Time Skip

Does anyone recall an event during the summer within the last 20 years where the world had to skip ahead in time by a few months because of seasonal changes or did I imagine it?

yes i do remember

Yes.

No

No, you can't remember that summer because you are repressing the traumatic experience of being sodomized by a camp instructor at summer camp.

something of the sort, yeah

No, you can't remember that summer because you are repressing the traumatic experience of being sodomized by a camp instructor at summer camp.

Yes. Thats what started the whole global warming talk.

Mandela Effect?

>implying
Nope, recall it being a thing while I was at home

no just a honneypot

No
>did I imagine it
Yes
probably more your speed buddy

The Mandela Effect is the least real thing that was ever given an official name

It's a real psychological effect.

god i love oracle of seasons (and ages, ages was better)

The Œdipus complex.

While you are right, no psychologist would ever call it by that name. Well no psychologist with a semblance of self respect. It's how if people are asked which one is more to the West, the capital of Chile or Miami, most people will say the capital of Chile, and then they will be given a map and they will see that Miami is further to the West. It has to do with your mind filling in the gaps of things you don't know and your brain making you more confident than you should be about that knowledge. Your mind fill in the gaps and you think you know it, but you don't. But you were so deeply convinced of the truth of your knowledge, than you'll rather doubt the real life proofs than your brain.
Add that effect to an echo chamber like the internet, and NEETs will give it a name and start thinking there's a conspiracy in reality itself.

I don't remember this, which summer did this happen?

Ya got me there, fuckin freud
This thread is now the least-legitimate psychological phenomenon to be named

I don't remember specifically but I'm thinking sometime between 1996 and 2003

I had forgotten about that but thanks for reminding me

It's Reading Steiner! the timeline has been changed!