In the future of this hyperthectical scenario...

In the future of this hyperthectical scenario, transgender women as in male-to-female finally have reproductive systems that matches those of their cisgendered female counterparts. Now let us say that this technology has just came out so transgender individuals still seek out sperm preservation for security of biological children. Now what happens if a transgender woman with a newly fully functional no bug reproduction system were to impregnate themselves with their own sperm?

Pic is unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1534765610395614
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2010.01781.x/full
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00224499709551885
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4261554/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4822482/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You'd get something quite fucked up, as homozygosity would be prevalent in many genes which you don't want homozygosity in.

u wanat a babby in ur butt?

You'd get a clone of yourself assuming no nondisjunction or rare mutation occurs.

That's wrong though, which allele you get from each parent is random, so you don't get a clone even if the parents are clones. For example, if both parents are Hh then it is possible for the child to be HH or hh, which means it's not a clone of the parents. This is why inbreeding is bad, because it increases the chance of recessive homozygosity.

The gametes will still be fucked up. You can't form a zygote.

Things to consider
>Methylation
>Imprinting
>Developmental points
>Transcription factors
>Maternal mRNA
>Mitochondrial DNA

oh right, it could be a clone though
if all your chromosomes are the same

>fully functional no bug reproduction system

You mean she has eggs now and female DNA? Hm it would be like brother sister inbreeding. The gametes would be different so it wouldn't be straight clones.

it'd be like twins inbreeding but they have different sex chromosomes

I totally forgot about independent assortment. I'm too much of a casual man.

>transgender
>"woman"
>MtF
>unironically saying "cisgendered"
I'm gonna have to stop you right there OP

mtf are men with a mental illness senpai

mtfs are men with a mental illness senpai

a mtf is a man with a mental illness senpai

a trans woman is a man with a mental illness senpai

trans woman != woman

why have you saved so many pictures of men in wigs are you gay or something?

unironically yes

She's really cute...

Still false, because recombination always occurs.

doesn't matter if they're all the same, it's like shuffling a deck of all the same cards

He*

He is really cute...

No way a boy could be that cute.

That person has Y chromosomes

What's your point?

Y chromosomes = man

Says who?

Everybody with a sound mind and who can function in society, unlike you

Why so mean-spirited?

Science

Biology

That analogy only applies if your genetic code is literally all one base pair and nothing else
stop posting you clearly have no education
nor brain for that matter

no, just ignore sex chromosomes
you have 46 chromosomes, two pairs of 23 chromosomes
gametes are haploid (23 chromosomes)
when they fuse you get 46 again
independent assortment says the chromosome taken from each pair of chromosomes in the parent is randomly chosen
So if both parents have the same chromosomes (besides sex chromosomes) and each chromosome in every pair of chromosomes in each parent are identical then it doesn't matter which chromosome is picked in independent assortment, they're all the same

Will not happen. What defines whether your male or female is your 23rd set of chromosomes. Every single somatic cell in your body has the same genetic material, though not all of it is expressed. Your first chromosome is always an X chromosome which is much larger than the Y chromosome and they have different genes of course. To fit your scenario you would have to completely change the DNA of the person. Simply having the organ would result in a child that could not be matched to you with a simple DNA test. TL;DR XX=/=XY

You're going to have to excuse me as I'm shit-faced and I just read what I posted and it sounds like shit. If you have a a man, XY, that goes to XX. Every single cell would have to be replaced, I could stop that argument there since that's pretty far fetched. The question that still needs to be answered is where you get the second X chromosome? The X and Y chromosome are very different in terms of length and content. Well lets say you were for some reason able to just copy your X chromosome, reality it wouldn't work. Now you introduce your former sperm containing your X chromosome and your former Y chromosome. Any error aside, a female offspring would be a clone of you after your transition. A male would be a clone of you before your transition. Apply the likely errors and you're probably not going to get a kid period due to duplicate or missing chromosomes.

