psychologytoday.com/files/attachments/95822/intelligence-and-body-symmetry.pdf
unstable.nl/andreas/ai/psy/presentaties/Johnson.pdf
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ce7a/914105fd75a0aaeec66c3f66a950e038d067.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not too shabby eh?

Eh

vocabularylet
numberlet

Seems pretty accurate desu, better than average in everything and weirdly proficient in vocabulary.

Yeah, that about adds up

I think i did alright

autism is a helluva drug

The number one is pretty hard. Apparently Im not great at that. The word one is insanely easy

Where is that one guy who will evaluate whether or not each poster is meme tiered or not.

me very fast

reporting in

Good news for you lads with high reaction times < 200 ms

It is highly correlated with IQ, more so than short term memory.

>try to sign in
>invalid email or password
>password reset
>nothing actually sent to my email
>have to make a new account
Every.Fucking.Time.

Low reaction times, rather.

>Scored 91408 points in Visual Memory
Unfortunately my score in every other category is mediocre.

I'm subhuman. But oh well, fun test OP

And this is why i am into chem and not phys or maths

I got 99 in the verbal one too. With 60/70/80 in the others. How does every9ne score so high in verbal, and low in reaction. The game is flawed if its based on percentiles.

Are the percentage points bellow percentile scores?

Nope. The correlation between simple reaction times and IQ is only around 0.3. For comparison, the correlation between IQ and brain size is 0.2. The correlation between choice reaction times (how fast you answer a test question) and IQ is slightly higher though, almost 0.5.

please don't bully

forgot pic

Those are still higher than short term memory.

You're wrong once again. The correlation between IQ and reaction time is in fact strongly mediated by short term memory (correlations decrease significantly when you control for STM).
STM and IQ correlations are between 0.6 and 0.7.

The most g-loaded cognitive test is vocabulary size, at almost 0.9.

Couple of issues with this:
1/ the verbal test rewards a poor vocabularly; the strangeness of words makes them more memorable
2/ reaction time is quite dependent on your device

This. If you want a good indication of IQ and don't have access to a professional Stanford-Binet, a good vocab test is the best you can do.

incorrect.

"
0.90 (Raven et al., 1994). Although a recent study found a sex difference favoring males (Colom &
Garcia-Lopez, 2002), no sex difference was noted in the standardization sample (Raven et al.,
1994).
(2) The WAIS III Vocabulary subtest (Wechsler, 1997) assessed the ability to give concise, accurate
oral definitions of words. Due to its ability to tap active recall and definition abilities, the WAIS III
Vocabulary is a highly g-loaded verbal test. The internal consistency reliability of the WAIS III
Vocabulary is estimated at 0.93 (Wechsler, 1997).
(3) The Shipley Vocabulary test measures vocabulary recognition in a multiple-choice format (j=0.87;
Shipley, 1946). The Shipley Vocabulary is probably less cognitively complex, accounting for its
lower g-loading than the WAIS III Vocabulary."

Short term memory has always been my bottleneck.

>incorrect
>links an article that confirms the claim about vocabulary

> The word one is insanely easy
For you.

>The most g-loaded cognitive test is vocabulary size, at almost 0.9
What about dyslexic people? Their intelligence shouldn't assessed through vocabulary.

>1/ the verbal test rewards a poor vocabularly; the strangeness of words makes them more memorable
What if you have a bunch of strange words at once? What if they look all the same? That makes memorization harder, not easier.

