Opinions?

Opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

bookzz.org/md5/4BDA0B71A0516283DE781A541C5D1D4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Put me to sleep with the one guy talking about bs all the time so I dropped it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

thought it was a cool idea when i had just heard about it years before reading

after reading it... it was alright, didnt do as much with the concept like i thought it would

fun ideas/gimmicks worth a read. definitely not worth all the hype/love it gets.

Is it worth reading a potentially botched version on an ereader, or need I a paper copy?

Paper, for the love of god paper.

read The Tunnel instead

The Navidson Record, the narrative that comprises most of the book, is legitimately very creepy and effective, but I didn't really care about the meta-narrative about the degenerate's life falling apart. The gimmicky stuff is going to be a turn-off for some people, but I didn't mind it. Physical media is often an after thought these days, so I liked that there was incentive to get the actual book for the full experience.

Overall there's an excellent horror story in there that makes it worthwhile if you can get past the bullshit

why? what is it?

don't spend money on an ereader version

Why not?

Some more muh word art with better prose and a despicable college professor with an interest in hitler

I got to the point where I just kept skipping to the next part about the house. The book as a whole interesting at first, but quickly grows tiresome.

I guess originally it was a bunch of hyperlinked pages, so maybe it would have worked better electronically than it does on the page.

I was under the impression that that explanation about the book being a website first was fake.

Also OP, I enjoyed it but like many others in the thread I found Johnny's sections to be tiresome. The Navidson Record and parts of Zampano's commentary were excellent.

Unironically one of my favorite books and the only one that has ever legitimately spooked me. Johnny Truant's passages are fucking unreadable, but the Navidson Record is stellar.

It wouldn't be readable.

There would have to be an ereader the same size and shape as the original paperback, which was not a standard size. Even then it wouldn't be a very enjoyable experience.

I liked it when I read it but in retrospect it was gimmicky.

I enjoyed it.

Johnny's story was much more enjoyable than all of you are letting it on to be. The big twist at the end involving how his story was already in book form was a huge mindfuck. His mother's story is underrated as well.

I liked how there was a lot of depth to the interlinking stories of zampano, truant, and his mother that could be overlooked, but really the author could've toned down the palahniuk style that all of Johnny's sections had, it got pretty cringe worthy at some points

bookzz.org/md5/4BDA0B71A0516283DE781A541C5D1D4A