Please, does anyone know any application about differential equations in physics / engineering or anything interesting...

Please, does anyone know any application about differential equations in physics / engineering or anything interesting? In particular, of second order. I'm desperate, I have an oral proval tomorrow morning. I am getting crazy. Thankful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P642l8oRihs
youtu.be/-BRYntr5yDE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendulum_(mathematics)#Arbitrary-amplitude_period
mathworld.wolfram.com/EllipticIntegraloftheFirstKind.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A very obvious and cliche example is Ressonance.

Every physical material has a natural frequency, at which it vibrates for small perturbations. If you excite the system with one of its natural frequencies the system the energy of the system will increase linearly with time.
ie: It's gonna break eventually.

You could theoretically destroy a bridge using a tiny tiny machine with it.

The Schrödinger equation

The teacher asked for an application of ordinary differential equations in some area. The other guys in my class have already chosen Newton's law of cooling, mass-spring systems, Tacoma bridge, circuits, oscillating structures, suspended cables. Since you can not repeat some of your colleagues' applications, I'm lost.

That's a partial

Some problems in fluid mechanics can be reduced to systems of ODE's

Ekman transport. That ones tricky to solve though. You start with a 4th order ODE and reduce it to 2 coupled ODEs. Or do a laplace transform.

gl

Mechanical vibrations

A colleague had chosen a second order differential equation for RLC circuits

>Ekman transport
wait nevermind... its the other way around.
you start with coupled 2nd order ODEs and reduce it to a 4th order ODE and use trickery or laplace transform to solve. see wikipedia.

I gave you one that you didn't mention

Now be polite, and say thank you.

AC circuit analysis.

youtu.be/P642l8oRihs

youtu.be/-BRYntr5yDE

I meant to send part 1 not part 3

Well OP.

You have not reciprocated my favour and helpful comment with the common decency of saying thank you.

I now find myself hoping that you are hit by a bus.

Good day sir.

OP here, i'm focus on differential equations ordrinary. I will check this example, thanks man.

Hey man, relax. I still looking for an application cause other just already choice RLC circuit. But i thankful for your help, God bless you.

You better go with my example, and you better get a damn A.

Or so help you god... I will...

Newtonian and Lagrangian classical mechanics.
For example, if we have F=-kx as is Hooke's law, we get mx''=-kx.

OP here. I discover the Pendulum equation, what do you think abou it?

Oh, thanks a lot for all you help, guys

Pendulum equation is good, if you want to be impressive just look up elliptic integrals and try solving it without the small-angle approximation.

>without the small angle approximation

I will try search about that, looks interesting.

Do you have any suggestions where I find things like this: an article, a specific theory? Also, thank you, brother.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendulum_(mathematics)#Arbitrary-amplitude_period
mathworld.wolfram.com/EllipticIntegraloftheFirstKind.html
Just these might be able to get you started. The basic problem is to solve the equation [math]\theta'' + \omega_0^2 \sin(\theta) = 0[/math] for theta. You can multiply the equation by [math]2\theta'[/math] and use [math]\frac{d}{dt}(f(x)^2) = 2*f(x)*f'(x)[/math] to make it separable.

As a physicist, I doubt there's anything physical that can't rely on differential equation. Quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, relativity, classical mechanics, wave and oscillation, astrophysics, statistical mechanics, particle's physic, electrodynamics, data analysis, you name it...

will you help me with a thermo workout problem? please

mass-spring or an LCR circuit

pendulum?

Solve a simple harmonic oscillator for its 1d equation of motion and you are solving a simple 2nd order linear homogeneous de with constant coefficients

Movement of pendulum using differential equations? Flow of fluid is also another case of using ODEs and is equivalent to use in circuits or mass-spring-dampener systems.

Are you serious?

Literally everything

In electromagnetism you have poisson's equation
Where you start with del^2 (E) = -V
There's a number of ways to solve it too.

>properties of exponents and basic geometry equations
Guy in OP pic is a total brainlet