Wrong, brainlet
"Estimates of a given test’s g-loading will depend on the other tests in the same principle component
analysis as well as unique sample characteristics. Yet, there is a general consensus about the rank
ordering of common tests’ abilities to tap g. Our rank ordering of tests in terms of g-loading was based
on analyses performed by Marshalek, Lohman, and Snow (1983) and Snow, Kyllonen, and Marshalek
(1982); for convenience, figures representing g-loadings from both of these studies may be found in Fig.
1 of Carpenter, Just, and Shell’s (1990, p. 406) review of the cognitive skills underlying the Raven
Progressive Matrices Test (RPMT). In each of these figures, the RPMT stands at the center, representing
the prototypical g-loaded test. Vocabulary definition (as required on the Wechsler scales) is more gloaded
than vocabulary recognition, and each is more g-loaded than the Digit Span tests, with Digits
Backwards having approximately twice the g-loading of Digits Forward (Jensen, 1985).
Half of the participants received the tests in the order listed below (i.e., the most g-loaded first), while
for the other half the order was reversed:
(1) Ravens Advanced Progressive Matrices (40-min timed version) (Raven, Court, & Raven, 1994)
assessed general nonverbal reasoning. The internal consistency reliability of Ravens is estimated at0.90 (Raven et al. 1994). Although a recent study found a sex difference favoring males (Colom & Garcia-Lopez, 2002), no sex difference was noted in the standardization sample (Raven et al.,
1994). (2) The WAIS III Vocabulary subtest (Wechsler, 1997) assessed the ability to give concise, accurate oral definitions of words. Due to its ability to tap active recall and definition abilities, the WAIS III
Vocabulary is a highly g-loaded verbal test. The internal consistency reliability of the WAIS IIIVocabulary is estimated at 0.93

Not too bad but holy im a reaction/verbal brainlet

Verbal is pretty easy, I've gotten over 100 several times

Man the verbal one is really easy to me for some reason. I can probably do better than this.

But my reaction time wtfff?
What's wrong with me Veeky Forums?
Or could it be slow ping?

yeah you cheated on the numbers

Reaction time is all about coordination and reflexes. Don't worry too much about it unless you want to be an athlete or something.
Also, at least your visual memory is good.
My highest was verbal, at 91% percentile, followed by numeric, at 70% (I did this earlier this year and I got to memorize 12 digits, but now I can't get past 11 somehow), then reaction time, at 55% and visual at 40%. I am a huge brainlet compared to everyone here.

damn

Wow i thought i wasnt too bad. I am dyslexic tho

Hey , retard.
How does it feel to be proven wrong?
You never responded to How about you admit that you're wrong, retard?

>what if you have a bunch of strange words at once
what if you don't

>tfw actual brainlet

don't have the sources on me but isn't raw reaction time highly correlated with age?

saving

@9379270
You're either functionally illiterate or trolling. Not going to give you a (you) either way.

Doing this on mobile, shouldnt make any difference tho. I got top 61% for visual, didnt fit it in the screencap. Reaction times of a fucking paraplegic but found the vocabulary one insanely easy.

Am I a eugenics candidate?

you just got proven wrong you dipshit. the paper I posted says explicitly that progressive matrices tests are more G-loaded than vocabulary tests, so vocabulary tests are NOT "the most g-loaded cognitive test" as you claim.

You GOT PROVEN WRONG
How does that feel?
I'm sure glad I'm not WRONG like a retard.
You stupid fucking idiot.

Hahahahaha eat shit

you still here? retard? did you run away in after getting proven wrong?

Kill yourself, you stupid idiot

My iq is in the top 5 percentile
But my short term memory is in the top 45 percentile

odd

Did anyone else get something like this where their is a large gap between their iq and memory

And I was surprised that I got as high as I did in verbal because I have dyslexia (not for maths) and I struggle with languages.

You cited an old article that has nothing to do with the g-factor or how loaded various tests are to it, dumb shit, an article that merely regurgitates an untested assumption commonly held at the time.

unstable.nl/andreas/ai/psy/presentaties/Johnson.pdf

>It is commonly believed that the Raven (1941) is most highly g loaded, but directly comparable data are rarely available. Table 2 shows the g loadings for each test in our sample. The highest loadings were for Pedigrees (.85) from the HB and the three Vocabulary tests, one from each battery (.82, .81, .81 for the Vocabulary tests from the CAB, the HB, and the WAIS, respectively). The loading for the Raven was .67. Its loading was also exceeded by the loadings for Numerical Ability, Word Fluency, Proverbs, and Spelling from the CAB; Paper Folding from the HB; and Information from the WAIS.
>it is commonly believed that the Raven (1941) is most highly g loaded, but directly comparable data are rarely available.
>commonly _believed_
>but directly comparable data are rarely available
>The loading for the Raven was _.67_

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ce7a/914105fd75a0aaeec66c3f66a950e038d067.pdf

>Raven's is not a pure measure of general intelligence: Implications for g factor theory and the brief measurement of g
>It has been claimed that Raven's Progressive Matrices is a pure indicator of general intelligence.
>The existing factor analytic research relevant to Raven's and g is very mixed.
> Overall, the results are interpreted to suggest that Raven's is not a particularly remarkable test with respect to g.

