What would Socrates think of the type of irony used here on Veeky Forums?

What would Socrates think of the type of irony used here on Veeky Forums?

If Socrates knew about contemporary times he would not be the same Socrates so your question is invalid

Too big to fail.

Childish.

That types of irony hierarchize people. Some get frustrated and never come back, some mindlessly mimic that, others can take the best out of it. Socrates acted very similar to Veeky Forums's, he didn't promise anything good for his attendants, but urged them to find the best that lied in perselves.

stop being ironic

>implying personality is the result of interaction with environment

Your pleb level just broke my scouter.

I know personality i.e. the five factor model is largely heritable but ideas are not

He'd say its a fucking prison, among prison, and that everyone stopped looking for the key to get out

fpbp

What Socrates did was just the same as shitposting on Veeky Forums, only difference being that he did it in public and not anonymous

I wish I could stick a hot piece of iron up your ass and melt your insides.

>people exist in a vacuum

Well we use irony as a truth, or attempting to find it. I think he'd come to like it

Stay mad socratesshills. Socrates is the most overrated philosopher in Western philosophy. Even the somewhat sensible works that are ascribed to him are in reality Plato using Socrates as a strawman to assert his own views.

>personality is not the result of interaction with environment = environment does not exist

Just how?

What's so good about life outside the prison?

If the job of philosophy is to corrupt the youth like Socrates was accused of doing, Veeky Forums is the greatest philosophical event of the 21th century.

That said its such a shitty phrase, there's nothing good in misdirected corruption like /pol/itics,

nah Veeky Forums shitposting is just senseless disruption and nihilism. at least socrates deeply cared for the souls of his interlocutors and wanted them to realize the truth in an apophatic way

>you would be the same person if you grew up in a society where small cuts could be lethal and education was non-existent

>you would be a different person if you grew up in a society where small cuts could be lethal and education was non-existent

>you would be the same person in a society without christ

That's Diogenes actually

he would be shocked to see that writing prevailed

>you would be a different person in a society without christ

When was the last time you actually needed modern medicine to heal your small cuts?

Disinfectant is modern medicine

That was both of them.

Aussie tier shitposters.

Internet irony is cancer. Socratic irony worked because 1) Socrates was intellectually honest and 2) he talked with people less wise than him. On Veeky Forums, irony is used in discussions in order to mock your opponent.

Socrates mocked the shit out of his opponents, he just claimed his mocking was actually sincere inquiry. The best modern analogue of Socrates in this respect is DFW.

Do you disinfect every small scrape or scratch you get over the course of your life?

This

>personality
>inherited and/or a result of interaction with environment

LAUGHING SO DAMN HARD

He would think it's stupid. Most of his stuff was revolving around how people use language to hide their true meaning. Instead of irony he would want you to just spit out what you have to say.

How would someone one the inside know?