What does it take to be a man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YYVjgO8z_94
iancommunity.org/cs/understanding_research/extreme_male_brain
youtube.com/watch?v=S64Hdh249Cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a benis

To walk 500 miles and walk 500 more.

A solid moral interpretation of experience in general (world as will).

Self-honesty. Discipline. Calm. A success or two. Room to work.

What did he mean by this?

self-identifying as one

t. liberal

There doesn't exist a concept of a man any longer in the West.

To be so comfortable with your sexuality that you could ass-fuck a man without budging from your heterosexual convictions.

power tools

i think he was just proclaiming

Enlightenment and actualization are real concepts that people strive for and as males in the western culture those values are actually attached to our masculinity. I mean to be emotionally resilient is to "man up" in the face of adversity, if you get my sentiment. To be masculine is to be humble but impressive in your reservation. Because our society was in fact patriarchal the successive generations who discovered latent sexism have denied the good and bad parts of the ideal masculine identity and now it is no longer possible for men to strive for manhood without supposedly compensating for weak father figures or repressed homosexuality or something.
>inb4 projection
In reality you should just be secure in your identity, without believing you know it fully. Do your best and let your sense of self be a natural process rather than an active opinion, whether you are truly, or falsely a man when you are living to your full potential, you cannot control; but you can control how much of your potential you fulfill.

Action. Real men don't think, they act.

Being earnest
Also

Virtue.

Any response that involves "being secure and accepting yourself" if false. This conformism is intrinsically feminine and must be disregarded as so. A great man doesn't accept himself because that would deny his evolution.

Suffering

I've come to understand there is a set number of roads to walk down.

oh, you

By that logic, child sex slaves are more masculine than me

Strength, Courage and probably not being a complete idiot.

Stand up for what you believe, but also know when to accept you're wrong.

Also a man is never at ease in the world. He always feels something is not quite right.

Maybe try to be less of a twink faggot then.

Mfw all that self-hatred is actually masculine

girls sometimes have benises tho

What does it taste like to be a man?
What does it smell like to be a man?
What does it sound like to be a man?
What does it feel like to be a man?
What does it look like to be a man?

What does a man give?
What does a man take?

What does it take to be a man?

Limit yourself to a single question and you get a one-dimensional answer.

Women don't do or have these qualities? Sexists.

youtube.com/watch?v=YYVjgO8z_94

In earnest, > "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” One's body should be able and ready, even if your career isn't a trade or you've never competed as an athlete.

Being a miserable pile of secrets

Gender roles are provincial
This discussion is only useful within the limits of understanding a society or comparing it to another
All the sentimentalists ITT just wrote down what they admire in the most important man in their lives, usually their fathers, uncles, or elder brothers or cousins

Carping? Unmanly.

Yes, they don't.

please put more effort in your shitpost next time friend

The will to power

>still conflating "liberal" with "progressive" in the current year
lord almighty, user

Gender is a spook.

Woman is the default- I believe there's a biological justification for this claim -- whatever. High quality women flourish in this primordial soup state of a society devouring the souls of the untermenschen including and especially nu males.

What it takes to be a man is to restrict and segregate yourself from this ungendered or "androgynous" mass of inferior men and women (since you can't be a HQ woman since there are no convincing traps, traps are gay)

So in a way the r9kish mindset obtains that hot women > men > ugly women > inferior men (you either understand what I'm talking about or you don't)

In a nutshell: Will to autism.

Women (in the constructed sense) can be autistic, they have will to power, life and so on. But what Women can never have is will to autism.

>Hard science
>Monotheism
>Philosophy
>Non social vidya
>Hermitism

Your counterexamples are insubstantial.

Get this fundamental law and everything becomes obvious: Non instrumental discipline of the mind + autistic poeisis = Will to autism

>traps are gay
Stopped reading

This

>it's not gay to masturbate to something that has a penis

being a cuck essentially

This, if you don't enjoy watching your loved ones getting fucked by an alpha male you are denying nature.

That is what the feminized, self-sacrificing notion of manhood wants you to believe. Man self-sacrifices, sure, but only in the name of his own future glory.

