SpaceX Just Proved Themselves Hack Frauds

>booster recovery isn't a mem-
kek

Boosters are too expensive to recover so now they're going to ditch them all in the ocean again.
LMAO
Musk memers BTFO
*inhales*

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/IridiumBoss/status/944237612700647424
twitter.com/IridiumBoss/status/944274300730621952
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pol is a few boards to the left

>the anti-musk autist is still at it
Holy fuck, get a hobby. This isn't healthy.

this has nothing to do with /pol/

/pol/ doesn't even think other planets exist

>caring about Elon this much
It fucking reeks of /pol/

>anything I don't like is le pol boogeyman

If you do /pol/ shit, you're gonna get called /pol/. Is that so hard to understand?

define what constitutes pol shit and how OP qualifies.

You can figure out why your bait thread didn't work by yourself.

Dont worry, subsidies will pay forma that shit too.
Nothing about his post has anything to do with pol you moron.

How the fuck is space exploration /pol/-related you dumb shit?

it's done by a liberal so of course the nazi frogs go after him

Jesus you lot are more annoying than any crossover pol users have ever been.

Go to bed, Gary. It's past your bed time.

I am somewhat fascinated by the energy some people put into shitposting.

Muskfanboys are pure cancer, but shit like this just seem like pure waste of calories

Back to /Pol/.

>15 posts
>14 are about /pol/
>now it's 15
I wish hiro would just nuke that board. Burn it all down.

>posting
>on Veeky Forums
back to nazi

Have you considered that it's because of excessive payload mass?

>not understanding the point of a containment board

It's an older, block 3 booster. They've landed 20 first stages already, and they can't store an unlimited number of them. besides that, the earlier block 3 booster was mostly experimental and only good for a couple reflights. The block 5 is coming out in a month or so and it's the final iteration, with a lot of little improvements that make it much more durable and faster to reuse. Besides that, the block 5 has new turbopumps that solve the cracking issues and it's the version that's going to be certified for manned flight, which means it needs to be flown and tested before NASA is satisfied.

TL;DR

This core is old and busted block 3, need to clear out space for block 5 new hotness

Lol SpaceX are a company first and foremost, so when they see that they've built up a surplus of obsolete block 3 Falcon 9's that are taking up their limited storage space, what do they do? Dump them while also getting as much use as possible out of the core, it's the most logical and cost-effective way to get rid of them, in turn making space for the new Block 5 model. Who cares about a little pollution? Obviously some leftist eco-faggots apparently...

Containment boards are only worth it when they contain something.

I'd be ok with it if a person who predominately posts on /pol/ (simple majority or perhaps 50% of posts) had their IP locked to that board and couldn't post anywhere else.

>they are throwing away old stock to be replaced with new stock that is designed better from lessons learned on the old models
>this somehow equates to booster recovery not being viable
Are you retarded or trolling? How, in your fucked up brain, is it even possible for it to be cheaper to throw something away and build a new one, rather than reuse it?
Even if you dont take into account the costs of wages spent to build a whole new booster, the money you save in raw materials alone is pretty absurd. They dont make rockets out of cheap lumber purchased from home depot, we are talking high grade, precision machined, expensive as fuck metals, alloys, and composites. Not to mention the shittons of electronics, sensors, and actuators. You must literally be retarded if you think the cheapest solution is to buy all that and throw it in the ocean.

Thank you for posting this. It may seem odd, but I was struggling with a problem, where a solution that I had found wasn't quite perfect. I was really wondering whether I should've kept working on it until it was the best it could be, but I now realize that even SpaceX iterates through their development stages. They didn't wait until they had a Block Perfect booster. They started with Block 1, and ditched it when their new optimizations allowed them to roll out the Block 2.
I realize that as long as my solution works and is acceptable, I can release it and focus on more important work. Then, from the lessons that I learned working on it, I shall be able to release a v2.

back to /pol you dumb nazi

When did not having limitless faith in Elon Musk suddenly become equivalent to crossboard posting from /pol?

Not understanding that "containtment" doesn't work on cancer
You don't put cancer in a box and then say "problem solved" user.
You have to kill it, not give it a safe place to grow.

It's not old and busted, it's just old. It's not worth the recovery cost to then not actually use the recovered item.

That's it.

Elon musk is a fucking con artist but this is just obviously a bait thread dude.

OBSESSED

>elon musk is a fraud, said increasingly nervous poltard for the sixth time this year

>is it even possible for it to be cheaper to throw something away and build a new one, rather than reuse it?
Yes. Do you recycle your toilet paper? If not why? You could use a cloth over and over and just clean it.

Not well informed on this whole issue. Would it be possible or worthwhile for them to donate or salvage anything from the obsolete rockets?

Do you really have 0 reading comprehension? What are you doing on this board?

>Post defends Elon not reusing rockets
>post also claims he's a con artist

>You respond with a straw man making a claim that the post never made
Nice.

This is what containment looks like. Should we find out what noncontainment looks like?

Yes. /pol should never have been allowed to exist.

You're showing your autism again.

>knowing that a confidence trick is a type of fraud
>"muh pol!!!" shitposting aside, correcting someone's REEEEEE is now autism

Meh, I can live with autism. It can always be worse. Could be a Flathead

I

I would be fine with the chaos if hiro glassed it. I would even welcome it. But he won't, because it is the most heavily trafficked board now, putting even /b/ to shame, and hence the greatest source of ad revenue.

