Was George Orwell wrong about his thoughts on Tea?

Was George Orwell wrong about his thoughts on Tea?

Why are you spamming all these autistic anime threads?
Don't you have anything better to do?

I have not been spamming.

And yea, but I am not a clever man, so I made this image and felt the urge to share it with Veeky Forums...

Orwell is right but not so much for flavour reasons

>Not knowing how to reply.
>Ending your phrase with an ellipsis.
Kill yourself newfag.

who gives a fuck about tea?

Ask the bongs.
Ask them about soccer and blood pudding while you're at it.

>tea with sugar
Orwell is one-hundred percent correct. If you enjoy sugar in tea, you're either a turbo faggot or a woman.

Also yeah, what the fuck is with all these Japanese threads? There's like 4 up right now.

I never add sugar to my green tea, ever. But scatophilia is not my piece of pie.

Despite being know for tea bongs only drink shit, if you want to taste good tea go chinese those fucking bongs even manage to burn black tea.

Tea is a shit tier drink that only works with copious amounts of sugar and milk, like how builders do it

Orwell is a nancy boy however so his statement doesnt surprise me

He isn't wrong if you want to drink tea the British way. That is, strong black tea with milk. He may go a bit too far in specifying the materials for the teapot, etc. I honestly don't think that black teas with added milk deserve that kind of attention to every detail.

I highly prefer grassy Japanese and Chinese green, white, and oolong teas, none of which should be ruined with milk. My favourite teapot is made of cast iron, but I also use ones made of porcelain and glass.

Sugar in coffee is better but in tea is kind of lame.

No he is not wrong. Anyone who puts anything in their tea or their coffee is a complete philistine.

if u add sugar to coffee or tea ur a toppleb

>he did not read what Orwell wrote about tea
He added milk, you know. I bet you'd do, too, if you tasted what kind of tea the English drink. Try one of their "breakfast teas" and claim that that should be drunk without additions.

>macchiato
>philistine
Okay

Well I don't drink Earl Grey. I'm not an idiot.

Earl Grey is actually different, I don't think most use milk on it.

In Canada we have this drink called a "double-double" which is coffee with two creams and two sugars. It's pretty popular.

Adding sugar to anything is pretty egregious

Tim Hortons, begone!

I like that!

Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc

But yeah if you add sugar to coffee or tea, you're plebeian.

I'm from the South so I grew up with sweet tea. That's the only way I can drink it.

Tea with sugar is hot juice. Infinitely better.

No, he was right.

You don't "love coffee" if you dump a bunch of cream in sugar and whipped cream and whatever the fuck else in it, either.

Kakuzo Okakura gives a lot of fucks about tea.

Tfw according to Veeky Forums I'm patrician
Feels good desu

how do u make it

real question

We normally make it by the gallon. Just boil some water and put in some tea bags to steep, then pour it in a jug and add sugar. How much would depend on how sweet you want it, something like 2 cups is probably normal. Then fill the rest of the jug up with water and stir. Done. As for the type of tea bags, most people will use Luzianne or some brand like that, that's intended for sweet tea.

That's interesting because I have no interest in hot milky sugar water. Must be the coffee.

Oh, and of course serve it cold. That's probably obvious, though.

Coprophillia

I also grew up in the south and started out thinking tea is as sugar-laced as soda. Sweet tea has its place, but unsweetened green/black tea is top tier.

Hortons coffee fucking sucks and double doubles are for pussies.
t. Canadian who doesnt like timmies

I moved to a "big coffee town" in the States and everything here is just overcooked black tar made from a standardized press. If you put sugar and cream into it, it tastes like a fucking caramel someone melted in the microwave. They also don't know what "double double" means, which pisses me off. Fuck Americans.

Fuck off too, pajeet.

Who gives a fuck about any of this

I put fucktons of milk and sugar in my tea and I have a great time. I'd fuck Orwell up in a fight also.

The anime girl on the left describes western civilization and japan perfectly.

Even with the Orwell quote this belongs on Veeky Forums, not Veeky Forums. It doesn't even belong there really.
no sugar master race
Its Veeky Forums dumbcunt, whaddya expect? Even if this is Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums is still a weeb site. Go somewhere else if you don't like it or just shut the fuck up.

You think anyone who doesnt like shit coffee is a pajeet?