whatever the fuck they want

>HUR DUR YOU CAN DRINK SALT WATER
T.Brainlet.

Getting clubbed isn't the only reason that fluffy fat fuck cries.

I can't trust that that's the actual ingredients.
You still ignored how seals, whales and dolphins all appear to drink salt water their entire lives with no issue.

>Has never drank salt water
>Doesn't know anyone who died from drinking salt water
>Hasn't heard of specific individuals dying from drinking salt water
>Still believes salt water can kill him but he was told so by the big schnozed Professor
t. True Brainlet

the reason its bad is it has close to the same salinity as our blood does so your body thinks you're bleeding internally when you have a gulp of it in your stomach

this is weak bait, try harder sweetie

Tell me how whales, dolphins and seals drink then, faggot.
Oh wait, they drink seawater and don't magically die of thirst from drinking.

I drink salt water all the time OP, you should too.

Maybe because they have evolved that way, how about that?
Waterbears can survive in outer space too, that doesn't mean we can you retard. How can someone be that stupid, you are either a complete brainlet like pic related or troll which is sad because it's too fucking obvious by now.

Waterbears are microscopic arthropods.
Seals, whales and dolphins are mammals.
One of them is the same as a person and the other can't be seen with the naked eye.

>pic related, this salt water guy and Veeky Forums

I've yet to even be challenged though, unless I'm the Wojak on the right and Veeky Forums is the Wojak on the left.

The only "arguments" have been a false recipe and some guy saying microscopic organisms are the same as mammals.

You twat, do you even hypernatremia ?

>all mammals are the same
-_-

Evolution
scientificamerican.com/article/how-can-sea-mammals-drink/

they have different urinary systems that the Great Apes or other families of mammalia you stupid nigger, I know this is bait. I know you're either fishing for a hw answer or think you're extremely intelligent for bothering people on a slow education focused board, but you're actually a fucking faggot. Do me a favor user, take your thumb, rotate it towards the sky, sit upright, jam your thumb as hard as you can through your left eye until you touch your orbital bone. Keep mashing until your vision goes black from blood loss, when you wake up at the hospital remember that you're still a faggot

>scientificamerican
Reliable sources only, please

Holy shit, this thread

And yet, its an enjoyable change from the FE-threads

I think you're saltier than the ocean could hope to be, user

Have you ever tried drinking sea water? Shit is disgustingly salty. Like almost saltier than plain salt. Even if dehydration didnt kill you from drinking it, im sure hypertension would.

>oceans
>real
HAHAHAHA!

Whales and dolphins avoid drinking as much as possible. They try to swallow only the fish/krills/other pieces of food. They push excess seawater out through their nares. They live mostly on the water content of their food.

Their kidneys are similar to ones possessed by desert animals.

If you don't trust that the box marked "salt" really IS salt, you must eat a pretty bland diet.

Yes, there's a worldwide conspiracy led by Morton to bamboozle everyone. Must have cost them millions. Maybe billions.
And little did they suspect that a SINGLE smart person (You) could bring their whole nefarious scheme tumbling in ruins.
If I were you, I'd stop posting before they trace your location (You think you're REALLY user to the CIA?) and send their killer assassin Ninja squads after you.
Remember, they're desperate!

Good to see Veeky Forums has such high quality threads

Alright OP I'm 100 feet away from the ocean right now I'm bout to go fill up a milk jug of salt water and report back with results

Whales and dolphins were made up by fisheries in the early 50s. There is no life in the ocean, all that "fish" you eat is usually really heavily seaoned ground pork or beef

I'm in the merchant navy faggot. Have you ever heard of after drowning? That's where a person drown after they have been saved because the salt water in their lungs. Salt water makes you go insane and sick. It will kill you. Do us all a favour faggot. Go drink some and see what happens. Natural selection is a great thing.

I think I'd rather hide /pol/tard threads than read retarded shit like this OP. Are you Russian?

He can't be, russians may be weird but at least they are educated

Plus salt is a well known antiseptic
Plus salt is a well known electrolyte
Arabs drink exclusively sea water and they're the healthiest people on the planet.

Please OP.
I implore you, drink as much sea water as you need.

:)

it's raining salt

The Russians have their own manias.
Widespread belief in UFOs.
Or use Google News to look up some pseudo-scientific topic (bigfoot, Niburu, astrology, alien abduction) and limit the search to Russian.
They have their equivalents of the National Enquirer and the other rags you see at supermarket checkouts. Google will even translate the nonsense into English for you. Entertaining -- in small doses.

