What's with Americans and IQ ??

why burgers are obsessed with this "" IQ "" bullshit and call literally everyone a genius for doing simple shit like spelling or memory.

I'm a French mathematician and I have a friend who is in the US as an exchange student and he already lost his sides laughing at Americans level in Maths, he told me that what they are doing in class we've already seen in France in highschool, and every professor thinks he's a genius while in France he is very average.

Why Burgers are so retarded ?

Private education system.

>Private education system
so capitalism?

man...you're getting fucked so hard

>private education system = capitalism

Bet you're american, to confim OP considerations.

>I'm a French mathematician

M''''ais oui.

IQ is well-known for having the best predictive power when it comes to general academic success or good job performance, regardless of what it involves.

Also iq is not so much about memory or spelling as it is about pattern recognition. And even then, memory stuff like vocabulary size is strongly correlated with intelligence, not because memorizing is hard, but because it comes naturally to smart people. Ask a dumbass to memorize something and he will do it. But it won't be a natural trait. The difference is there.

please stop this nonsense you brainlets are really annoying:

>Hurr duur a Burger got highest """IQ""" in the world 'bout 230
>real scientists who gave us lots of stuff like Riemann and Einstein and Newton just had about 140

Shut the fuck up with your nonsense that you keep patting yourself with it

High iq like 200+ come from old-fashioned tests and cannot possibly be compared with modern ones. Most scientists did not take an iq test. Most people who take iq tests don't become scientists because not everyone actually wants to become one. Oh and, 140 is extremely above average. Not common at all. You are either overestimating the general population (including yourself perhaps) and/or underestimating its rarity.

I never took IQ test and it doesn't interests me because it looks stupid, I mean theoretically If someone asks me to know the Intelligence of an individual I would need to give him a series of tests trough a long period of time and it would take much more than some shapes and equations

which uni are you from?

I like americans, but they are way too focused on things like race, IQ and ancestry. I dunno why though.

What US college classes do you take in high school?

The only people who care about IQ are brainlet and people who have unquenchable egos.

To answer your actual question, I think the reason is because America has a culture of extreme competition and IQ like looks, height, etc can't be changed. (in general) so it's the easiest way to feel good about yourself. A way to keep sane in an emotionally crushing and alienating culture of success being everything.

Race and ancestry because of all the different cultures in a small area along with voluntary segregation and non-organic desegregation probably. Catholicism / Protestantism has a lot to do with also I think. America has only become "mixed" pretty recently. A lot of cultural identity of Americans just 3 generations ago was still largely from wherever they came from, especially for Germans, Jews, and Irish post civil war. Now you see it with more recent immigrants like Korean, Hispanic, and Chinese.

The entire country is built on a mentality of you can't tell me what is right or wrong - ill figure it out myself. While this is not necessarily bad, they also have a strong history of anti intellectualism. No other society has actually bred contempt for intellectuals like the US other than perhaps France under the reign of the Terror or Revolutionary Russia. This leads to many policies in the US run on half baked psuedoscientific theories in the 20th century that have long been discarded by the rest of the civilized world.

Americans have been busy doing the math since WW2. The EU is crumbling now. Have the French calculated for it?good luck.

Your title is not indicative of the rest of your post, nor is your reaction picture.
You made it sound like it was going to be a post about how iq doesn't matter and just turned into "hurr burgers dumb".
This really belongs more in /pol/.

>I'm a French mathematician and I have a friend who is in the US as an exchange student and he already lost his sides laughing at Americans level in Maths, he told me that what they are doing in class we've already seen in France in highschool,

(other french math dude) not anymore. That was true maybe 20 years ago, but the french highschool math level has collapsed since, in a very short span of time due to massive SJW propaganda and other stuff similar than what burger do.
>Remember BAC 2004 when the "geometry" problem was allegedly "impossible" and officials had to apologize?

> Why Burgers are so retarded ?

My IQ isn't calculable and I'm burger boy....I also didn't go to school and dig drugs and violence instead

Now I'm disabled and a hermit.

Life is wrong.

Death is right.

I was.

IQ is bullshit since it massively encourages people to stay away from what would ultimately make them smarter a.k.a. TRAINING their brain, namely: studying, learning, thinking about increasily complex topics.
Stop paying attention to that crap based on elementary pattern recognition (what else ?) and go working on math, litterature, chess, riddles, science ...

If you believe that your intellectual ability is locked from birth like CPU specs, and then you decide that "studying is not for me" you lose, and you miss many many things.

A note about the antisemites larping here: What the jews do ? They study and include studying as a part of their identity as jews. Think about it.

>calling yourself a mathematician while you're still in undergrad
Lol, I took a basic chem class once so I guess that makes me a chemist even though I have no further education in it.
And don't even try to say you're doing grad school level math in high school.

I'm having trouble parsing your post
>Why are Americans obsessed with a system that quantifies intelligence?
>I'm French and my French friend is in America and he laughed at how, when comparing their academic system with ours, they study less advanced subjects at an equivalent grade.
>Why do Americans have so little intelligence?
w-what?