Is monogamy exist anywhere in the animal kingdom, or is it a purely man-made thing...

Is monogamy exist anywhere in the animal kingdom, or is it a purely man-made thing? Is being a "slut" our natural state of being?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monogamy_in_animals#Monogamous_species
allaboutbirds.org/guide/Mallard/lifehistory:
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's pretty rare. Humans are not monogamous

parrots, otters, but it the human race it tells us two things, the promiscuity and hypergamy of women and the rate of STDs.

lots of birds and seabirds, and even some monkeys are monogamous

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monogamy_in_animals#Monogamous_species

Ugh I wish the STD fear-mongering stopped already.

It's not the 1300's anymore and we've got something called healthcare now.

Ugh I wish the obesity fear-mongering stopped already.

It's not the 1300's anymore and we've got something called healthcare now.

How is that a good comparison

There are a number of animals that are monogamous. Humans are not one of them.

>Ugh
don't ever write like this if you want to be taken seriously

excuse me sweetie, you can reduce their symptoms but youll still catch me, you if are a thot, facts honey.

So, dude, you are essentially describing the Congo, or downtown Detroit.

The difference between Apes and Humans is that we enact RULES of society. Apes do not. They just fuck whatever, and whoever is the bigger or stronger ape fucks whomever he feels like fucking then goes off to eat grubs or whatever while the females have whatever bebies they'll have.

Humans, on the other hand, have organized society where we all cooperate. The essence of cooperation is that not just the Strong get to reproduce, because we need all other males to help us build skyscrapers or rockets to go to the moon, and some of the wimpy men are nonetheless good with brains and thinking and math. They want to know that when they get to fuck a female she isn't already impregnated with some Chad's semen, so we impose a rule on women that they are NOT to fuck before they are married, and they are NOT to fuck Chad when Barney is at work designing the source code for running the turbo pump so the rocket doesn't blow up and kill Chad's rocket-jockey brother, Steve, when it takes off.

If Barney can't be assured that his semen is the only brand inside his wife, Wanda, then maybe he'll forget a if/then statement in the code and Super Steve gets blown up and we don't go to the moon like those other fuckers in the Soviet Union, and then we lose everything.

All because you and your kind think we should act like niggers and apes. Seriously. Is that what you want??

Yes.

>The difference between Apes and Humans is that we enact RULES of society. Apes do not.
Stopped reading there.

Religion and the greed of men is the reason for monogamy.

For most religions the greed part equally disadvantages the male and female, but some religions still allow men to have multiple wives, but not vise versa.

You must be retarded if you believe this. Monogamy is biologically natural. Maybe not life-long, but certainly for a few years. Humans have an incredibly long development stage necessitating some kind of irrational commitment. The fact that polygamy is often emotionally messy for irrational reasons is proof enough.

>obesity fear-mongering
found the fatty

Overall it's pretty rare, but varying degrees of monogamy is fairly common in animals that don't display sexual dimorphism (i.e., males and females look and behave fairly similarly). For instance, canada geese all look the same and are in fact monogomous, so are certain penguins. But mallard ducks look very different (males have bright green heads, females are brown) and they aren't monogamous. It's thought that this is because males don't have to develop ornate displays for attention because the pressure of sexual selection is relaxed a bit.

Like all things in nature there are no 100% clear-cut rules and boundaries in behavior, some animals are more monogamous than others but there's no "perfectly mnogamous" or "perfectly polygamous" animal

I've seen mallards form pairings though. It may have been fleeting companionships, but does that count as monogamy?

>healthcare
>in the united states of america

I can't wait for some society disrupting event to happen and all the fags reliant on AntiRetrovirals to be BTFO

>I fucked the same guy three nights in a row, does that count as monogamy?

On a short term basis yes, as you said. Some recent studies say passionate (monogamic) love often lasts between 18 months and 4 years. However on the other hand, the existance of private property is the only reason for family structure to exist on a long term: the wealthy need someone to inherit their holdings to to guarantee that they keep existing as a class, while the labour force requires a family structure to maintain itself and reproduce. All this of course is not an individually conscious process but a social one.

Ok. How many night on a row qualifies?

Holy shit you probably actually believe obesity is genetic. Just stop eating so much you fat fuck.

Haha thought the same

"sluttiness" can and does have negative impacts on society, so it doesn't matter. Also, random casual sex for purely fleshly pleasure is not our natural state of being. Rather, complex social hierarchy and relationships that result in multiple breeding partners, is our natural of state of being. They are not the same.

That's what the last sentence in my post was for, it's kind of arbitrary what we choose to classify it as because most animal behavior isn't clear cut, even humans (over half of married couples in America end up divorcing...if we were observing an animal with that rate, for example, they'd be monogamous but not to the degree that some other animals are).

From a quick google search I found this from allaboutbirds.org/guide/Mallard/lifehistory:

>Mallard pairs are generally monogamous, but paired males pursue females other than their mates. So-called “extra-pair copulations” are common among birds and in many species are consensual, but male Mallards often force these copulations, with several males chasing a single female and then mating with her.

So it looks like they have more monogamous tendencies than many other animals but don't mate for life and actively practice polygamy (and basically rape).