Fell for the EE meme

>fell for the EE meme

Other urls found in this thread:

willrobotstakemyjob.com/17-2071-electrical-engineers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He fell for the money meme

Always do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says.
Comp Sci and Comp Eng are by far more lucrative and more interesting. I completely regret EE. Look on the bright side, though. You didn't go ChemEng (which Veeky Forums also shills for)

Interest is subjective

ChemEng is the bloody best career ever.

Isn't it software and hardware engineering lol.

>CS and CompE are more interesting
Please be bait

What is that image supposed to convey?
Why is this frogs relationship with the tadpole?

Made it 3 years into EE degree and realized there was absolutely nothing that interested me in the field

Why did you start studying it then? Did you just pick a random major?

I thought that electronics were like magic and wanted to understand how they worked. Realized I didn't really care about the application.

>became a physics major

Ah yeah I guess I kinda went into EE with similar intent. I am now in more applied physics area like photonics, optics, electromagnetics

what are the requirements to get an Electrical Engineering degree?
i want to get one
i dropped out of highschool though. i only have a GED. but i work with electrical utility company though.

yup, i'm working in AMO now and studying spintronics. The EE skills are extremely helpful for fixing all this craigslist-tier equipment though

Calculus, linear algebra, basic physics, then electronics courses. Recommend you start at a local CC doing the calculus and physics so you can see if you hate it or not. Most people think all that they'll never use it again and they are very wrong.

Case and point

>EE meme
Explain OP

How is it a meme?

Yeah like the other person said do 2 years at CC to get prereqs out of the way (calc 1-3, physics 1 and 2, diff eq, linear algebra, maybe comp sci class?, and some general electives). After that transfer to a 4 year university with your credits and finish off the degree as required.

If I were you I would like at options for 4 year universities near you or instate, google up whether they are ABET accredited or not, and then check all their transfer policies, specifically for EE. If you need help you can always email an admissions person in the EE or just engineering department and ask something about which courses would transfer from a CC. You want to get every single transferable course out of the way at CC as it will be much cheaper.
When you get to the 4 year you might have to take some intro or seminar courses from 1st and 2nd year EE, but after that you should be into 3rd year topics, which will be some higher level prereqs and maybe some specialization topics, and then 4th year courses will mostly just be senior design and specialization electives. It is different from uni to uni, but mine offers the following specializations:
-Electromagnetics, optics, and photonics
-Signal processing/communications
-Electronics (analog and digital design)
-bioengineering (biomedical basically)
-Energy/power
-some materials related one

So yeah just start looking into local universities and CCs and see the best options available. If you just want a bachelors and job, just look for the cheapest ABET uni nearby after CC and you should be good. If you want a masters or a PhD (typically for management, project leaders, researchers, professors, and the most cutting edge work) then maybe look for a uni with interesting research going on and try to get experience while in undergrad.

Last note: when you get to uni from CC it can be a tough transition. Courses will be tougher but work hard and go into professors office hours if you need help.

Then should I not go for math?

>Comp Sci and Comp Eng are by far more lucrative
HAHAHAHA he doesn't know
>cries in $1000 craigslist bedroom every night

1000% accurate and helpful advice.

user you are too good for this website

Those specializations sound familiar, do you go to a CSU in SoCal by any chance?

why are people here saying EE is a meme?

are you trying to gaslight me?

I..... was.... thinking about switching majors from EE to Civil thats why I am asking, I need to know right now. Is EE a meme, YES OR NO

AND EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING RIGHT NOW

hello user fellow ee student here. why do you want to switch to civil?

>civil

brainlet

>why do you want to switch to civil?
willrobotstakemyjob.com

Look at these numbers

Civil:
>1.8% risk
>8% growth by 2024, 287k people employed
>median salary $83k

EE:
willrobotstakemyjob.com/17-2071-electrical-engineers
>10% risk
>1% GROWTH by 2024, 183k people employed
im going to restate this again
>1% GROWTH by 2024, 183k people
>median salary $94k

What good is that salary figures if LMAONOJOBS

Am I being meme'd or not?? I'm not a brainlet I swear, I just passed circuits with a B+ theres still hope for me yet

And you can actually work anywhere in the world with a CIVIL degree.

