Next semester a female is teaching me Calc I

Next semester a female is teaching me Calc I
This is something she wrote

books.google.ca/books/about/The_Asymptotic_Existence_of_Graph_Decomp.html?id=BYJEnQAACAAJ&redir_esc=y

I need to know if she is a brainlet or not

this shit is funny

I find her jewish name quite outstanding. Depending on the exact root, it either means king, salt or labour. I assume king.

>A Thesis Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of MASTER OF SCIENCE

Sounds like a brainlet to me.

Topologists have to be stopped

Graph theory is cool, she's not a brainlet. But she may be terrible at teaching calculus, that's for sure. Fortunately calc is like the most basic shit ever and there's ton of resources by professors who actually know how to teach and you can consult those for free.
I mean, I have no idea why universities keep paying professors to teach calculus, one could say that teaching calc, linalg, classical mechanics, etc, has been 'solved' by the internet. Just get one TA to do recitations and get it over with for fucks sake.

she's being one vowel away from being a pol meme

Why not just tell the students to use the internet, and have a TA give out a curriculum so the students know what they will be tested on and then have that TA invigilate 3-4 term tests and a final exam

Should I ask her if she sacrifices chickens after eating pizza while playing dominoes on pasta?

The TA is useful because of the questions and answers and working out problems with the students. But yeah just give the students a handout with the syllabus and what online lectures to watch each week and you don't have to pay a professor to teach a class that will be worse than what you can find online

>instead of trying to improve education, let's just say fuck it, give up, and resign to online-only education
Anyone who thinks there is no value in going to class has never had an instructor that knows how to teach. A quality 1-2 hour lecture will teach you far more than hours of unguided browsing.

He's talking about the brainlet first and second year math courses you moron

I've never learnt anything from a teacher my entire life. 99% of what i learned is with a textbook solving some problems. Teachers are for brainlets

I don't see how that invalidates the utility of a good instructor.

>graph theory
>has to ask if she's a brainlet

If you need a good instructor to learn calc 1 or linear algebra you are either a dumb white girl or a faggot engineer.

According to her website her only publication is from 2011. How has she not been kicked out of academia yet?

>being this elitist
>interest in math continues to plummet as the years go by
>eventually prominent professors retire
>less good positions remain for potentially grad students who would eventually replace them
>progress in the field slows tremendously
I unironically believe this will happen if this attitude doesn't change soon.

I go to a community college (transferring to a 4 year university) and I think she just teaches there now.

desu that sounds pretty comfy. I know a 30 year old teaching 3 courses a semester and he makes like 70k a year

theres never a shortage of autists in math

She is a brainlet but a brainlet is sufficient for teaching calc 1 anyway

you don't get "kicked out" of academia for lack of publications, retard. you don't get tenure at some places, but depending on the college, they probably don't care about research level;they're mainly concerned with teaching.

harvey mudd, for example, is considered an excellent teaching-based university. their alumni consistently go to the top schools in the country or delve into careers that are extremely financially beneficial. HMC continuously spits out amazing grads, and their faculty doesn't place a high importance on research. capability in teaching, comprehension of coursework and relaying it to the student body far outweighs the google citation number.

This. Mudd puts teaching first. What a concept.

>you don't get "kicked out" of academia for lack of publications, retard.
No, your temporary position just won't get renewed and you can't get hired anywhere else. Looks like it's too difficult for a brainlet like yourself to understand that this is the same thing.

>teaching-based university.
lol

You know next to nothing about academia.

Since having a toddler, I’ve found myself doing things I never used to do (because I would’ve found them boring) and discovering it’s not always so easy. When your kid asks you to count the cars (by saying “dix! quatre!”) it is not always obvious which cars to count, for instance (and don’t get me started on what is
a car and what is a truck). But my real problem comes when trying to count bicycles parked at a bicycle stand. Every time I count, I get a different number because it’s hard for me to tell which parts belong to the bikes I’ve already counted. One possible solution would be to pick one easy-to-see bicycle part and only
count that. Obvious choices would be handlebars, wheels, or seats. Imagine you had a way of seeing only the wheels or only the seats (I don’t like handlebars; doesn’t matter why), maybe because you have some really awesome spy computer sunglasses.
Okay, so you’re undercover posing as a “natural mama” with your bilingual robot baby in the baby carrier when you have to stop and count bicycles. You press the screen of your spy phone (I almost said “on your watch” LOL) and now you see a black screen with a bunch of blue circles, each representing a wheel. A swipe of your screen puts all the circles in a row for easy counting. You count fifteen. Uh-oh! You look back at the actual bicycles and realize that they’re not all bicycles! Not all of the things you want to count have exactly two wheels. So fifteen doesn’t tell you anything. What about the seats? You inspect and find that yes, each ...cycle has exactly one seat. Okay, going back to your spy screen you switch to view red ovals that represent seats and you count seven. Seven something-cycles! In other words, for our purposes, cycles can be parametrized by seats. To understand the parametrizations, though, we’re still missing some more information.

>one could say that teaching calc, linalg, classical mechanics, etc, has been 'solved' by the internet.
honestly, this. worst case scenario, you'll learn the stuff from the internet. we've all been there once or twice

>The professor is smart != the professor is good at teaching

also fuck off calling anyone a brainlet when you haven't even had calc 1

The self-teach meme really needs to end jesus christ

can someone post the previous 89 figures?

>a small, new result about combinatorial designs
Very good if it's a master's thesis, disappointing if it's supposed to be a phd.
>image
If she wrote that, she might be a brainlet.
>Malloch
It means memory allocation in hexadecimal.

This. Teachers are for people with literacy problems and "special needs".

>.ca

You think engineers struggle in calc? Its the one field of careers that use it routinely. We are a STEM board filled with chemists and biologists but you choose engineers as the butt of jokes for lacking knowledge in calc?

That's an engineer