Another clue that vocab tests are more highly loaded to g than RPM is the fact that the Flynn effect is much stronger for RPM compared to vocab size. You can actually see this in action on Veeky Forums right now, with the board's obsession with Raven's PM questions. Everyone is actively invalidating the test by learning how to solve the questions. Much harder to "cheat" like this with vocab size.

>Much harder to "cheat" like this with vocab size.
Reason being, there are much fewer methods you need to learn to solve a Raven's type question compared to the number of words one may retains.

Feel free to hang yourself anytime.
You're clueless.

first try in everything

What do I make of these results?

>vocab size is the highest g-loaded test
jesus christ iq is a meme, then

>don't read books all throughout K-12
>already at a severe disadvantage for Vocab tests
Epic.

Why? If you think about it it makes a lot of sense. Brainlets can't learn a whole lot of new words. That joke about idiots forgetting old things every time they learn a new one is pretty true when you think about it.
Keep in mind it's tests which ask you to define the words in a given list. If you can define it, you understand the concepts behind it. How many concepts can a brainlet understand? Not many I'd say.

Yes, that is the reason why everyone was banking on Raven's test: it's "culture free". Alas...

How the fuck is the average reaction time so high. Is it a lot of gaymers taking the test?

any recommendations?

At least i'm good at counter strike.

This can't be accurate

uhhh

200ms is the average for the whole population. You're just too slow.

you could have a shitty monitor

So far, from the results of the people in this thread, number memory is inversely correlated with the rest of the tests, which doesn't make any fucking sense.

There's a finite volume in the brain friend. It's like when you forget names from studying too much.

fun fact: reaction time is highly correlated with general intelligence and cognitive ability

Pretty average, took in on mobile so number one and reaction time may not be accurate (numbers didn't fit on the screen). Also, English is not my first language.

I'm gifted ^^

1st try for all, did I do okay Veeky Forums?

He is a big brain.

took me a few tries. Pretty glad with my result

I just spent 10 minutes trying to get my reaction time up to 300ms when I realized that lower means better. I'm fucking retarded.

tfw to smart to hack the site and put fake numbers

i got 13 on number memory, cbf with the rest. im a loser with no friends money or social status, memorising numbers confirmed useless.

tfw mouselet

>do the reaction test and get 250 ms consistently

>try doing it with my eyes closed in a state of pure Zen concentration Mr.Miyagi style, clicking when I see a brighter light through my eyelids
>consistently achieve 190 ms

Why is this?

Because you're concentrating more.

i could retake this test all night if i wanted better results

durrr im a brainlet you can no be smartypants

Did this just before i went to bed. Did them in descending order.
Number Memory: 70% - (9 digits)
Reaction Time: 36% - (307ms)
Verbal Memory: 83% (60 Points)
Visual Memory: 26% (6543 Points)

so Veeky Forums, how'd i do?

>Claims IQ is in the top 5%
>their

Also for the reaction time test:
I consistently get a lower reaction on my desktop than I do on my phone
Desktop ~215
Mobile ~300

If you have a 144hz monitor your screen refreshes once every 6.945 seconds, where a regular 60hz is every 16.67 seconds. I do not know if the reaction time test is synched with your framerate(probably not) , but this results in a 10ms advantage. The polling rate of of your mouse also has a small effect. Cheap mice will either be 125 or 250hz, that is times polled per second. A nicer mouse will poll at 500 or 1000hz.
125=8ms
250=4ms
500=2ms
And of course 1000 is once every millisecond. So the difference between a cheap computer and a gaming one can be upwards of 17ms in this test. The more you know.

wish i didnt fall asleep at 3am last night