EE will only get you jobs in the tech industry of first world countries.

The median salary of EE is still higher, just harder to get into. So its your decision, easy mode babby civil or high risk high reward EE

as much of a meme as it sounds you should really go for whichever you like desu. if you apply yours well (social skills, getting work experiences, etc.) you'll definitely reach that $94k. there's really nothing wrong with civils, but if you're already taking circuits you might have to take another semester and then it'll be a hassle of graduation on time. if you don't like what you're doing it's perfectly understandable, i've got a buddy who switched from EE to biomedical engineering.

if you're really afraid of robots taking your job you're just gonna have to adapt/network and not spend your EE career just making semiconductors.

>EE is a meme
well fuck. I got into engineering this year and was thinking of going for EE, what the fuck should I do now?

go for it if you want to

I DON'T UNDERSTAND
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SHOULDN'T EE BE EXPLODING DUE TO THE INCREASING MOVE TOWARDS ROBOTICS AND COMPUTERS!? HOW THE FUCK DOES MAKING ROBOTS GET REPLACED BY ROBOTS?!

I literally haven't found a job in 6 months with a Meche degree. Most of my friends, at least the ones who aren't well connected, have had similar trouble. I think the economy is just going to complete shit right now.

Nah I went to a midwest uni that is decent overall, but not that great for EE. I am now at an ivy league uni for PhD that is pretty good for EE and applied physics

Is 23 too old for EE?
here in argieland it's a 5-6 years degree, I don't mind the commitment but I'm kinda terrified about finishing the thing and feeling like I'm too old for the field.
I'm interested in academia, if that matters.

Nah you should be fine. Ive seen people 40+ in my EE classes. Dont worry about being an older student whether you want to go into academia or industry

I'm op and I was just memeing my post cause I'm in the same situation as you lol

Are you sure, is there no military jobs or any of that sort for EE to travel places. I've also heard EE majors are the most respected majors for other types of jobs like in the business world.

>Unironically believes a website made by some CS student for a class project

>tfw you fell for the math meme
I'm too far into this major I don't have a choice except finish it

>implying I'd wanna work in some third world shithole where electricity is considered a burnable offence.
t. EE major

have fun in soy-llicon valley, california numale faggot

Have fun laying dirt roads in Botswana, sub-saharan nigger

Have fun sucking dick for cash, robot boy

>another "i didn't study" end of the semester thread

comp eng is a subfield of EE cupcake

>case and point
case in point faggot
pleb CS can't even into basic english

>EE cupcake
You mean, "EE, cupcake", pumpkin.
Suck a dick and rope yourself.

>wanted to go into power electronics
>literally no way to start unless you have 100 million dollars

Ok lets get this straight, is EE really a meme?

Im planning to double major ee and physics, its a retarded idea or not? Help me anons

EE isn't a meme, but it IS retarded to double in EE and physics. If you just focus your physics electives towards electronics and waves you already axed the need for the EE degree.

I feel bad for my friend. He was always smarted than me in high school, even got into a better uni. He went EE, I went CS/Math. He hated EE so much he flunked out and now deals weed.

*smarter
sshhheeeeeeeeiiiittt

I would say pick one or the other major, and then minor in the other. I did EE major + physics minor. If you want to go into grad school either major works for the other, i.e. an EE major can get into a physics grad school or vice versa.

A safe choice is EE major + physics minor because it is a safer bachelors than physics for jobs. I wish I had gone physics though because the required courseload is lower and I could have got into the same grad program/field im in now.

