Trash

Trash.
Nothing but trash!

I actually just finished my first read of it.

Enjoyable plot, but the relationship between the spice melange and Muad'Dib was odd to me. I feel like Herbert showed me part of Paul's sight and then forgot to return to it.

I give it a 7.5/10, probably gonna read children, but not immediately

you are wrong

You would have to read messiah before children.

Also, you are wrong. It's a cardboard plot.

What books do you read after dune? I heard Franks son wrote some shitty ones but I want to continue.

dune messiah, children of dune, god emperor of dune. After that the books skedaddle off into bullshit territory.

If you must waste your time continuing, the order is dune, messiah, children, god emperor, and then there's a fifth that herbert wrote. Everything else, his son wrote, and they're even worse than the already terrible dune series.

Thanks desu.

Herbert also wrote Chapterhouse, the sixth book

>tfw no good desert aesthetic books

>the Qur'an

I thought it was mediocre honestly

He manages to conjure up some nice desert imagery but beyond that I was pretty disappointed

Its a meme book

i'd fuck jessica ngl

>the Bible

Same

I was going to read Alamut by Vladimir Bartol soon. That seems like it might be decent, and it's set in ancient Persia which as far as I know is nothing but sand and caramel bitches?

Thanks for clearing that up, very insightful.

> reads science fiction
> complains that is trash
No shit, genius.

Ver

this shit needs to be in a sticky. also it doesn't mention the supposedly non-canon "dune encyclopedia"

funny how millions of people disagree with you, senpai.

I think you mean
>Trash within trash within trash!

I want to BE Duncan

First book is pretty great but I'm halfway through the second and it took a nosedive into generic plot weaving genre fiction.

First is better but I actually like some things about the second better. It didn't take as long for the main plot to get going for one, also the characters felt a bit more "human" in Messiah, to me at least.

Also the speech that one old Fremen gives about seeing an ocean for the first time during the Jihad was some of Frank's best writing.

Wait, Brian wrote an entire book on the fucking Sandworms?