Computationally expensive stuff required in my PHD

>computationally expensive stuff required in my PHD
>university allows me to put scripts in the queue of the university supercomputer
>write scripts that actually do my PHD stuff but also include bitcoin mining in every script
>all scripts I put in the queue only need roughly 1/10 of the time for my PHD stuff and 9/10 of time to mine bitcoins
>already at USD 6,000 worth of bitcoins

Is anyone else using your university's computers to mine bitcoins for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

ccn.com/harvard-student-uses-14000-core-supercomputer-mine-dogecoin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>scripts
The fuck. Since when did you care about performance enough to use a supercomputer? Is that the resources required to do fizzbuzz in python?

Supercomputers are not efficient for mining bitcoin. Nice fan fic though.

thats genius until they check hash rate of processes and btfo out of american universities

ccn.com/harvard-student-uses-14000-core-supercomputer-mine-dogecoin/

Supercomputer still have GPUs.

>not using uni supercomputer to bogosort your music collection by file size

you're obviously lying since even that supercomputer would mine orders of magnitude slower than a specialized asic miner, you would've made a double digit number at most in a month

Based role-player.

Enjoy your jelly.
>supercomputer would mine orders of magnitude slower than a specialized asic miner
Wrong. Slower yes, but not orderS of magnitude. The computer at our institute is mostly used for very detailed fluid dynamics simulations so it's a big bunch of GPUs. SHA-256 runs quite efficient on them. It's not a 10 year old computer from some underfunded institute in Uzbekistan either, can't go into more details for obvious reasons.

I wasn't aware chuck e cheese tokens were so expensive

supercomputers don't have internet access

>earn 6k
>get expelled or banned from the computers
>lose tens of thousands in wasted tuition
yeah, i'm not sure that was a good decision. you would think a phd studen should be able to put two and two together

If you are mining bitcoin, please hold until over millón dollars.

kek

are you a frog?

I don't think any school would expel him for that. They would probably get pissed off and ask him to stop before they would expel him. It's not like he is doing anything illegal but he definitely is misusing school property to benefit himself.

>Believing OP

neck yourself

>telling yourself things you can’t have are unreal

kys

How about the electricity costs? The expenditure would be pretty large even just so far.

>still no proof after multiple posts detailing why this is untrue
Neck yourself.

actual proof would break my neck, but I responded to doubts here:
>mfw script running right now, no others in queue

anyone who is in PhD is too scared to do that.

>math PhD
>300K a year
>don't even think about mining