Another record breaking cold winter

Has the global warming® scam finally been debunked

Other urls found in this thread:

notrickszone.com/2017/11/24/warming-defied-greenland-glacier-growth-over-past-5-years-polar-bears-leaving-early-for-ice/#sthash.yoZRyKzH.nrH5t93O.dpbs
noaa.gov/news/globe-had-3rd-warmest-year-to-date-and-5th-warmest-november-on-record
earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/EnergyBalance/page6.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Regardless of the fact you are a moron, this winter fucking sucks here. No snow for another winter it seems. Maybe in January. I haven't been ice fishing in 10 years because of this shit. Instead of snow, we get rain and fucking mud. MUD!!!

The idea behind global warming is that the globe's weather becomes more extreme as time goes by, the cold regions get colder and the Hot regions get hotter, that's how it works. The winters are breaking records? well I guess global warming is true then.
btw, global warming is a natural process, it would gradually happen either way, the problem for many is if it's accelerating due to human activity on Earth or not. I say, we are gonna get fucked either way, so might as well give it a shot and try to fix it.

Global warming has as one of its consequences that the climate will be more extreme, meaning more unstable and less predictable. You fail to understand that global warming doesn't mean the whole earth is is alwas going to be warmer at any point in given time, it means that winters will be more cold, summers will be more extreme, thus making life in general for people, and for animals less easy to adapt to.

Global =/= local

bait

>global warming is a natural process

Yes, man is part of nature. Anything man does is actually natural.

yes

>t. op pic related, snow on the dog

yeah man definitely, don't you love how mother nature creates spaceships, cars and nukes, it's such a beautiful natural process ammiright bro

>Top Kek

Better question how do we get rid of the atmosphere?
Useless thing is just getting in the way all the time, might as well just sell it off to Martians or something.

It's normally -30C where I live this time of year. It's 1C today. Wow OP, I sure BTFO'd you.

>if it's warmer it's global warming. if it's colder it's also global warming. if it's just the same it probably still is global warming
that's why no one takes you guys seriously. global warming it's a religion for you

We probably should have only used the term "climate change" other than global warming. Just so people wouldn't get so confused.

First post best post. Korean winters have been getting shorter and shorter every single year. Spring and Fall have become transient as well, causing abnormal plant behavior.

It is getting warmer in Asia. NA is cold because the polar vortex has become unstable.
More like global warming induced climate change.

I've just had a huge burger, has the world hunger scam finally been debunked?

Global warming or global cooling is a funny way of saying "Weather" which changes by the nanosecond, as the more specific a region the more specific behavior of each atom, which there are a lot of...so...'fuck work'.

>he fell for the world hunger meme

>Global warming or global cooling is a funny way of saying "Weather"
Weather is not global, retard.

This is the warmest winter I've seen since I started caring about climate change (3 years ago).

If you aren't seeing it you are insane.

its by far the coldest winter we've ever had, 3 cows froze to death overnight because something spooked them and they broke through a fence pailing and ended up stuck in the bottom of a ravine, was a real fucking pain in the ass to pull them out of there.

my grandpa is 85 and he reckons it wasn't this back when he was a little kid.

Your grandpa is senile.

It's just seasonal here and sometimes it goes above seasonal but never below seasonal and I'm in freaking Canada, which is coldland

why do canadians always brag about their country being cold? ever heard of russia? they think you're a pussy faggot over there mr coldland

all 10000 of them can suck my dick

lol nvm there's fucking way more people in Russia

it's colder because it's one giant fucking landmass, compared to Canada which is surrounded by water
Still similar latitudes

>We probably should have only used the term "climate change" other than global warming.
Because that way no matter what happens you can never be TOTALLY wrong. This is the very definition of intellectual dishonesty: you literally can't get any more extreme.

k AGW fgt

>Canada is surrounded by water on three sides
>Russia isn't surrounded by water on three sides

>what are the Great Lakes
>what is Hudson's bay
>what is Nunavut being a shitload of little islands
>what is Russia is way bigger

good thread

It isn't. I really hope this is bait.

It hasn't snowed where I live in 3 years fuck you I love snow if I want snow I need to go up into the mountains

>what are the Black and Caspian seas
>what is the gulf of Ob
>what is the surface area of the Kamchatka
>what is Russia only looks big from the Mercator projection

It's 80 fucking degrees here.

>This is the very definition of intellectual dishonesty
You are definitely misunderstanding. That is extremely intellectually dishonest.

>that's why no one takes you guys seriously.
Only the mentally indigent or lazy don't take it seriously.
Global warming means more energy is added to the atmospheres and seas, and to some small degree (no pun intended) the land. This extra energy means volatility. Atmospheric events happen faster and with more energy. This includes pushing air off the poles. The cold air you are experiencing comes at the expense of the Arctic and Antarctic regions becoming warmer. Hence the increased calving in the Antarctic and the diminishing ice cap (both in seasonal duration and size), even while you experience more cold. But your summers will make up for that.

>live in interior Alaska
>used to be -30 F in December all the time
>it''s been 20 F for the past 2 weeks
>not even mad

shut up florida fag.

They are not contradictory.

Protip: one of them doesn't have the word "Global" in it.

Golly op that was very clever and insightful very smart you are correct!

