Reading Stirner destroyed my life, fuck you Veeky Forums

Reading Stirner destroyed my life, fuck you Veeky Forums

Why?

read some max scheler and rejoice.

>take LSD
>reach the same conclusions in a few seconds

I honestly don't get how so many people get spiritual after taking LSD. To me it was the ultimate nihilism-bomb, it just blowed all the bridges that linked me to humanity.

>words ruined my life

You are weak.

same to me
but i felt like I'm the ubermensch for the next two weeks

And what did you do with that feeling?

Masurbated

Include me in the screenshot

I went in a 2 year lsd binge, blew through 100 tabs in that time.
The only thing i learned from it was that my dick hurts on acid and it made me stop giving a damn about peoples opinions, although in a way it did make me more confident

I find the concepts freeing

>life ruined by anything else than words

Do you even the literary lifestyle bro?

I'm a student, so I continued to live and study as I was before, but everything I did felt like intended by myself, life was not merely passing by. And as I was talking to strangers I lost all my anxiety, much easier talking to women tho

I get it, one of the strongest impressions I've got from LSD is that there are very few things that you can learn from it (in a very profound, personal way), and that after that it's just entertainment, or, at best, a contemplative tool (which means that the more you don't use it the more it gets useful).
Also those few truths you may get from LSD are obtainable through other means, but it takes way more time to fully internalize them. How many high schoolers have studied certain Descartes' skeptical lines of thought without being crushed by the doubt of their own senses? It's easy to memorize this concept, it's much harder to grasp the horror that lays behind it.
But after you'll notice that what you're seeing on LSD is not real, and that it just took a chemical to completely fuck up your senses, that puts you in a new realm of skepticism that will bring you to doubt even the fact that you've got a brain and that it's a chemical the thing that is altering what you're seeing, which may be false anyway.
It's a great pathaway for some of the most basic questions of philosophy, but it's not enough to make you knowledgeable about them, nor it is enough for you to form an actual, solid opinion on them. It's just a little push, the rest is on you.

As far as I'm concerned, it just made me realize our perception of the world is limited by the physicality of our brains, and therefore fundamentally flawed and imperfect, whenever you are a healthy normie or a schizophrenic bum in the midst of a psychotic breakdown.
Now I have a useless degree in cognitive science. Thanks LSD.

This is exactly what it was like, ill be honest with people who want to try it, its way better as a small party drug than as a journey across the cosmos type of thing, by far the best trips i ever had involved one more person, dank meme compilation videos, and peter Gabriels steam music video

You're missing big opportunities here my friend.

Listen to classical music, look at paintings on the internet, read poetry. LSD is the best gateway there is to high arts.
To trigger this appreciation you need to be in a mood in which you're prone to both trust and analyze what you're seeing/reading/listening to, and LSD puts you exactly in that mindset: listen to Bach once on acid and you will keep listening to him for the rest of your life. That's maybe the greatest use there is for LSD, at least in my opinion.

I agree on this one absolutely, if you do nothing with the "magical" experience of losing your usual senses, the throwback to nothingness and beyond, you fall back into your older habits in no time.
Psychedelic drugs have the power to cure depressive episodes, you just have to change steadily after the trip, not believing it was the whole step you have to take. I learned it the hard way by myself.

That's the same way I feel now that I'm on gabapentin, precisely after being involved in a car accident. I decided to finally become a butcher, started talking a lot to other people even about my own feelings, painted my room etc. It's great really. I don't want to do anything that's pointless. Even reading good threads on Veeky Forums makes me feel better.

Life is what you make of it and believe it to be

You probably had underlying nihilistic beliefs and thought patterns

Same with me, LSD amplifies the mind and our personalities.

I don't see why Stirner is even considered a philosopher. It's the rational outcome of denying God.

i already unironically listen to classical music, and i hve tripped on cid by mysel in the 2 years i did it non stop, nature, art, music, it was all real nice and it did give me a better appreciation for the physical world however i detived the most memorable experiences when i was with someone else and enjoyed everything around us

>Letting others dictate your self-worth
Challenge your perceptions, plebian

>read stirner
>lose interest in nietzsche since he's just purple stirner

Isn't that kind of obvious? The limitations of perception and the human mind are like philosophy 101

Art that connects with me already gets me into a contemplative state, or transcendent for the most profound stuff. Is LSD just if you find it hard to appreciate art?

Yeah this is why I avoid psychedelics. So many people report having a terrible time post-trip in general life.

The whole hippy drug revolution was a huge mistake imho

>Is LSD just if you find it hard to appreciate art?

Take someone who has never listened to classical music and force him to listen to Bach's Art of Fugue. Chances are that he won't get immediatly ecstatic, since the work may be a bit too complex for him, and maybe he is asking himself too many of the wrong questions.
This is what could happen, instant perfect appreciation could also happen. It's up to the individual, and people who may otherwise love infinitely higher arts simply may never have that moment in which they ''get'' it for the first time.

LSD destroys this barrier. You will get it, and not in a way that will spoil your appreciation. It's a great starting point if you never managed to get into painting/classical music/poetry/whatever appreciation. You simply can't not get it.

I'm glad that you managed to get into it on your own, but by looking at the state of /mu/, for example, I would say that most people never had that moment, and in fact are simply incapable of understanding why would anyone be interested in listening classical music, while still being smart enough to get it.

Stirner is a spook, you're literally getting spooked by the begone-spook-man

Reading this made me feel physically ill

It's similar on all the art-related boards, there's a lot of fear about what's the "right" way to read, listen to music, watch films, etc. Probably because Veeky Forums attracts anxious and depressed people. I can see what you mean about some people having a barrier. So if LSD can help with that, that's pretty cool.

I've never taken drugs aside from alcohol, but I get a genuine high from some beautiful art or music. Some religious people have said spiritual experiences are more powerful than any hallucinogen, and I can believe that. Just my limited experience with samatha meditation has been pretty impactful, and visiting churches and religious spaces can create a very pleasant, calm state of mind, even though I don't believe. It all makes me think that the human mind is incredibly powerful and plastic by itself. You can understand how so many people think it comes from God, or the Dharma, or whatever. We don't give enough credit to our own minds.

I was 17 at the time and hadn't read many books like today, I don't know what I'm doing on this board.
It's impressing that Kant understood all of this during the 18th-century. I should listen to podcasts talking about him

What I'm really impressed by is that guys like Xenophanes had an intuitive understand of it around 500 BC, even if they couldn't explain it systematically.

Fragment 34
>And as for certain truth, no man has seen it, nor will there ever be a man who knows about the gods and about all the things I mention. For if he succeeds to the full in saying what is completely true, he himself is nevertheless unaware of it; and Opinion (seeming) is fixed by fate upon all things.

Fragment 35
>Let these things be stated as conjectural only, similar to the reality.

Sounds like a good thing to me. What good is an identity that can be destroyed by simple philosophy like Stirner?

I say congratulate yourself for you have made progress.

Why? I mean Stirner's useful to show how retarded and harmful anarchism is, but beyond that there's little of value there

>t. non-reader

Come on, Stirner is absolute shit tier