MCAT

One month until I take the MCAT and this what i got on a kaplan practice test, how doomed am I

If you're white or Asian, you are screwed.

If you are black, you are okay.

These scores are awful

Kaplan, as well as TPR and some other prep companies are known to deflate scores. That being said this still doesnt look good. Did you do the official aamc exams?

No i plan on doing the three kaplan tests i have available before doing the aamc ones

Is there anywhere with a free MCAT that is accurate? I'd like to take one for shits.

aamc has two free ones

they take 7 hours to do so have fun

How different is the MCAT these days? I took it back in 2013 and I got a 29/45 I think, which while not a horrible score, wasn't very good. I eventually just gave up because I didn't get accepted to med school anyways.

Stop posting on Veeky Forums and get your shit together. Do you want to be a doctor or not.

DO NOT FUCKING TAKE A REAL AAMC TEST UNTIL YOU ARE READy

THEY EXACTLY SIMULATE THE REAL TEST

SO, YOU SHOULD ONLY TAKE IT AFTER STUDYING HARD

DO NOT WASTE THEM. THEY ARE LITERAL GOLD. ONCE YOU FINISH THEM, THAT'S IT YOU CAN'T PREPARE ANY MORE. ANY TEST BESIDES AAMC ONE IS SHIT

OP Kaplan practice tests have very low correlation to what you'll score on the real thing. It's not even just straight deflation like is saying, which they do.

Go onto Reddit and search practice mcat exam spreadsheet and you'll find a giant spread sheet where people post their practice exam scores and their actual scores. There are people who scored 498 on Kaplan then got anywhere from 518s to 495s. For a semi decent estimation use the official tests. Kaplan questions are just not like real MCAT questions.

Otherwise ExamKrackers is the closes I've found to a real MCAT style questions and their quick 30 minute scores were dead on my real score. Even more so than the official AMCAS practice exam where I got 5 points below my real exam score.

your'e fucked. i never took the test until i scored at least 95th percentile on practice tests.

i tutor it btw. i got a 39 on the old one, and 526 on the new one. ask me anything.

>go on r*ddit

What school you end up going?

i'm applying in june.

ask me for advice man.

>Ignore a valuable resource because of the source

>Am I fitting in yet guys?

I just want to know your general study plan and tips. I got a 514 which should be good enough but my girlfriend ended up with a 498 so she'll be lucky to end up at a DO school.

The biggest problem is she sucks with anything mathematical so she freaks out right after the chemistry and physics section. It also doesn't help her family does not let her focus for nearly as long as she should. They're distracting her on the hour at least. Plus she tries to work during breaks when she should have been studying the most. But she wouldn't have had the money to apply otherwise.

look down at the back of your hand

if its appearance makes you think of the midnight sky you will be alright

otherwise get the rope ready

i can handle studying for physics/chem section and will definitely be able to get bio and psych up but man, the critical analysis section kills me every time.

>valuable resource
>reddit
pick one

Why haven't you already gone if you made a 39 a few years ago?

getting advice from faggots on Veeky Forums > the many docs and premeds who use reddit?

Veeky Forums might be a valuable resource for pictures of frogs and pictures of anuses, but i dont see how you can argue that its any better for a subject like the mcats

because hes lying, who the fuck spends another $350 + hours and hours of studying when you already have a stellar score that could get you in anywhere

No upvote / downvote system: no systemic incentive to post
Only remaining reasons for posting:
shitposting
actually contributing to the conversation

reddit: a handful of useful contributions followed by a sea of people fishing for upvotes with shitty jokes.

the trisomy club doesnt usually have interest in said subreddits

Hey, mon, welcome to medical school where it is sunny, sunny, sunny, except for when the hurricanes come.

Did you even read the rest of my fucking post? I'm not telling him to go there to make friends I'm telling him to go look at the spread sheet they made which would show what other people who got similar practice exam scores like him then later on made on the real thing. That's the valuable resource. Not Reddit.

You must have the literacy skills of a fucking middle schooler. At best.

Agree with this poster. Do the aamc sample (unscored)

Fucking premeds I hate you all

Love you too babycakes

I'm black, got a 37 and got into a school of my dreams. Sucks to be trash.

Time to start thinking of new future options user, Med school might not be for you