What's your lab like?

What's your lab like?
Who are the people in it?

my fat neckbeard friend and 2 girls that have a crush on me but i'm not interested
>physics
currently working on resistance of metals to fatigue failure and deformation during two frequency loading

>2 girls that have a crush on me but i'm not interested
Sure stud

>weird one that attends lab but doesn't present any data
>autistic one that asks a million non-questions, imitates the PI, and gets confrontational if you choose to move on instead of dwelling on her pointless nitpicks
>the one who came straight out of undergrad and is always nervous and scared
>refugee from another lab that works on projects totally separate from anything by the rest of the lab
>guy who does one study over and over and somehow gets huge social media response from it
>elder god guy with 17 publications, 3 grants, and a teaching award in his 4th year

>free space: absentee PI

You just described every lab ever.

In a closed system like academia, it is very common for people to just fall for whoever is right next to them. That is why you always see university professors marrying university professors, sometimes literally in the same field.

This is amplified when it comes to girls as women have a psychological need to always be with a man (evolutionary, this was obviously for protection and company in our caveman days) so women literally fall in love with anyone above a 7/10.

>Asian international TA that no one can understand
>That one girl who you catch mirin you from across the room at every lab for the whole semester.
>A lab partner who works well with you and becomes a good friend for life.
>A lab partner who does jack shit, complains about everything, whos only purpose for coming to Uni is to get drunk and railed every Thursday and Friday night and is the first one to leave the lab.
>That one girl who asks the TA questions at every step of the procedure.

Welcome to first year science.

>>That one girl who you catch mirin you from across the room at every lab for the whole semester.

Scientifically speaking, why haven't you pumped a load of cum down this girl's throat?

She probably has a bigger dick than me thats why.

3 grad students, soon to be 2, and a lab manager with a power complex. The girl about to graduate is nice, the other guy is a shithead that spends all day on discord and reddit.
PI is a dick, we've had 5 people leave in the last 2 years. Every time it happens he gives me a pep talk about how good I'm doing so I don't leave, then goes back to calling me a moron.

>PI is a dick, we've had 5 people leave in the last 2 years
holy shit huge indicator that's a shitty lab.

I think he's retiring if I graduate. He didn't even show up to his seminar to recruit first years so we're not getting anyone new.

>Getting embroiled in workplace dramas for the sake of a quick nut
You outgrow this shit sooner or later trust me

>Not wanting to cover the lips she uses to kiss her dad with your cum

Gay.

god damn undergrads are so horny.

Hey, first time in my life I'm surrounded by sluts. Back in high school only like 10% of girls were down to just fuck, while the rest still only fucked their 6 months boyfriend or still said "I'm waiting for marriage because JEEEESUUUUUUUUUUS" (even though all those christian girls 100% got drugged and raped in the first party they attended in college) so it wasn't that easy to just find a chick who would swallow your cum.

But now everyone is a slut! Every girl gets raped in the first 2 months they are in college and after that they stop caring, their virginity, pride and honor is already long gone. And I like to see little white girl's faces covered in my jizz.

once you lose your virginity im sure your sexuality wont be your biggest talking point.

Its from all they soy from the food they serve at the cafeteria.

They eventually develop standerds by 3rd year and relize that going after any hole possible for a quick nut doesnt make you more of a man and not worth the hassle

What do if no longer interested in my lab but it's still the closest thing to what I want to do postgraduate?

Inb4 kys

Go to a new, better lab. If you're American try leaving your goddamn country, it seems not a single one of them wants to do postdocs overseas.

or kys

All chads who have no clue what they are doing to be honest

That's some 7/10 evo psych bs you got there.

I wish I was working in a lab. I'm too scared to ask because I suck, I'm too stupid. Idk even know if I could juggle it with the rest of my life.

Haven't posted here, but I'm a burger and am actually interested in going to grad school in Japan. (Has a pretty big biotech industry there). I'd like to use it as an excuse to be a weeb, but will it turn out badly for me?

¿Do you speak Japanese? Be honest with yourself. If the answer is no you are in for a bad time.

I'm learning, would be nice if I had someone to practice with though.

>Pchem
PI is batshit crazy, but the kind of batshit that actually has good ideas, even if he is pretty spastic about actually implementing them. Had a bad run of previous students being fuckwits, so he's pretty picky about new members now.
One senior grad student, three intermediates, and myself an another (relatively) junior PhD students. Mostly normal, if a bit autistic, except for the one dude we spend half the time wanting to axe-murder because he has to get in a word edgewise every fucking time.

>PI is batshit crazy, but the kind of batshit that actually has good ideas
Same here, plus he is the Stephen King of grantwriters, so we are flush with money.

>PI is a drunk
>Suddenly switches on and becomes incredibly competent, busting out grants and experiment ideas
>Goes back to buying us beers

Sounds like a perfect pi

>PhD student #1 She makes the best cakes and cookies, very nice
Is managing the lab (with 4 research groups) because there is no lab manager
>Still does mountains of research work
>is always on top of everything (I and PhD student 2,3 believe she is some kind of god)

>PhD student #2 Makes sarcastic jokes vapes and is overall a kewl guy is doing multiple projects
>PhD student #3 same as 2 but doesn't vape, I don't actually know what he does
>PhD Student #4 quiet guy, spends 90% of his time in the cold room

>Me, the scared clumsy,moron...but at least I am helpful

Honestly I'm extremely lucky, there's only 2 students in the lab at a time and we can get 1hr+ meetings daily if we want for help.

Also high chance of first author nature paper in my first yr of phd