Where are all the aliens?

astronomy.com/news/2017/12/oldest-fossil-ever-found
>Unexpectedly complex microbes found in a nearly 3.5-billion-year-old rock imply that life can begin and evolve more quickly than previously thought.
>“By 3.465 billion years ago, life was already diverse on Earth; that’s clear,” said J. William Schopf, a professor of paleobiology at UCLA and the study’s lead author, in a press release. “This tells us life had to have begun substantially earlier, and it confirms that it was not difficult for primitive life to form and to evolve into more advanced microorganisms.”

Other urls found in this thread:

veoh.com/watch/v127360482xdGrrMbN
youtube.com/watch?v=2p_aLfzxBaY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>psilocybin

What if we're the ayy lmaos?

aye almoao mashraoms

we have been the ayy lmaos for a long time, this isn't new

>Where are all the aliens?
In space.

so these fossils are 1 billion years earlier than thought. maybe this means that earth is older than we thought too.

>Where are all the aliens?
fuck off

fuck off, too

So roughly a billion years after the Theia impact. Any chance there was more diversity on Theia or Earth beforehand?

There's no proof any life exists outside Earth. Until I see evidence with double blind studies...

Life is very rare. And multi-celled life is another order of magnitude rarer. In the full scheme of things, we are very likely the most advanced beings in the universe, minus of course the movers of the universe (God/s)

[citation needed]

hahahaha le wikipedia meme xD
BTFO xDDDD

Go the other way, prove there is life anywhere other than Earth.

"Some of the microbes were a type of now-extinct bacteria from the domain Archaea". I know this is a small thing but bacteria are not from the domain Archaea. Archaea are a separate domain.

>And multi-celled life is another order of magnitude rarer.
multi celled life is the direct consequence of single celled life. they are equally rare or frequent.

If life is so easy why has it only happened once on Earth? Why aren't there dozens of trees of life instead of all life on Earth being related?

Possibly, but why did single cell life exist on its own for so long before making the leap to multi? This might suggest that you need a very long time period for things to go right to make that leap.

Waiting for humans to get their shit together

Im not making the claim. Im saying you need proof to make claims like “life is very rare” until you have proof the only acceptable answer to the fermi paradox is “i dont know”. For all you know life could exist on every single planet that has liquid water. It sure seems to be the most important part of life on Earth.

Natural selection tbqh

It is possible life exists all over the place, sure, but it doesn't say anything about complicated life being around. Any advanced life would be obvious at this point. But it isn't because it doesn't exist. And my point is still valid about life in general being rare, we haven't found any evidence of life outside of earth in our own solar system with plenty of chances.

>Any advanced life would be obvious at this point
[citation needed]

Here, this for you OP.
veoh.com/watch/v127360482xdGrrMbN

idk man, this doesn't really show anything we didn't already know

I struggle to see how you could have watched a 2 hour video in 11 minutes.

Again with the wiki reference. let me guess, you are about 19yrs old. live at home with no job or job hopes.

what video?
the article is just hype

youtube.com/watch?v=2p_aLfzxBaY

Kek, no. Im 25 im about to buy my second home. My wife is pregnant, and i made $80k last year in a very low CoL area while working 3 days per week. You dont have to believe me, after all this is Veeky Forums, but its all 100% true. Still waiting on any form of evidence to back up your claims there champ.