Being a Warrior. Knowing the meaning of the Word Honor. Being Proud. Being Swole. Fighting for One's Race. Being Strong. 100% Hetero. Fighting Bolshevism in all its forms.

>vikings
>good warriors
LMA O

being a conscript to fight someone elses war, working hard for little pay and no personal achievement and other people taking credit, and being scolded the minute you complain "I dont just want you doing the dishes, I want you to want to do the dishes," sounds like some cuck/slave shit to me

Just give up and get on those estrogen pills

XY gonosomes

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

To anally dominate another man.

fry urself lmao

The man's power is active, progressive, defensive. He is eminently the doer, the creator, the discoverer, the defender. His intellect is for speculation and invention; his energy for adventure, for war, and for conquest, wherever war is just, wherever conquest necessary.
The man, in his rough work in open world, must encounter all peril and trial;—to him, therefore, must be the failure, the offence, the inevitable error: often he must be wounded, or subdued; often misled; and ALWAYS hardened. But he guards the woman from all this; within his house, as ruled by her, unless she herself has sought it, need enter no danger, no temptation, no cause of error or offence.

Lots and lots of money

We should really ban stroke victims from posting

One word: stoicism.

He's right, though:

iancommunity.org/cs/understanding_research/extreme_male_brain

youtube.com/watch?v=S64Hdh249Cg

I've honestly never met a man I can admire for being a "man". I mean, I like and even have loved a lot of people, but men who are overly conscious of their maleness, of being men, usually are just macho idiots. And a lot of great men I know and have known aren't really self-consciously masculine.

This image of the ideal half-macho/cruel/tough half-sentimental/idealistic man either is found only in poetry, novels, movies, etc., or is only emulated by complete sociopaths who forget the sentimental part, the part where you're an actual human being who doesn't, say, beat the shit out of their wife and children and gain the hatred/fear of everyone around them.

Then again, maybe it's because I'm too much of a chauvinist and intrinsically hate anyone who threatens my dominance, since I have met a lot of women I've admired for being womanly/like an ideal woman.

tl;dr fuck you

Penis, gender is a spook

Power. If you can't do 15 pullups you don't deserve to call yourself a man.

>confusing strength with power
you're not a real man.

>sociology 101

>getting spooked by sociological analysis

The concept of a "real man" is different in every culture, anyway.

to be yourself
or better yet, don't be a "man". Just be.

woah everything is a spook man, like just blaze up that 'weed' man amirite? im so edgy for parroting establishment views while calling stuff spooks. nevermind my views are indistinguishable from buzzfeed or your standard issue jewish marxist proffessor.... libraries worth of objective race science? Spook. gender? spook. Science? Logic? Economics? you'd better believe it's a spook. The only things that aren't spooks are Marxism and gay theory. If you criticise those you are A FUCKING WHITE MALE!

99% of the time stirnerite egoism is just a rationalisation for being a trap

lmao stay mad

Lol skinlab

>Will to autism.

>libraries worth of objective race science
"Objectivity" is a spook, but I would like to see a book from these "libraries" whose scientific methodology isn't fucked by bias.
>The only things that aren't spooks are Marxism and gay theory.
Nice straw man you put up there, bud. I'm not a Marxist or a "gay theorist," whatever the fuck that is. They (Marxism and gay theory) can be spooks just as much as logic, science, and economics (your sacred things whose assault you're obviously butthurt over) can. Keep crying man-baby

This is demonstrably false: I thought I was trans until I read Stirner. I then realized that transgenderism is one of the greatest modern spooks in that it posits that I can be other than I am through sheer spirituality (and testosterone/estrogen). It is a society wide codification and defense of the addict's thinking patterns. No "transgender" person has read and understood Stirner, I guarantee you.

But if you mean "trap" in the old way, I can't speak to that, judging fetishes is absolutely as pointless as judging any other sort of stealthily disguised fixed idea.

>I thought I was trans until I read Stirner. I then realized that transgenderism is one of the greatest modern spooks
>mfw when stirner managed to man up a trap
best philosopher desu