Why are people not concerned about the ethics regarding this? Absolutely disgusting that humans have come this far just to fucking try this dumb shit that improves the lives of no one and has no meaning in the world. The dreams and grandeur of humanity are being displaced with this idiotic nonsense that is to no benefit of anyone. Doctors who participate in this should be very ashamed of themselves... you know instead of performing a transplant for someone who is mentally ill they could instead be diagnosing someone with a terminal illness, but of course not a lot of people really care. I wonder if this is what they mean by devolution?

Veeky Forums is an anti-transphobic board, get the fuck out.

Absurd, this is like saying that Veeky Forums is blue. Engineers are a minority.

Veeky Forums is a board for science

Saying that a mtf is a woman is not science.

no this is a scientific and mathematical literacy board. lying for a political agenda is viciously punished on this board

I'm surprised you faggots are even arguing about this speculation. I came back to see if this thread 404'd and yet here it is with a ton of replies. This is literally a note that this could be used as good bait in the future. I still enjoyed the discussion from the scientific viewpoint so thank you for that.

>that improves the lives of no one and has no meaning in the world
It improves the lives of those diagnosed with gender dysphoria. I'm sure it has meaning for them. :'-)
>you know instead of performing a transplant for someone who is mentally ill they could instead be diagnosing someone with a terminal illness
Implying that they don't. Why not do both? You are aware that most of the time the medical system in America is screwed up for both ends.

>Saying that a mtf is a woman is not science.
Psychology is still a science that utilizes the practices of the scientific method. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not an evidence-based and science-based field.

Gender dysphoria isn't a political agenda, mate, you're thinking of those who are trying to encourage acceptance that would be the political agenda. It's more like a fight for civil rights to a lesser extend. By the way, they're winning. Remember that the next time you walk into a store and see an All Gender restroom.

This was samefag.

a man with gender dysphoria is not a woman
It is a man with a mental illness
Preech all you want about acceptance people of science may say that a mtf is a woman to be polite but they all know a trans woman is a man and a trans man is a woman

Also of course it was a samefag, thats obvious by the photo names and the text

If I am reading this thread correctly. The results from such a pregnancy would either be.

A) The child is a clone of its parent.
B) It would have the same result as brother / sister incest.

How would we even know if anything happens at all? Thus adding an option C to this equation.

But what is a man and what is a woman? You want to get philosophical then let's get philosophical.

Gender dysphoria isn't a mental illness, it's a mental disorder, learn the difference. You're on a science board.

There is no need to get philosophical

Penis = man
Vagina = woman

That's biological sex not societal gender.

societal gender doesn't exist

A mtf is biologically make ergo I will refer to them as one.

Their feelings getting hurt isn't going to affect whether I use facts or not.

>It improves the lives of those diagnosed with gender dysphoria.
[citation needed]

I can see how dressing the way they prefer and being allowed to express themselves can help but am skeptical mutilating their genitals, turning them inside out and making them dependent on artificial hormones improves their lives. AFAIK it doesn't improve their suicide rate.

It is 40% both before and after transition.

And you based this information on what exactly?

Here's a better question:

Would you be against marrying and having kids with a trans woman once this tech comes to fruition? Why or why not, Veeky Forums?

Looks like a girl to me.

In a future with that type of technology, why haven't we found out all the SNPs linked to transgenderism and simply aborted all fetuses that appear to have too many of them?

Now i ain't a biologist but you dont need a biologist to tell you that the embryo formed (IF it is formed in the first place) is gonna be a fucked up one

I would become a tranny if this were true just to fulfill my narcissistic fantasy of creating a new ME into the world. Also in the sense of being able to live in the world twice or more if my clone decides to re-do it.

Because that would be murder, Anonymous. :'-)

Good luck with trying to get hormones from a medical practitioner with those reasons. They don't just prescribe them to anybody. Also, enjoy your gender dysphoria if you don't actually want to be female. It goes both ways.

Can you go a bit deeper on some of those points?

In both gametogeneses a 2n cell is split into two 1n cells. Let’s say aa codes for being a faggot because being a faggot is recessive to not. In the human population, the a allele is fairly rare. That means for a faggot to come about, both parents must carry the allele. Now remember the shit ton of base pairs of DNA we have in our genomes. Out of all of these we likely have detrimental genes that are suppressed by a dominant allele (Aa). When someone ‘has sex with themself’, that drastically increases the chance of these uncommon recessive alleles coking together in the offspring to give some retarded-ass phenotypes.

