AMA

AMA

>here's my offer that I'm gonna rob and set you back in debt for many years

What's it like knowing you're going to waste 36,000 on an education you could have gotten at the public library?

OP here, more like here's my offer that I'm not going to meet in the first place

I've been educating myself like this, but it doesn't make me employable

You think a piece of paper makes you employable?

If you're going for academia and research, sure. The rest of the world is highly skill based. Creatives are plenty but few are gifted.

Academia is the plan, teaching the backup. Or I'll sell out and do a single year law conversion course

Which college faggot, I'll beat you up if I see you browsing Veeky Forums

Why do you browse when you're underage?

Hertford u fag, you?

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!

a piece of paper sure as hell helps. I didn't go to uni and I will always regret it. If you don't have friends/parents to help you with getting a job, uni is your best bet.

To be honest, browsing lit got me the place.

I always wondered what my life would have been like if I didn't start reading at 22.

Maybe I'd have been Prime Minister by now.

>Academia is the plan, teaching the backup.
Might as well kill yourself now mate.

Pembroke

Hoping to get in on the rowing, plus the PureGym is right behind the college. Gonna be the ultimate /fitlit/ ubermensch.

>Implying anyone is stupid enough to pay anything but the minimum back until the loan is wiped

It doesn't affect our credit and It's not too noticeable because the money gets taken out of your salary

>he thinks getting accepted is worth something
Good luck with staying in and actually making it to the end, underagefag.
t. dropped out twice.

>tfw you'll never go to oxford
I went to a good school, but it's not the same

Lol why would you tell people what college you are at I'm going to wedgie you if I see you

exactly. And being on a better paying job that we like is better than you minimum wage slave cucks

I was at Worcester college, like five years ago though.

Lol though, studying at Oxford is like racing against Usain Bolt, ALWAYS GONNA BE SECOND TO CAMBRIDGE

Starting PhD there in October lads, whaddup?

What was the selection process like?

I suppose that's why they call it camford

>history
>not Emmanuel College, Cambridge

Looks like you got badly memed.

Rekt

kek

Fine. I applied, got an interview and got given the PhD.

It was in biosciences which I guess is likely easier to get into than humanities.

>Oxford
>English language and literature

I just like the subject lad, wanted to pursue it in the best way possible
>losing university challenge

teebs is this you

not cambridge baka

Cool, good to know.

I'm considering applying for Oriental Studies there if I'm not selected for research directly in Japan.

>doing a degree about japan after the year 1989

Don't let your fetish for japanese cartoons lead you to waste your degree and your life, study something you'll still be interested in after you finally fuck a 3dpd

My "fetish" is for early 20th century Japanese literature.

I'm already finishing my Master's in Japanese language here in home country (free universities) and I want move to get PhD abroad. As I said, ideally in Japan - where else to study Japanese literature?

oh so ur into that faggot manlet who prances around in a diaper? japan is fucking queer

Who do you refer to? Mishima? He's post-war, not really early 20th century.

After Said bodied area studies the only point is for hipster cred, but for that u need to do something a little more obscure like khmer studies or something, japan is mainstream and pleb as fuck

Redpill me on Nishida. Is the Kyoto school worth spending time on?

What AS grades did you guys get and what A2 grades are your offers conditional upon you receiving?

Not familiar with his work. I focus on one specific author.

Begs the question, is focus on one author too specific of a topic for PhD? It's about just right for the research stay in Japan, but PhD might be different.

AAAB at AS, A*AA requirements (Cam). Oxford is usually AAA for humanities, but Cambridge want an A*.

>tfw scottish and studying at university of edinburgh
>tfw tuition is free for scots and eu students
>tfw the english still have to pay full price

How will crumpetfags ever recover?

ill admit youve got it good lad, but why aren't you at St Andrews?

>A*AA requirements
What percentage of A-Level students would get A*AA or higher?
I'm an Irish student, so I'm not deeply familiar with how difficult it would be to do that well.

