Can Veeky Forums solve this?

I think both answers are correct
>2 = 10 min and 4 = 20 min so 3 = 15 min
is mathematically correct
>3 = 20 min
is also correct because you need to cut two time to get 3 pieces

This exact thread was here a few days ago.

Two cut in to two pieces, you need to make 1 cut. It took 10 minutes to make 1 cut. Then to get three pieces, you make two cuts, which would take 20 min.

The assumption that it takes 5 minutes per piece is incorrect because it was neither stated nor implied that the saw rate was not constant.

I mean just assuming it takes 5 minutes to cut a board into 2 pieces is a bit of an assumption but I guess you're allowed to given it's probably a test for a 5th grader

>2 = 10 min and 4 = 20 min so 3 = 15 min
>is mathematically correct
The fact that there's a small chance that you're not baiting is quite appalling desu

the reason why it was posted again is likely because OP wanted to post here like it was his blog to point something out everyone already underfuckingstands.

to make sure he never posts it again all you have to do is this

wow op that was very clever and insightful very smart you are correct!

But what if the other end of the board is infinite?

:)

It doesn't matter because either the cut is perpendicular to the length or it is assumed a single infinitely long cut takes 10 minutes.

When I take over the government the minimum age to be a school teacher will be like 50

it depends of how it is cutted

(15*3)/2, no?

please, god, let this be bait

It was a board shaped like a ring. To divide it into two you initially need two cuts, so in 10 minutes 5 minutes each, but the next cut will be enough to divide it into 3, so 15 min

on the right example, the blue piece is a piece so there is a total of 4 pieces. Therefore that example is not an answer to the question, which asks for the time to make 3 pieces

nuh uh if you color it blue it's not a piece anymore

Why?

wow op that was very clever and insightful very smart you are correct!

The board is round.

The question says "saw a board INTO two/three pieces" so the right interpretation is wrong

>a few days
Literally how new are you?
This shit is 5+ years old.