How do people do this? My undergrad experience first two years was so easy compared to high school with the freedom, not being in classes like 8 hours a day, and being in more interesting classes

SHOULD I DO EE WITH A MINOR IN PHYSICS

I only have to take one more class in order to get the minor

I'm taking thermo and fluids next semester, Will I survive?

studying a mix of mechanical engineering and business administration. am i doomed?

I got an A- in thermo 2 and fluids and I pretty much never went to class. The homework for thermo was pretty time-consuming (making graphs in MATLAB), but I found it much easier than Thermo I.
MIT OCW thermodynamics lecture series is an amazing resource.

Fluids is legitimately hard and probably goes the deepest into math of any ChemE course. Be very comfortable with Calc 3 (esp. gradients) and newtonian physics. Navier-Stokes equations are very important; they allow you to do a momentum balance on a continuum. With simplifications and assumptions they can be solved (usually via integration) to characterize many interesting systems. You can actually derive P=pgh from Navier Stokes. The MIT ocw lecture series for calc 3 might come in handy if you struggle to understand the math (like why is the gradient always normal to a contour).

MIT calc 3 is a really good resource overall for youngsters. Being able to visualize higher dimensional calculus opens many doors in math.

Do Physics and Minor in EE.

If you really decide you want to work in EE you'll be able to go straight into an MS and will have better prospects.

Everytime someone tells me i

You're doomed either way, Buck-o

user you have been the most useful user in all my time in this god forsaken website. Thank you so much, I saved your advice and will share it with my chem e gang. You sir, might have saved my chem e life. Thank you.

faggot

If you have any other questions I'll probably be around to answer them

>Fluids is legitimately hard
nigga, once you take numerical methods that shit is trivial as fuck at the undergrad level.

You went to a brainlet uni. Any highly ranked school has the first 2 years being weedout classes.

EE is fucking god tiered.

>Unironically wanting to move to a shit hole
I remember thinking that working in some far off place was essentially traveling. Then you see the alberta sands or the north slope or some shit and realize youre a fucking retard.

at least you're not a pharmacist

I fell for the EE meme. I am literally too much of a brainlet for this degree. I failed 5 classes and git Cs in 10 others. I also stumbled my way into 3rd year so i can't back out

How is EE not the future?

You see whats happening with all the hacks/intelligence spying/bitcoin?

Its all electrical engineering related

mech engineering was the monstercock of the 1800s

EE Is the future , and this is coming from a CHEMISTRY major

Im enjoying EE. Doing a course in power transmission was really eye opening. I have loved most of my courses

Y it a meme u say?

Have fun with booty flies swarming as you poop into a shallow hole by the community well, Mr. Baulregard.

Ay, sensei.

"My experience" alone does not imply whether there were weed out classes at my university or not. Many classes had terrible averages and just made me wonder how they could have possibly been admitted to college in the first place

>(making graphs in MATLAB)
heh

Just bee yourself

>implying that doesn't sound fantastic

just switch to civil -- it's supposedly easier (can someone confirm?)

if youre third year it would be a simple transition assuming youve taken Statics, civils take circuits too nigga. Youre in the sweet spot

Mechanics is the only class I got a D

Redpill me on engineering, why should I be an engineer? I just want to have a 6 figure job with some sort of mathematics involved. I genuinely enjoy all types of math (other than maybe proofs)

Build better batteries. We fucking need them BAD. More storage capacity. A LOT more.

>I just want to have a 6 figure job
>I genuinely enjoy all types of math (other than maybe proofs)
you're infuriating. go into business or whatever, who cares.
fuck you

>other than proofs
>literally the only real math
lol

I did too. The degree was great but after nearly a year in the industry it kind of sucked now I'm in grad school for physics.

The nice thing is all my fellow grad students complain about debt, while I paid off all student loans my first year of work and then saved a nice cushion.

Cheer up OP. EE is a good degree that gives you a lot of options and freedom. Plus so many people walk around not knowing about how all the technology they rely on works, so it's kind of neat having an idea.