Brainlet feels thread

>CS grad
>jobhopper
>110 IQ
>be decent at my job
>$100k a year
>tfw brainlet and wish I could be doing something more intelligent instead
how do I cope with the feeling that I'll never be able to solve gigantic amazing equations and deep complex math theories to solve mankind's biggest questions when instead I'm just basically helping boomers with simple technology and writing books that do simple stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

suckless.org/
garbe.us/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you're king of the brainlets my man. realize many are far worse off than you and would unironically drink jugs of bleach and set themselves on fire to have your life.

like me, an 80 IQ schizo NEET dropout that struggles to shower on a monthly basis.

this thread is better suited for /r9k/ or /adv/ though

suckless.org/
Jgarbe.us/

>make $100k a year
>complain like a bitch
neck yourself and let someone who is less of an ingrate enter the job market, or, y'know, go back to school if you are unfulfilled

I'll never understand what the appeal of being an autistic permavirgin 180 IQ math researcher is. Being a 120 IQ brainlet javascript coder making 150k is so much more appealing.

>t. 90 IQ autistic brainlet permavirgin NEET

welcome to Veeky Forums
IQ is a meme
when someone calls you a "brainlet" they're disagreeing with you

oh come man stop putting yourself down that way. Im sure your a great person in real life. And is that test verified? Or was it some online shit, you know you cant trust these tests

Javascript webdev fucks like you dont deserve 150k

K, explain why you think JavaScript sucks. And I'm talking es6 implementations and up. I'm no expert (well I do get paid), but I'm familiar with both C++ and JS. JS is the perfect tool for the job in terms of webdev, and even then with things like typescript that introduce strong typing, it becomes realistic to use it elsewhere. I bet you just took an intro to JS class and assumed it was a brainlet language. Pro tip, the language you work in doesn't determine wether you're a brainlet or not, it's what you're doing with the language.

1. he didn't say JS sucks
2. there is nothing cool or interesting about JS
3. it's not inherently bad for its purpose, the problem is that most websites load 10MB of JS bullshit for no reason, or use it to do nefarious shit
4. it triggers anyone with a brain to see brainlet web devs making bank doing bullshit

>cs major
>my grades are decent but i have to write everything out to understand
>sometimes i even count on my fingers to keep track
>unable to just do problems in my head bc i don't wish to slip up
yeah, this is a better situation than not being able to do them at all, but i feel dumb.
should i? or am i just overreacting

It's weakly and dynamically typed so easily preventable errors are ubiquitous. Sure you have typescript but then you have to add a fucking build system to the mix for a dynamic language. Have I mentioned the rate of churn on basically everything in the javascript ecosystem? Every fucking thing is deprecated to make way for some marginally better thing until that gets deprecated for some marginally better thing. You know your language is shit when the creator of Node.js and the creator of Express.js themselves have moved on to Go.

As far as frontend, javascript is the best choice only because it's the only fucking option. Can't wait until WASM lands and can actually interact with the fucking DOM so we can begin replacing this clusterfuck of a poorly thought out language.

By the way, how's dealing with async code going for you?

Do you use callbacks? Promises? Generators? Coroutines? Observables? Maybe you use a mix of them, too bad most of the libraries you use won't support everyone of these, you're lucky if they support promises. Speaking of libraries, how bout the fact my node_modules folder is like 10 terabytes if I download 2 libs? How about that every fucking library is a micro library that implements the most basic shit and you need dozens of them strung together to get an actual fucking program, all because javascript doesn't have a standard library. Also it's a security nightmare. Where doesn't javascript suck?

Yeah I use observables/promises. How soon do you think until WASM gets implemented? I've seen it compile from C++, so I've got that going for me.

>he didn't say JS sucks
Yeah I was just looking for an excuse to ramble
>making bank doing bullishit
What do you think webdev is?

>math undergrad
>good grades while most of other students are fucked
>shit life: no friends, no gf (got cucked last time and she and the dude are in the same college as me), no life
>have OCD since childhood
>ugly as shit
I'd trade my GPA for a mildly happy life.

And the cherry at the top: Parents are getting divorced and won't stop fighting, making my winterbreak a living hell.

Javascript is so bad they had to create typescript to keep it relevant with static and OOP.

It's just your way of learning. Do you have ADHD or something like that?

i don't think so.

and there are african children who would want to have your easy life.

> triple uni dropout
>can't commit to anything valuable in my life
>no degree
>landed few well paid jobs
>did most boring IT jobs imaginable
>switching to so called 'data science'
>science
>I R science'n'shit now.
kill me

this is your Veeky Forums guide to IQ and intelligence