Prove that you exist

prove that you exist.

Don't need to.

I am a pisces in the age of pisces.

how about YOU prove that you exist

cogito ergo sum

That's actually a very good example of how we need to define well what we would like to prove. For example, proving to myself that I exist would be entirely different from proving to someone else that I exist, which would probably even be impossible. The problem is, we wouldn't even consider the question of subjectivity when asked to "prove that bob exists". Do we need to prove that to Bob, which we probably could, or to someone else? The point is, each proposition contains hidden assumptions and context, which cannot be easily seen at first glance, and it's maybe possible that the things we have been proving these previous centuries in the fields of physics, philosophy and mathematics are actually false and/or useless because the questions were not well defined and subjectivity was not taken into account.

I exist by the nature of my ability to perceive.

I shitpost, therefore I am.

You can't prove anything, so I'm sorry I can't.

this is why it's either solipsism or idealism with no middle ground.

well i typed this post out didnt i

Exactly. I think it's idealism

I don't

Proof is a spook.
Existence is a spook.

What now?

What are the
"Laws of Existing"

1. A stink
2. A pulse
3. A stinky pulse
4. The lights are on
5. Showtime

I think, therefore I am.

Here I am.

t. Intuitionist.

Axiom existence: I exist.

Theorem existence_of_me: I exist.
Proof.
apply existence.
Qed.

define exist

not an argument

Suppose to the contrary that I do not exist. Well then who made this post? [math]\rightarrow \leftarrow [/math]

I did.

I sage, therefore I exist.

Not an argument.

existence is a spook

by cogito ergo sum you can prove to yourself that you exist, then through entropy you can prove that there's something else that exist (i.e. the probability of an universe with a single unidimensional state converge to zero and the probability of a pluridimensional state diverge extremely quickly)
Now we have proven mutual existence, but I don't think you can go further in the proof without some axiomatisation...

I was trying to use this argument to prove the possibility of a God to my friend but I didn't do it well so he ended up yelling at me.

I don't exist, none of us do in the real world. That's why we're here alone posting on Veeky Forums.

>something else exists
how'd you prove that?

Well how do we prove existence of anything? By observing it in some way (using one or more of our senses). Now, this doesn't mean that things that we haven't observed don't exist. So, because I am observed by others I do exist (one and only possible way of proving existence of anything by us).

Existence is here defined as a presence of something inside the universe.

"you" and "I" are high-level abstractions. They exist only as concepts in the brain, not as direct mappings of reality.

If it can't be proven, then I'm technically invincible.
If it can be proven, good then, I exist.

Perhaps I'd rather prove that I don't exist.

If it can be proven, then technically I'm invincible.
If it can't be proven, good then, I exist.

Could, in fact, be either and/or both and/or neither.

Let's assume that I don't exist. If I wasn't existing I couldn't write this comment which I'm doing now so it's contradiction. Therefore I exist.

I think--

oh wait, I'm done.

Well then you exist [math]\implies [/math] I exist

As far as I'm concerned, it feels harder to prove the opposite, and thus I think it is more likely that I do.

you cant

Let "I" be the being such that "I" is writing this comment.

=> "I" exist.

Does it really matter whether I exist or not, if it feels very real to me?

It matters in a sense as gravity matters, is being red pilled better than blue pilled ?

stolen ;^)

Prove that I need to

So according to these statements, for example a sleepwalker temporary, a man in a coma state, or vegetable brain do not exist unless there are human observers nearby them?

It isn't saying you don't exist some of the time. It's just saying you do exist at least some of the time.

define "prove"

no :^)

Ok, say i exist

but am i unique?

somebody post that mickey mouse donald duck "hypocrite that you are for you trust your brain...." pic

The burden of proof lies on you.

prove it

Absolutely.
Little bit of knowledge of how genes work and little bit of common sense dictates that you are unique continuation of your genetic line which assures its survival through time.

caught me off guard

I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you

There is, therefore there must be at least me.

It's okay Descartes, you still did chill math stuff.

I can prove it to myself, but not to you

Left as an exercise.

why would I need to prove that?

Prove that I don't faggot.

no u

underrated

No one csn

>prove that you exist.

prove that I don't

Define prove.
Define exist.

I think, therefore I am

Dubs(+).

It is sufficient to say being able to question one's own existence (or question anything at all) implies one exists. No cases exist where a non existant object can question itself, or even do anything.

Define "existence"

underrated post

How did you prove that you can't prove anything?

>tfw i question my existence because my actions dose not affect reality in any way whatsoever
using my logic you exist by affecting reality
but i dont so there is that

>I think
>I am
your move OP

so you thought that someone else would post OP

but nope
it is me
not anyone else

and definitely not you for that matter.

hope you have enjoyed this little existential intersection where our thought forms crossed.

I
don't.

I EXIST AND MY EXISTENCE IS PAIN.

Is that enough user? There are other subjective points like you. You're not alone.

I don't

I drink therefore I am.

I stink therefore I am.

dubs confirm it

Proof left as exercise for reader.

hello

muh niggah

I was going to write an explanation of what Descartes meant by that quote but then I realized [math] p \implies q [/math] is not logically equivalent to [math] ¬p \implies ¬q [/math]. So you're basically stupid.