Creativity thread

How do I increase my creativity?

Other urls found in this thread:

testmycreativity.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Frequently eat magic mushrooms by the zip lock and wash those down with a bite of unperforated blotter and whatever else you can find. Also smoke weed all day every day until you are fully depersonalized. Then sober up and crawl out of the schizm.That's what I did and I am pretty creative, all though I have always been pretty creative. So just be yourself, I made this post because this thread is just asking for a bunch of drugoos to tell you that you should drug

I'd rather not use drugs

Listen to hip-hop and try to tag

you don't need to. Using the 6-3-5 method, a small team of 6 people can come up with pretty much everything needed to solve a given product design problem in one or two sessions.

That test is completely arbitrary.

But if you want my honest advice spend time immersed in complex ecological communities, this includes your social life, work in them, seek them out. Restoration, take field notes and identify plants and animals, observe their behaviour, get together with your neighbors, and creative peers, create, make the world a better place. Yeah drugs are pretty good but not as good as living a real life. Ecological alienation is a very real thing, it drains the life out of people, who in turn drain the life out of their home, because that's just the way they think the world works when they are taken out of it.

DUDE

You know a lot of people go for the backpacking meme. Which is good for visiting a place, not living in it. Go to the nearest place that isn't barren, if you live in the city try to gtfo, at least as often as possible. Explore your local bioregion, get familiar with your community. Find friends that know, and friends that are creatives.
It's not hard to figure out why a homogeneous, entropic, and poorly connected community like the burbs or certain cities stifle creativity. Even in rural areas people are too detached, unplug your computer when you don't need it, learn how to leave your phone on standby, and for fucks sake try to have a real life dialog with someone. Raise animals and grow your own food.
Don't do these things for creativity btw, it's just a side effect of living like a human.

I don't think that meme was relevant to my post. Especially considering I made it clear, or at least thought I made it clear that I was telling Opie to do drugs ironically

You should be able to solve this.

Show me your art IQ, Veeky Forums

beautiful

I call it the Trichromatic Triplepenis

Read fiction

How would this test be judged? Could there even be an objective measurement for such a test?

Lolled hard

r8 pls

fuck yeah #8, filling in more circles like a fucking retard gets 2 points

The label says "cible," meaning dartboard.

Draw a single line connecting the red dot to the blue dot that passes through each gap only once. You should be able to solve this.

No pokeball?

Veeky Forums will only know about 1 of these things

ur a cuck
pic related

Powerful

Fuck you for wasting my time

I assumed it was really shitty handwriting for rifle and they were looking straight down the barrel, but alas I'm giving them far more credit than they deserve

Fucken' saved

testmycreativity.com/

did I make it to 2 points? can my father be proud already?

>Then sober up and crawl out of the schizm.
Stopped reading there

kys toolfag

r8

t. uncreative person

nigga you just made the sun but with a ship in front of it. If the sun is worth 0 then this is 1 point at most.

top kek

God fucking damnit

Psychedelics unironically

mmmmmmm

I have disgraced my ancestors yet again

meditate and clear your mind 100%
with your eyes closed focus on the static and blackness of your closed vision, until you can start making out some kind of picture, and start visualizing things in that space. Dont allow any thoughts enter your mind besides the images and symbols that appear to you.

If a clear image/symbolic picture comes to the forefront of your mind then hold your focus on it open your eyes and draw or whatever is you want to do with it.

The better and more vividly you can see images in your mind the easier it is to be creative. The more symbolically and visually you think the more ideas will come to you.

This stimulates me.

How do you quantify creativity?

Read Conceptual Blockbusting, it's written by a pretty damn good engineer

In sciences creativity isn't like in the arts. The book I suggested, Conceptual Blockbusting, gives a good example of a problem the author worked on for the Mariner IV. The spacecraft had 4 solar panels that had to be opened, but because there was no air to provide drag and they were pretty delicate they thought they had to use retarders to slow their release. The one that was used for earlier spacecraft was too heavy and had oil which could leak, so they tried devising new retarders.
They went through a few new models, very complex and risky because they were likely to fail and were very short on time. At the end when it was very close to their deadline they realize that instead of retarders they could install energy absorbers at the end of their travel, and solved the problem on time.
The idea is that in science and engineering, creativity means being able to reach an elegant enough solution to a problem that is not likely to fail.

See: lag schedule of reinforcement

Are you an engineer?

t. Plato

>Not doing a single epic drawing with the 3 circles

Not even trying

>not creating a life changing epic story using the 3 spaces

Get as much information about everything you can. Your creativity is proportional to your knowledge.

that third one is spooky

It's just a guy going to grab a cooky in his round cupboard.

>creativity is proportionalto your knowledge
Explain children then, because they ususally aren't as smart as an adult, but have wild imagninations. Gtfo brainlet

>Your creativity is proportional to your knowledge.
False oversimplification. You may have exceptional knowledge but no skills to get something new out of it.

Better advice - just try to be as creative as you can (without driving everyone around you mad), meaning - create shit and tinker, do things in new ways, improve, repeat. 99% of your tries will be shit but you will learn why and will be able improve with time.

A spooky guy in a spooky cupboard

Watch or read manga and science-fiction and fantasy.

I said it is PROPORTIONAL, not EQUAL. Children are more creative because they have virtually infinite brain plasticity. You, as an adult, don't. What there is left for you to become more creative is acquiring more knowledge.

See I do agree that there are other ways to improve your creativity, but they are only incremental. Aside from actually solving problems that require creativity, the core thing that you should do is to be more knowledgeable, specially about things from outside your field.
Creativity is about connecting different concepts. If you have no concepts you can't connect anything. So, even if you don't have great skill on connecting concepts, if you acquire a huge amount of knowledge you'll eventually end up connecting one thing or two that you couldn't if you didn't have the knowledge.

>start wasting all your time on works of fiction instead of learning real information about the world

Quality right there

yea but you will hit rock bottom really fast since science haven't done shit to make the world interesting.
>hurr durr we just don't know yet

Creativity is just insight that nobody else saw before. Read more, learn more, keep busy, and keep thinking, and you might find one day everyone thinks you're a creative genius

Altshuller my friend

good job

Increase both your comfort and engagement

I remember having to take this in high school to get into a program for "gifted" kids. I did poorly on the Raven's Progressive Matrices IQ test, but did really well on this exact same "creativity" test as well as on a test where I had to find the missing numbers in sequences, which I aced somehow. I ended up getting into the program somehow.

6 day war

mfw saw a transformer at first

that song by tool had nothing to do with my post although I am familiar with it. that song is about a failing out between two people, a schism.
a schizm, the root word of schizophrenia and schizoid personality disorder is a split in your self.
the closest song I can think of is "deep sleep" by devo

Everyone gets an A except for that cunt in the middle who just drew concentric circles

Are children really creative, though? Or are they just imitating their cartoon shows and other shit that we don't even know exists