Why do you weebs care about incoherent cranks like mochizuki while my boy scholze is revolutionizing number theory?

Why do you weebs care about incoherent cranks like mochizuki while my boy scholze is revolutionizing number theory?

Other urls found in this thread:

math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=9871
galoisrepresentations.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/the-abc-conjecture-has-still-not-been-proved/
kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~gokun/DOCUMENTS/abc2017Dec18.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>As a student, he participated in the International Mathematics Olympiad, winning three gold medals and one silver medal.[7]
>one silver medal

brainlet

He's only "incoherent" because you're too lazy to put the effort in

The experts agree with me: >math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=9871
>galoisrepresentations.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/the-abc-conjecture-has-still-not-been-proved/

I don’t give a shit about this soyboy but I definitely don’t care about le ABC man either

>appeal to authority

I guess just go back to >>>/anyotherboard/ then

Fuck off brainlet, this is a Wiles board.

>The experts agree with me
>Woit: theoretical physicist
>Calegari: relies on second-hand accounts, doesn't seem to have put effort into understanding the papers "Each time I hear of an analysis of Mochizuki’s papers by an expert..."
You were saying?

If Mochizuki is an incoherent crank, then what has Yamashita written in his exposition of the proof?

kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~gokun/DOCUMENTS/abc2017Dec18.pdf

You know who else was an "incoherent crank"?

appeal to authority isn't actually a fallacy, user

inappropriate appeal to authority is.

it is a weak argument though

>fallacy
Smells like teen spirit.
Informal fallacies are just that, informal. They neither prove nor disprove anything. They are at best heuristics for detecting bullshit in prose arguments.

shitty band, shitty post

Appeal to authority is only bullshit under certain circumstances grungebro.

He is cute!

If those two are "experts" then why do neither of them actually talk about the contents of the papers at all in either of those blog posts?

Gibberish. He's just trying to cover his co-national's back. Asian collectivism and all that.

That’s what I said you retarded nigger

>nigger
Why the racism?

Can anyone summarize some of his results for an idiot? Like his idea of perfectoid cases helped with this so called weight monodromy conjecture or whatever its called? I mean I've looked at wikipedia and basically read jibberish and it was cool but yeah didn't get much on that pass through.

what a cute little twink

Not just co-nationals, yamashita is in mochizuki's inner circle at kyoto university.

>woit
>>>>>>>>expert

If you don't know any of the background about number theory, I don't know why you expect to understand cutting edge research.

I saw that breaddit thread too friend. :)