/reading habits/

/reading habits/

> where do you read?
> when?
> how long?
> misc. stuff like listen to anything? eg. white noise, or maybe just noise-cancelling headphones

>bed, lunch, train, bus
>when there's nothing new on the internet
>until I have something else to do
>Mirror's Edge soundtrack (the nice ones) or my 3 hour loop of THE THEME on the Trinity Seven OST

I like to read for an hour before bed, sipping some Sleepytime tea. Sometimes I'll listen to the Eve Online soundtrack or futurebeats.

Maximum comfy.

parks, coffee shops, bed, bath, anywhere
i am a jobless literature student though, so all day
2 hours a day minimum. if i have a lot of reading to do for uni i might read for 5 hours.
just no distractions. i used to be really good at blocking out background noise, but lately i always focus on background conversations to frustrate myself. annoying cycle where it keeps getting worse.

I read waterside, for as long as I can really, minimum of an hour. I listen to nature because the area's so quiet there's no need for headphones thank christ above and his blessed mother.

Bed. At night. For aprox 4 hours in small takes. I enjoy using ear plugs or anything that cancels noise but not because of noise itself. I like to hear the sounds of my body (heartbeats etc.).

at bed before sleep, at the bus, mostly on the sofa
as much as my college allows me
I to listen to ambient music (Cage, Basinski) when thereĀ“s too much noise

>bed train gym
>commute, warmup, internet gets boring
>whenever I think I can

agreed, ultimate comf
i never listen to anything, though, because I usually find that too distracting

>Mostly in bed, but also sometimes when eating or cooking
>Whenever I'm free
>However long I want to or am able to
>either Natural Snow Buildings drone, or a website called asoftmurmur.com

>anywhere where there's not much noise really, but mostly at home.
>In my free time
>For 2 hours
>mostly ambient music, I've been listening to Gas lately

>where do you read
in my reading chair, in my room or up in the living room
>when
during the day when I'm not at work or job hunting
>how long
between 1-3 hours, coupled with short 5 minute breaks in them

I usually drink tea or water while I read, if the day is good, I have the window open and let the breeze flow through the room.

In the school library. I find the best way to get ahead of my classes is to show up at the crack of dawn, insert caffeine into my face, get any and all notes, projects, studying, and reading done before class starts, then go to class and don't let myself leave the campus until all is finished. If I get any downtime somewhere in there, when ends up being two or three hours a day, I fill it with my own reading.

>there are people who are browsing this thread RIGHT now who read in places other than a silent room with a table
>there are people who are browsing THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW WHO ARE LISTENING TO MUSIC WHILE READING

>When ends up being

I swear ever since I started studying languages, my brain is syllable soup.

>at a bar
>in the morning
>until i'm mf drunk af
>HARSH NOISE WALL

>In my bed/In my reading chair/The library
>Afternoons and evenings, usually
>A while
>All this stuff is stupid memes. You don't need headphones, or white noise, you just need to sit there and read your book. It isn't that complicated or difficult. You don't need an endlessly refilled cup of coffee or plate of snacks to munch on. Just sit there and ready your damn books.

Yeah listening to music while reading is pleb tier. If the book you're reading or the music you're listening to can't stand on its own, then it's not worth reading or listening to.

psytrance or calm instrumentals drown out outside noise without distracting your reading. Find something substantial to have retarded opinions about.

>kitchen with tea, lecture breaks, bed
>morning, school hours, night
>half an hour if shitty book, two hours minimum if good
>nothing

>Bed or couch
>After work or during the weekend
>couple of hours, changes from day to day. During a weekend day I might read 8 hours straight
>I usually don't listen to anything. Sometimes minimalist classical music. outside noise really easily distracts me. My mind tends to wander toward conversations around me, or lyrics if that sort of music is played. So I prefer to read when I'm alone and in silence.

>asoftmurmur.com
Thanks for this bro. The singing bowls are pretty legit