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

Astrology is true though.

There's more to getting water into your blood than simply drinking it. It has to be absorbed into a body through a process called osmosis. Osmosis is is the transfer of water from a low salt environment to a higher salt environment. Fresh water naturally gets sucked into the blood because the blood is more salty. The kidneys are also able to compensate for salty water to a degree, by using water from the blood to flush out the salt, then reabsorbing the diluted water. The kidneys are able to do this for water that is up to 2% salt.

Unfortunately, sea water is is 3% salt. The kidneys need to spend more water diluting it than they get from absorbing it, so seawater dehydrates the body.

Phobia means irrational fear. What is irrational about fearing homos?

>All these people taking the bait
Is it summer already?

Saying something over and over again doesn't make it more correct

It is in the southern hemisphere. Considering how it's christmas, though, don't you think schoolkids would be on holidays in the northen hemisphere, regardless of it being winter? I'm sorry, but you are not very smart.

fun fact cats can actually live on sea water

Hurr duhrrr
Wa is osmosis?

>seawater contains 3.5 grams of salt/kilogram
>you have drink about 2 litres of water/day to survive (7 g)
>people in Kazakhstan consume 15 grams of salt/day and they are perfectly fine
You fucks all fell for the saltwater is dangerous meme.

op, if you genuinely believe that saltwater is not dangerous, then go ahead and drink it for a week. you'd do the world a favor.

>body dies from 2 days without water
>body dies from 3+ weeks without food

Clearly the body is energy rich and water-poor, so why can't our body simply use active transport to filter the salt from see water out of our blood when our blood is filtered in the kidneys?

Are you seriously going to tell me that we're able to use active transport to generate a sodium ion gradient in every single one of our nerve cells and neurons multiple times a second, but we're not able to use active transport to create a salt gradient and filter out salt from our blood in the kidneys?

what's the reason for this?

takes too much energy? didn't evolve it because we didn't need it?

the nephron does that already but it can't handle too much I think, it's like at a certain point the osmotic gradient overwhelms the ability to do active transport

embryo.asu.edu/pages/alexis-carrels-immortal-chick-heart-tissue-cultures-1912-1946

Lol, another conspiracy about how is everyone lying. What a meme

Their shops are filled with bullshit about jewish conspiracies

Jesus christ, they must be drinking like 15 liters of water a day. Where is this chart from?

Yes I do. I once worked with a guy who claimed drinking salt water purified the blood. After a short time his kidneys failed

Veeky Forums is too easy to troll. Everyone takes the bait knowing it's bait just to jog their own noggings.

>all these people unironically responding to an obvious b8 thread

I thought Veeky Forums was supposed to be smart

>hurr you can drink salt water
Well technically you're not wrong.

I implore you to prove once and for all to all these fucking mongoloids that you can safely drink only salt water with no harmful affects. I belive in you, show these cucks what for.

>One of them is the same as a person
Which one?

Good observation. So how does a dolphin and seal biomechanics differ from humans? They have bigger kidneys or something?

They don't. In Florida, people leave their hoses running into the water. It makes seals come to their front yards to drink.

>The kidneys are able to do this for water that is up to 2% salt.
>Unfortunately, sea water is is 3% salt.
So you're saying that if we genetically engineer humans to be able to process 3% salt water it will solve the water crisis?

I suppose it would. Why don't you go do that? Solve world thirst with one simple trick.

>>One of them is the same as a person
Everyone in this thread is retarded. The obvious solution is to pump seawater into your anal cavity, and just let your large intestine absorb the water directly into your bloodstream via osmosis, leaving any potential salt, detritus, and microorganisms behind in your anal cavity in the process. That way, you can subsist off of an untampered supply of sea water without having to risk ingesting too much salt. Best of both worlds.

ok, fuckboy, how about you drink nothing but salt water until you eventually die or get hospitalized.

Someone please post the niggress who killed her doggo that way.

>96% of the Earth's sand is inedible
>Said sand will make you thirsty when you eat it
Why do people fall for this meme? Has anyone here ever met someone who ate exclusively desert sand for a few days? There's no evidence of it being harmful.
It's so obvious that it's an attempt to create a small, easy to tamper with pool of "edible" food where they can put chemicals and other shit in it, while keeping the never ending delicious sand all to themselves.

Because that would drastically alter our physiology. Those genetically engineered people wouldnt even be human. But maybe if we could make a pill or capsule to ingest that could increase our ability to process or discard that extra salt in the water...hmmmmm i wonder if it could work.