Fields medal with low IQ

Is it possible for me to win a Fields medal when my IQ is

Other urls found in this thread:

eideneurolearningblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/getting-all-as-but-flunking-life-iq.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: blogspot/hyhm (Eide Neurolearning Blog)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Robinson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you can't figure this out, you have no hope for that.

About as possible as winning the olympic 100m by being extremely dedicated and motivated

We have this thread every day

No

HAHAHAHAHAH
Literally no chance of winning

just complain about field medal being given only to high IQ people. Claim that it's discrimination.

they can give it to you for shutting you up, or at worse you get a nobel peace prize.

Jesus christ how fucking autistic are you. Get the fuck back to /pol/ faggot
>MUH SJWWWWSSSS

What if getting to the point where you have a possibility of getting a fields medal would make your IQ above 120? There is really nothing special in an IQ test, it's all just abstract reasoning puzzles. If you get to the point where you are in grad school and doing upper level graduate mathematics then chances are your iq is above 120 or at 120. A lot of fags are gonna REEEEE at me now, but when you do math all you are doing is implicitly doing iq tests because you are doing symbolic logic reasoning.

Also high IQ is not enough to win the fields medal, you also have to be creative enough to come up with unorthodox insights.

eideneurolearningblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/getting-all-as-but-flunking-life-iq.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: blogspot/hyhm (Eide Neurolearning Blog)

Why don't you try and find out? Nothing to lose really, and along the way you might do something good regardless

beyond that, you have to be really lucky. there are so mathematicians that are both supremely talented and dedicated but that don't win the fields because they're not in the right field at the right time

/thread

why don't you get your undergrad done before you worry about getting your fields medal

if you want to function highly in an academic environment, you have to shelve concerns about potential. You can't get distracted by insecurity every time you get stuck on a tricky problem/concept.

All you can do is focus more or less, work harder or less hard: your gifts or lack thereof are inscribed in stone. You can do nothing about them. You cannot even know what your limitations or potentials are yet.

Focus. Work. Stop getting hung up on competition/ego/insecurity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Robinson
Didn't get a Fields medal but got her PhD under 30. Imagine what you can do with an SD or so above her.

Her IQ was 98 by the way.

I might add that very much is about dealing with frustration, too. Know too many intelligent people who immediately give up after the first difficulties...
But even professional mathematicians have to deal with months of going into the wrong direction.

>he fell for the iq meme

No, it is not possible. You can be an accountant or an high school teacher though. Just don't set unattainable dreams.

This DESU. Getting to the point of trying to get a fields medal requires you to really get past the insecurity stage. It's kind of like playing in the NFL, if you play like an insecure sissy then you will never make it to the super bowl.

Much like how being of average, or even only above average in athletic potential is enough to ensure you will never make to the NFL, simply because too many exceptional athletes are competing for your position with just as much if not more effort.

Yeah but if you never play football you're not going to the NFL period. Even if you you got what takes to be the next Tom Brady. So basically just try.

This could really apply to any faucet of life, if you play like a bitch then you aren't going to make it very far. If you are always gonna listen to those voices in your head saying "Your genes aren't good, your face isn't good, your brain isn't good, your legs aren't good" then you are not going to get anywhere. You are given what you got, try to prefect it. This is why I think people who obsesses over their individual IQ are most likely in the same camp as people who obsesses over their looks(incels).

If only there was a test to measure Athletic Quotient...

too bad there isn't

No. And why on earth would you want to waste years of your youth dedicated to some medal that an autistic math is better deserving of anyway.

It's amazing how insecure you all are. I tested in "very gifted" range as a child and have coasted to success without an advanced degree. Only an idiot would sacrifice their life to hard science. Go get laid, travel, have kids. Find the highest paying, easiest job you can do.

You majored in math? Grad school? Lol..F

what a waste

> Yes Goy. Be a degenerate, don't sacrifice yourself for higher ideals.

If it makes you happy... But fighting to do what you live usually ends up in disappointment. Real joy is a happy life and family.

Second warning is not to let you self esteem ride on your intelligence alone, it doesn't end well for those guys

>you die
>your family dies
it's like you never existed

>> Yes Goy. Be a degenerate, don't sacrifice yourself for higher ideals.
Hi /pol/... How many kids you got bro? None? If you're as smart as you say I hope you have at least three. Easier than getting tenure... Probably more effective than chasing some horseshit journal nobody reads

You think life makes it off of Earth? Debatable. Debatable.

And I mean, how many scientists do you think the average person can name? Nobody will remember. And if they do remember, will they care? After CRISPR brains start bumping up elite IQ numbers... I'd be surprised

If you're on Veeky Forums you're neither motivated nor dedicated.

...Shit.

Yeah, sure why not, hard, but why not.
spook

>come up with unorthodox insights.

That's literally what having a high IQ is all about: coming up with clever novel solutions and approaches to things.

>yfw you realize intelligence and creativity are the same thing

having famous results is a combination of many factors:
First, you must work in popular and respected area. To do this, you need good environment: famous advisor, research partners and prestigious university; you need high mathematical skills in your field and probably some connected fields; lots of hard work, determination and luck.