Vocal fry question

I have developed a crippling reaction to vocal fry. I wasn't aware of it at first or what bugged me about certain people. Their voices would change. Sometimes from pain, sometimes from a place of manipulation.

Anyway, I became really aware of it when I started living with a girl who fried 24/7 (and complained a lot) and I became a nervous wreck and that ended.

Now I am acutely aware of any fry on men or women, its become somewhat of an early warning system. Even watching the news or listening to NPR can set it off. I run away from people with vocal fry now. Its kinda disturbing to find so many peoples voices annoying. I've noticed a bump since the election. lol.

Any of you know what this is called? Is there a medical name for being crippled by vocal fry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_LmC-ynqGM
youtube.com/watch?v=IqkOi2AdjLw
youtu.be/WVEDc466XvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wtf is vocal fry?

Its the lowest vocal register that causes those lapses that we hear as a creaky voice.

A dumb meme made by people who want a ""scientific"" excuse to hate women more.

Just imagine the "Ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking, we'll be flying at a cruising altitude of 50,000 ft ect". That voice has vocal fry

youtube.com/watch?v=s_LmC-ynqGM

At first I thought you meant you had damaged your voice by talking with vocal fry, but as I read more - I realized you have brain damage.

It is basically millenial SJW: the vocal affect.

misophonia to vocal fry sounds perfectly possible

>Is there a medical name for being crippled by [obsessive ideas]?
Yes, it's called OCD.
And before you respond by saying you're talking about "vocal fry" and not just your own obsessive ideas, I'll point out that people with obsessive ideas always take said ideas way too seriously in a way that prevents them from seeing the real problem which isn't the particular topic of their ideas but rather their obsessive quality.
Similar thing happens with schizophrenia. Schizophrenics are convinced the real issue of importance is the topic of their delusional thinking / the implications of that topic being true, when in reality the real issue of importance is that they're suffering from delusional thinking patterns and the particular topic is irrelevant.

It's OK, plenty of us can't stand Commiefornia English.

english in california thot dialect

I said men, too. . Mostly SJW men like the ones on NPR. A lot of it regarding muh Russia.

#mentoo

thank you.

/thread.

>vocal fry
You mean american basic bitch voice.

I never realized how much I hate this

So you mean voices or sentences/phrases have vocal fry?

Weird thing is that I know exactly what you mean but have no idea what source this idea in my head came from.

no it's a stereotype

People who speak in the RP accent sometimes use vocal fry on a single syllable: (from wiki)
>Syllable final /p/, /t/, /tʃ/, and /k/ may be either preceded by a glottal stop (glottal reinforcement) or, in the case of /t/, fully replaced by a glottal stop, especially before a syllabic nasal (bitten [ˈbJʔn̩]). The glottal stop may be realised as creaky voice; thus, an alternative phonetic transcription of attempt [əˈtʰemʔt] could be [əˈtʰemm̰t].

That J in bitten should be a small capital i, the usual i sound from bitten. It seems Veeky Forums doesn't permit the small capital letters used in the IPA.

youtube.com/watch?v=IqkOi2AdjLw

The males in NPR are the worst.

Vocal fry is crucial to be able to sing. The zipping of chords from the fry allows the slightest pressure to be applied to maintain and reach the frequency. The vocal fry is carried from the chest and brought up to the head/falsetto register. It's not crippling it can be fixed unless your chords are damaged permanently

youtu.be/WVEDc466XvI

10/10 if that was intentional
2/10 if your reading comprehension is that bad

>lemme tell you about faggot voices
>does entire video in a faggot voice

I caught that too. I wonder if it was intentional or if he was bringing a greater visibility to people with this handicap/ability... as it sometimes gets people what they want. Maybe from a subconscious effort to make it stop.

FRY

I wondered why young Americans were doing this horrible affectation. I just sat through the movie 'Valerian...etc.' and the male lead is doing it all the time. Really fucking annoying. Grow out of it, millennial retards.

don't be so obvious about parroting stories covered on robert siegel's retirement series on npr