Doesn’t the Y chromosome only code for male sex characteristics though? Assuming it’s possible to edit every cell, taking out the Y chromosome and replacing it with a copy of the already present X chromosome would yield a fairly viable female right? The only problem I’d imagine would be heterozygosity after the theoretical sex change.

>posting someone who has only been transitioning for four months as an example of an mtf
Sad!

looking like a girl != biologically being a girl

length of transition is irrelevant.

Hontapoints is not a woman.(S)He is a man

It's okay to let out your feelings, Anonyman.

What information are you talking about? The burden of proof is on you if you want me to believe slicing someone's penis in half down the middle turning it inside out and placing it inside a gash wound in your crotch that you have to dildo daily to keep from healing can improve ANYONE'S mental health let alone statistically improves transgenders mental health.

/thread
Well said, user

There are plenty of studies and psychological evidence freely available on the internet that is in favor of gender dysphoria. The burden of proof is on you since you're the one making the arguments that it doesn't. It's irrelevant to argue this since you failed to present an argument regardless of this 'burden of proof' shit you keep trying to fall back on because you know you have little to back yourself up. You have a lot to learn about arguing.

This is just one such example of something that can be dug up from the infinite resource known as Google. Give it a try sometime.

scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/

Obvious samefag is obvious.

>condescending quip about using google
>sources an opinion piece
nice

How about I fucking do your work for you

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1534765610395614
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2010.01781.x/full
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00224499709551885

>samefag is obvious
Is the idea of multiple people disagreeing with your point of view traumatic to you?

>There are plenty of studies and psychological evidence freely available on the internet that is in favor of gender dysphoria
Great, maybe I would look into that if I was denying gender dysphoria exists. The only thing I'm denying is that I don't think genital mutilation is a good treatment for the mental disorder that is gender dysphoria. I think that it would be beneficial to transgender people to NOT fuck up their genitals and instead try other treatments. I think it's fucked up we encourage them to cut their dicks off and put a permanent never healing wound in their crotch to simulate a vagina.

>regardless of this 'burden of proof' shit you keep trying to fall back on because you know you have little to back yourself up. You have a lot to learn about arguing.
You come off as either a woman or a castrated male to me. Because those are the only 2 groups of people who I've heard say shit this retarded on the internet. Am I right or am I wrong?

this user pretty much sums it up
thread over, delet

Nice trollpost.

I still don't see any citations.

Nice samefag.

Nice samefag

This user forgot to take his medication.

You forgot to take your daily dosage of cock, user.

>I still don't see any citations.
Alright here are a few:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4261554/
>85.4% saw themselves as women. 61.2% were satisfied
>These findings must be interpreted with caution, however, because fewer than half of the questionnaires were returned.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4822482/
>Despite the young average age at death and the relatively larger number of individuals with somatic morbidity, the present study design does not allow for determination of casual relations between, for example, specific types of hormonal or surgical treatment received and somatic morbidity and mortality.
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885
>Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism

Just picked the first ones that popped up on google, to find I searched "site:.gov sexual reassignment surgery studies" and clicked all the ones on the first page. I wasn't able to find any that I found convincing or positive. And most of what I found I closed because it wasn't related to mental health but physical surgery outcomes.

So please show me the "plenty of studies and psychological evidence freely available" in favor of your argument. And don't cite scientificamerican this time.

Bump before this thread dies. Want to see if anyone has the supposedly numerous studies which show improvement of mental state upon mtf reassignment surgery.

Because I haven't seen any. But remember you're a bigot if you don't support encouraging someone to slice their genitals apart as a treatment instead of literally anything else. Guess you're also a bigot if you don't think we should encourage suicidal people to euthanize themselves.

How did you read that post as suggesting that gender dysphoria doesn't exist? It might be better to argue the benefits of reassignment surgery, rather than strawmanning someone that doesn't agree with you

You are wrong.
Ever heard of meiosis?

Fuck that, go back to plebbit you cumbeard faggot