I went in there one time. All i'd seen was "muh /pol" this and that. Made me wonder how bad it could be.

I would rather watch my demented grandfather have a heated argument with Alex Jones before i go back in there.

>/pol/ loves to pretend it knows economics
>also happens to be incapable of recognising the difference between the viability of booster recovery and not recovering as they are replacing it with new technology

I'm sick of this website

>How, in your fucked up brain, is it even possible for it to be cheaper to throw something away and build a new one, rather than reuse it?
Truly masters of economics. They understand why supply side economics hasn't hurt small bussiness and they also understand how tax cuts for the rich are a good thing. If you don't understand you're a cuck.

Donations are surprisingly expensive due to ITAR. They would have to strip everything that could cause a violation and replace it with a mockup, while paying people to do this and paying for storage which is at a premium. As for salvage, they have the newest, finalized version that will replace the entire fleet, so there won't be much worth saving because it's probably inferior or won't fit correctly. And this is all on top of the costs of recovery.

SpaceSEX needs it's own scrapheap now. And metalworks.
Seems legit if they want bigger dildos.

They could donate the money it would cost to recover the system and it would be better for everyone involved.

Whatever makes you sleep at night, pretty sure you weren't even having the same conversation as that dude.

>pretty sure you weren't even having the same conversation as that dude
wat?

The people participating in that conversation seem to not be communicating very well. One of them completely misunderstood the other clearly and kept saying a bunch of retarded shit about /pol.

>get rid of old tech in favor of using new tech
>FRAUD!!!!

lamo /pol/ here fuck elon (((musk))) day of the columbia soon shadilay praise kek
also i hate minorities and women, fuck them, only us straight white makes deserve the bounties of outer space

Nice strawman you got there. Toilet paper is cheaper than dirt. If it cost me several million dollars to wipe my ass, you can bet yours that im reusing that toilet paper. Also, toilet papers usefulness is completely gone once covered in shit. Rockets can, and have, been reused successfully.

>Everything I don't like is /pol/

It's funny how anti-/pol/ posters shit up threads way more than the occasional retard coming in and going

>It's da jooz

It's funny isn't it? It's almost like the boogeyman for some posters of this board, and to think that they're all high IQ individuals, to act like this?
Shameful.

musk is a FRAUD
his tech is nice tho

>pol thread
>get called for polposting
>"you shit up threads!"
Go back to pol, subhuman. Your monkey with chaplin moustache lost because he was an inferior being. Go follow your pathetic "leader" and kill yourselves.

OH NOEZ I HAZ TWO MANNY ROKETZ

I am enjoying the smugness of seeing a ULA shill raging this hard.

Meh, i always knew elon meme was a fraud. After all he's not a scientist nor an engineer, he's just a guy with cash

as always, the
>hurr /pol/
shitposters are much more damaging that anyone shilling /pol/ could be

>It's funny how anti-/pol/ posters shit up threads way more than the occasional retard coming in and going
No, that's just because you're an asshurt kid from /pol/.

wait, can someone tell me why /pol/ is mixed up in anything SpaceX related? Sure, they start foaming at the mouth when the launch-stream features a female presenter, or god forbid SpaceX shows of a female/multisex flight suit, but other than that...what triggers them?

Elon Musk is associated with electric cars/ clean energy, so they invented this alternate reality where he's somehow stealing money from taxpayers and hasn't made reusable rockets or produced electric cars that are actually good. We will have a SpaceX mars colony and they will still be saying he hasn't accomplished anything.

Desch says that they will still attempt a water landing and that it will be streamed twitter.com/IridiumBoss/status/944237612700647424

testing to destruction perhaps? also, the new firing recovery boat is heading out... hope we'll get footage from it too

Wtf am i looking at?
Reminds me of the Glomar Explorer, just tiny and up-side down

Mr Steven, spacex's fairing recovery vessel. The fairings have parachutes that are steerable. Mr Steven is a fast boat. Put those two together (plus some netting across those big arms) and you can catch the fairings before they hit the nasty salt water

Elon Musk is left-wing and based in California so /Pol/ idiots naturally hate him.

He also went against their orange leader's "science team" and that was the last straw - get the lynch mob we got work to do, bob.

He's not left wing at all. He is the textbook definition of an European centrist. He donates to both democrats and republicans and his views fit one party or another depending on the issue at hand. This guy pretty much nailed it, pol hates anything even remotely close to clean energy. I'm surprised they aren't offering free blowjobs to big oil CEOs.

given his background, I'm pretty sure he hates niggers.

the madman

He also dated a woman, so that might trigger them even more.

water landing is in quotes
just means they are tracking the 1st stage as it cannon balls

It still has grid fins; it can land just fine. No landing legs tho, so it'll just fall over in the water

You two are retarded.

From what I understand from your pic, they have SO MANY boosters lying around from being able to recover them all that they have the FREEDOM to dump old boosters in the ocean to make room for all the new boosters. OP is a dummy

If they aren't attempting Reuse why would they waste the fuel to decelerate/land

twitter.com/IridiumBoss/status/944274300730621952

>waste fuel
>on a stage that will be destroyed anyways
wat? this isn't a GEO mission where you can reduce the travel time for the payload... the 10 sats are going to get in their proper orbit either way

Has a launch date been announced yet?

7 weeks