Have you been to St Andrews? It's a village.
Also it's full of posh English cunts and Americans. So's everywhere else in Scotland but it's especially bad there. And Edinburgh's better for lots of subjects anyway.

I've got a source from 2015 here that says that only 9.21% of students get A*AA or above. It is fairly hard to get an A*. The vast majority (95% or more I think) of Oxbridge offer holders make or exceed those grades though.

i should've applied for edinburgh, how is it? what course you doing?

What should one do instead?

I'm not , I didn't even study in Scotland. I just like to check these threads to laugh at 18 year olds who think they're hot shit for getting into Oxbridge. I went to Cambridge years ago but now I'm an anxious depressed unemployed wreck like the rest of Veeky Forums. Take it from me, an Oxbridge degree doesn't mean you're going to make it, lads.

>only 9.21% of students get A*AA or above
Jesus that's actually quite easy. I suppose it's probably a higher percentage than you would observe if every 18 year old did A-levels.

>anxious depressed unemployed wreck
What degree did you do, and what grade did you get?

ABC at AS and A*AA predicted for A2, I've been offered AAA though like said

>Take it from me, an Oxbridge degree doesn't mean you're going to make it, lads

I understand that fully. There's plenty of people who don't go on to be successful, or who have terrible lives after Oxbridge. That's why I'm not taking it for granted that I do have the opportunity to go.

I hope things improve for you mate.

You just sound like a faggot to be quite honest pal

Cambridge master race.

Post the conditions faggot.

is me

2:1 in MML (German and Italian). I could get a job I'm sure, but I need to get used to leaving the house first.

Ta. It's not so bad really, I just need to get my act together. Enjoy your time there!

cheers babe

imagine being a faggot who goes to oxbridge and doesnt succeed, you pussies making me kek with you beta shit. Bet you were let in because of your colour or financial situation lol, waste of spacers

t. Jonathon von Moneybags III

Quads for truth.

What GCSE and AS grades did you guys get?

Oxford offers an archaic and even more unemployable than normal History education. You'd literally be more employable at a Met uni who at least try to offer some transferable skills into employment.

12 A*s, 2 As GCSE, 3A*s (Lit, Psychology, Sociology) and an A (Language)

which guy are you?

cambridge fag here :) yourself?

I'm at Trinity College . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dublin

>tfw got rejected from Peterhouse, Cambridge

Cambridge offer holder reporting in

cool, what course?

GCSE 4A* 4A & B, AS AAAB

College lad?

what are you anxious and depressed about?

Write a short essay then post it on Veeky Forums

Are these the Veeky Forums equivalent of Veeky Forumss IQ threads?

Pembroke College, History and Politics

My old college, fucking beaut. Scratch Simpkin for me

>tfw tuition is free for scots and eu students
>tuition is free
>free

>mfw neglect contextual meaning to own statists

>taxes are contextual

Not even in the gruppenchat

???

alright will hunting calm down.

what a bunch of insufferable shitbags u lot are

tfw no oxford bf

pro tip: the university where you do your BA doesn't matter. You can get into Oxford for your MA if you get good grades.

I also like apples.

oh hey there little guy, the Oxford Brookes thread is that way :)

I'm going to LSE with an internship with Goldman Sachs already lined up, enjoy your pseud safe space

I'll make sure to impose tough financial restrictions on your trading laws as soon as I'm PM

doesn't change that fact that you are a piece of shit

Got an LSE offer as well as a Cambridge one

Oxford boys leave your info please

Lmfao do fags of this board actually meme Veeky Forums studies at university ??? Dont u realise what a fucking waste of money that is, why not educate to something where u can gain money like STEM?

Severely autistic wanna be STEMfag detected. Not everyone is good in stem subjects and not everyone gets an education for simply monetary reasons

LADS

University College offer holder here.

Oxford is my dream, and it's fucking happening.

Lit degree from oxford will get you any job in any financial centre in the world.

Engineering degree from some shit college will get you a 25k job with the local council. Thats how it is here. Maybe in the states a STEM degree is a ticket to great riches but it sure isnt in Europe