>Russia only looks big from the Mercator projection

Retard. Russia = 2x Canada

Go back to plebbit

>Go back to plebbit

I don't believe in the AGW bullshit.

also, what's plebbit?

>what's plebbit
the place where you got that comic from, I guess by now it could've come from facebook

>the place where you got that comic from, I guess by now it could've come from facebook

I made that comic.

You're full of shit antarctic ice has been increasing
notrickszone.com/2017/11/24/warming-defied-greenland-glacier-growth-over-past-5-years-polar-bears-leaving-early-for-ice/#sthash.yoZRyKzH.nrH5t93O.dpbs

That's even worse you fucking faggot

That's even worse, it looks like it come out of 2009

>antarctic
>greenland

>That's even worse
>That's even worse

same shillbook?

Actual scientists dispute your unfounded claim.
noaa.gov/news/globe-had-3rd-warmest-year-to-date-and-5th-warmest-november-on-record

>Anything man does is actually natural.
L0Lno fgt pls
Lrn2artificial

>notrickszone
L0Lno fgt pls

You must be over 18 to post here

Oh, then you're a fucking mongoloid. Leave.

More sea ice in Antarctica doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about

Denialism should be illegal.

I hate white people too.

I live in a terribly hot place and this is the coldest summer I've had in 25 years. Some places are more temperate, some are more extreme, people should just call it 'global weather instability' and get done with it.

>not even winter yet (Dec 21st)
>no snow for winter

you retarded m8?

What defines winter. We've reached aphelion by tomorrow meaning northern hemisphere daylight length will start increasing instead of decreasing.

Is global warming the cause of the rapid rise of negro population in Africa?

definitely not

No, that's cause of liberalism pushing sex as a passtime which means 99% of white people use condoms while 0% of niggers do cause they live in mud huts and dont have 7-11s much less factories that could harvest latex nevermind produce condoms.

>what defines winter

are you fucking retarded?

[CITATION NEEDED]

You are clearly a mongoloid.

How do these threads keep getting replies on a science and math board?

>White people harvest latex
latex comes from South America but people just synthesize it nowadays

It's a good thread, fuck off

>doesn't know the definition of winter
>calls other people names

zoz

Winter means a lot of different things to different people. For instance to me winter means Christmas week, but you might disagree with me here.

Well what defines winter? It's only going to start getting warmer from here to july, putting us currently right in the middle of winter.

The global warming conspiracy is an attempt by the scientists, who work very hard on very complicated problems, often for little pay, to make fat stacks of cash from government grants. Instead of just getting much easier 4 year finance degrees and making an assload more money that way. Also liberal jews.

>the period from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox

you should try using a dictionary some time, I know you're a special millennial snowflake and think you can invent your own meanings to words, but welcome to the real world

Winter cannot be objectively defined...

Yes it can. Winter is a period of three months that contain the lowest average temperature through the year.

How can three months contain the lowest average temperature? The average has to take into consideration all of the months.

it's the lowest average monthly temperature retard

You can't force your narrow definition onto people like that. As I've said before winter is Christmas week to me.

>being this retarded

How fucking ignorant do you have to be to claim you can give words your own personal meaning. Go to school.

Well ok, you seem to know your climatology. I was just putting you to the test btw

>not being able to follow a Veeky Forums comment thread

lmfao

One month out of three, or three months out of twelve? What's the average taking into account?

I don't know why you guys are on a science board the reason the weather has been so random and colder in some parts and warmer in others is due to the jet stream. The jet stream is a lot loopier because of the lack of strength of the polar vortex.

>3 years
>Thinks has enough data to make a definitive argument
>Being this cucked

Well said

Where did this extra energy come from? Was it trapped by the greenhouse gases?

Top kek 10
I thought I was on a /b/ thread

No its not, fuck off back to where ever it is you crawled out of.

>doesn't understand how reply chains work
>thinks he belongs on

kill yourself, retard.

3 pretty simple lemmas:

1. CO2 and many other gases have "greenhouse" properties in that they allow visible light to pass through (hence invisible), but trap and re-emit infrared radiation. This is literally 19th century science, first proposed by Joseph Fourier in 1824, verified and quantified experimentally beyond reasonable doubt by Svante Arrhenius.

2. CO2 in the atmosphere has been rising, and this is a result of fossil fuel combustion (pic related). CO2 can be measured experimentally in the lab, and the stable isotopes of CO2 plunges into the negative values. Fossil fuel has distinct negative isotopic signature compared to natural CO2. This is also an undeniable fact from observation.

3. You add 1+2, you would expect the radiative energy budget of the earth to be out of equilibrium. This is exactly what we observe, based on satellites that measures total energy in vs. energy out by CERES satellite at NASA. earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/EnergyBalance/page6.php On average, only 71% of energy entering the Earth is leaving. 2nd law of thermodynamics and conservation of energy states that when a system had energy imbalance, T must go up.

In short, CO2 causes greenhouse effect. Humans put CO2 into the atmosphere through fossil fuel burning. The earth is now in energy imbalance due to additional CO2, and therefore warming. All basic, high school physics that should be easy to understand

so young
so small brained
we are not separate from the system user
that is an illusion

>tips fedora

So when "CO2" rises into the atmosphere, what happens to the other gases? Do they move to make room? Is the atmosphere therefore getting bigger?