THORIUM CAR 100 YEARS OF FUEL

So any news about this "scam"? I watched a bit of thunderf00t's video about how it's bullshit but he spent most of the video jerking himself off about being an ex nuclear plant worker and talking about stupid shit like back to the future instead of really putting in the claims.

I have read that they are in a partnership with Cadillac to make this happen, but there's nothing to be read about research or the company behind it whatsoever.

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/jamyang-norbu/who-created-pakistans-nuc_b_864124.html
web.archive.org/web/20160310225139/http://laserpowersystems.com:80/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That sounds incredibly dangerous. Assuming you could build a reactor that small with enough radiation shielding, the energy density required would no doubt eventually cause a catastrophic accident.

Doesn't thorium produce really weak gamma rays that make it much easier to shield radiation than uranium?

When I googled it, there was nothing but 100 metric tons of absolute ass pain from just about every direction. Whether or not it is bullshit doesn't really matter. Someone really wants it to be bullshit though. lol

ISIS loves getting some these cars.

It is thorium, not plutonium. You can get this shit at your local hardware store.

That's also what I see. Thorium salt reactors as uranium alternatives have already been proven to work in China, and are being tested in Netherlands right now, so it's not that far fetched to believe that someone is trying to mask this development

If using thorium for energy generation is viable, then why not just start a power plant? Why is it being attached to a car?

>then why not just start a power plant?

Did you even read the post you are replying to? Also, nuclear powered cars have been a science dream since forever.

Investments in uranium based reactors have been long standing in most of the developed countries so it would be too expensive in the short term to switch over, which is one of the main issues, but also presents new solutions to developing countries like China.

so you just leave the car running all the time? fuel for 100 years when the car barely lasts 6 months without maintenance

>honey the timing belt needs to be replaced
>sure thing, let me just drop $20k to ship the car back to the manufacturer because no mechanic knows how to work on a nuclear reactor. Hope you don't need to drive for the next 6-10 weeks Xd

Where do you find thorium in hardware store? In TIG rods? They contain less than 0.1% thorium, even bananas are more radioactive

>Timing belt
>Reactor creates electricity, IE electric car
Don't worry, mommy will be home with your blanket soon.

Lantern mantles. Radiation is easy. You can use lithium from batteries to purify the thorium in the mantles then use a radium neutron gun to transform thorium-232 into fissionable uranium-233. You can get the radium from some old glowing paints on antiques among other sources and concentrate it with barium sulfate. Use beryllium or aluminum for the neutrons of the neutron gun (beryllium is better). You can use water as a filter to slow the neutrons down. You'll need at least 30lbs of uranium to create a sustained reaction for a breeder reactor. You can use cobalt drill bits as the rods, but only if you design it correctly, otherwise they just won't be enough to keep it cool enough. Regardless, I'm not really sure how much usable electricity you'd be able to get out of it for a car due to how much heavy shielding you'll need and the efficiency of your generator(s).

>timing belt
>electric car

you are a dumb motherfucker

>It's pronounced nuculer

i have no idea how to work on the inside of an engine but i change the timing belt, oil, transmission fluid, brakes, ... on my car.

>nuculer
>nuc-uler
>nuc - - - euler
>nuc ---------Euler

nucoiler

Yeah man, metal tires. Bet that works great

>gather one hundred thousand gas lantern mantles
>one hundred thousand antique toys with glow-in-the-dark paint
>scrape and process these items for months
>eventually gather 30lb of usable materials
>die of cancer from the radium dust
Is there some way to automate the process so even if you die/get hospitalized your descendants will inherit an illegal and highly dangerous homemade powerplant?

I have no idea what I'm talking about but I do remember reading somewhere that this technology would maybe theoretically work for locomotion if you had a vehicle considerably larger than a steam train. It doesnt scale down very well

You have plenty of time to finish it before you get cancer. You don't need much radium for it, you only need a lot of thorium to reach 30lbs. The radium is just for the neutron gun. Radium dust will be the least of your worries.

Thorium doesn't fission but can be converted into U233 which does.
A thorium-burning reactor would have several advantages which would make it safer, but no one wants to spend the time and effort to start over.

It's a good idea for central power stations -- but a really lousy one for automobiles.

Cody of cody's lab is purifying uranium right now from ore. You can buy ore from united nuclear.

Cant make a large stockpile of nuclear weapons material from a thorium reactor, you can from uranium or plutonium

I really want a car that runs forever.
I really don't mobile little sources of neutrons blasting a bunch of metals. That sounds bad.

>make fusion power
>beam it around with microwaves or whatever disregarding efficiency
explain why this won't work, /g/

>make a million wood furnaces
>beam it around with microwaves or whatever disregarding efficiency
explain why this won't work, /n/

le inverse square boi

>a car that runs forever
It has an energy source that lasts forever. The car itself still wears down.

1. We don't have fusion power. Except for that really big reactor in the sky half the time.
2. If you think people are frightened by the minuscule radiation their cell phones give off.... Read "Waldo" by Robert A. Heinlein

what type of nuclear physicist or nuclear engineer would help ISIS? You think the average drone sand nigger knows how to make a nuke?

meant to reply to sorry lad.

beam it only over the concentration cam - i mean cities - then. It's not like anybody will be allowed or want to live beyond then anyway.

>A car running on a reactor would be similar to the version running on combustible gasses

I Think those are shrouds not the tires themselves.

Think of the free cooked pidgeons you would get from them flying into the beam.

Sounds gay and boring.

We need to strap NSWRs to cars.

It's really dense!

>being this fucking stupid

A.Q. Kahn and China. You don't have to be brilliant if you can steal plans.

huffingtonpost.com/jamyang-norbu/who-created-pakistans-nuc_b_864124.html

ain't happening. They proposed an absolutely fucking nuts way of doing nuclear fusion involving lasers and straight up space magick. The radiation it would produce if fucking space magick actually worked(which it does not), would require a fuckload of shielding. And that's if you ignore the neutron radiation.

son this ain't molten salt reactors, this is fucking unicorn farts. Here's the dead webpage behind the thorium powered car bullshit
web.archive.org/web/20160310225139/http://laserpowersystems.com:80/

Here have this tidbit:
>>The key to this system is the Ultra HI-OP MaxFelaser that makes it possible to generate power with zero emission NO GREEN HOUSE GASES. The laser utilizes the power in “Rear Earth Metals” and a new laser plumbing system to flash water to steam and drive a LPS turbine SR high-speed generator producing clean emission free energy for just about any power system requirement or application
>>REAR EARTH METALS
>>LASER PLUMBING!

I remember when some snake-oil salesman was peddling nuclear fusion Tractor Engines. Laser-initiated fusion. Ran for years on a cup of water. He went into great detail about how reliable the engine was because it was lubricated with MobilOne synthetic oil.

Ohio (or maybe it was Iowa) officials arrested the scammer. And what was their reward for protecting the Public? Hundreds of farmers protested that the State was suppressing this marvelous invention which they wanted and needed!

There used to be an amusing web-site which touted all sorts of free-energy and over-unity devices. Most would be commercially available "within months". When nothing appeared, the guy running the web-site would simply announce another "breakthrough" whch had come to his attention. Never a "sorry, I was wrong."
Site closed down when he was convicted of pedophilia and put away for a long stretch.

t, David