Thoughts on Charles Bukowski?

Thoughts on Charles Bukowski?

No.

my gf just read Post Office and said it was hilarious...

I'll probably read it next but I've been reading the same book for almost a year...

>tfw your gf is more lit than you

He's a comfy, easy read. If you want to greatly amplify the "outcast with angst" experience you got from Catcher in the Rye, then he's for you.

I like him, but this is not a guilty pleasure thread

Degenerate, hedonistic, individualistic idiot, a true American douchero. I actually haven't read him

One of the greats. No matter what the pretentious fuckwads on here think. Watch The Bukowski Tapes. 4 hours of knowledge nuggets to keep you intrigued.

Nice quads

I knew a girl who liked Bukowski. She was the kind of self destructive "muh depression" snowflake you'd imagine.

The way I see it, Barry, Bukowski is something you like in your teens and then move on.

>tfw 25
>just entered my "muh depression" snowflake phase now

I'm gonna end up homeless, aren't I?

Good short story writer, garbage poet.

A dated a girl exactly as you described but she was a Kerouac-pseud

His best book is Pulp, and it is a work of genius.

This.

Bukowski is a fun read. Pour yourself a beer, light up a cigarette, get yourself a low-paying job and you're all set.

But yeah, guilty pleasure of mine.

Nice trips, but it definitely sounds like Bukowski is for me.

>Love to drink
>Discovered renewed passion in writing
>Love to drink
>Looking for low-pay job to simply pay the bills while I write
>Love to drink
>All set
>to drink

But to be fair though, fuck cigarettes. I'm not wasting my money on that bullshit. As for fighting, meh, I've come close to getting in a fight a few times but I never throw the first punch and being a pretty damn big guy the other person typically isn't too eager to throw the first one either.

I don't much mind him, but there isn't really a great deal of variation in his poetry. Read a number of his poems and he doesn't really surprise you much after that.

same with a girl i know

I fucked a Cortazar/Kerouac/Beat nut for a couple days straight.
Fun piece of ass, horrendous human being.

Plebmagnet supreme.

i like bluebird

Meme author/Used as a pseudointellectual excuse to drink and take drugs.

>used to be a big Bukowski fan in my late teens
>ten years later I'm actually an alcoholic working in a mail center
Don't try this at home, kids. Reading about it is way more fun.

You sound twelve.

That never happened

God who'd want to be such an asshole?

He was against drug use

I am not. I'm well into my 20s.

Fuark

>everyone's a virgin like me!

>mom rock

>mfw got drunk at a party and end up fighting with a friend. He throws me on the floor and I hit the back of my head, the other guy somehow injured his forehead, I still don't know how it happened. The party imediatelly is over, everyone starts to exit, walking really fast as they're trying to avoid some upcoming outrageous stuff. I follow them as my friend scream at me complaining about how he's gonna explain his new fence to his mom. I stay silent. It's very clear that to him this is not over yet. He rushes at me, shouting. He wanna restart the fight or at least intimidate me. I just keep trying to walk straight. He's bigger and stronger than me. I'm drunk as fuck, no way I can win this fight.
I think, fuck that. He's a frenemy anyway. At least this is gonna make the things clear between us. I feel he coming closer in a threatening way. Meanwhile he says:
-My heart is upbeating.
As some anime hero who narrates his own moves.
I laugh mentally, ignoring the danger that's coming from my back. Then my bff shows up, hold him and tells him to calm down, probabiling saving my ass and giving him a good excuse not to fight. A week later they message me for another night of drinking, this time at a local bar. I don't answer to any of them . I don't feel like drinking after this event. I'm slightly paranoid this guy wanna some "compensation" and this is just a trap, even though I know this is pretty much stuff from my head. I also need to save some money for my new gear. I plan on not showing my face for a month or two. I'm a hikikomori anyway and my misoginist nature just kicked in.
Am I lit/?
Share stories of famous drunk writers

>Am I Veeky Forums?

Well judging from that long, poorly written scrawl about some boring-ass fight you had you're not even close to Veeky Forums

Better being homeless than a lit pseud

God this post makes you sound insufferable

Lame and boring. Like to masturbate dogs...

amplifying the outcast with angst from catcher in the rye?

this man is about to become my favourite writer

t. embryo