Veeky Forums shoud have a philosphy board

Through my years on Veeky Forums I have had many philosophical ideas and questions, that I wanted to share but I never felt good posting anything of that sort on /sci or /lit, after all philosophy is not the focus of these boards.

I know that there are anons on Veeky Forums who would, like I, be willing to have philosophical discussions. So let us pray to Kek and the lords of Veeky Forums that a board of such type is forged and given to us.

Other urls found in this thread:

axiomsofchoice.org/babbys_first_hott
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No it shouldn't
Most philosophy is bullshit, especially leftist influenced philosophy.

Also stirner was a legitimate retard. Not everything is a spook you autist.

>leftist influenced philosophy
?

>It is shit
>Therefore it should not have a containment board

It's like you don't even understand how we do things here

I bet that you've never been to Veeky Forums.

Giving it it's own board will just make it grow

The only containment board that isn't working is /pol/. All the others do their job well enough.

lit talks phil

>The only containment board that isn't working is /pol/
Lmfao
How true

Veeky Forums is entirely philosophical-wank; talking about actual books gets difficult

I like to post my musings and see how long it takes for them to figure out I just like psychedelics

Just kill yourself you pseud fucktard brainlet

we do Veeky Forums

Yeah that sounds familiar
God I love messing with Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums - "arts and humanities"
Too smart to post humanities on humanities?

t. Brainlet

this

>thinking the people in his picture were leftists
t. Brainlet

Kek
Agreed

>le philosophy maymay

Go to Veeky Forums you fucking retard

OP here, lit is full of retards that try to base everything on the fictional events their favorite twilight novel.

I agree that there were a few philosophical threads, but mostly /lit is just interpretational bullshit when it comes to philosophy. That's why we need a separate board, and /sci should never take that role.

Philosophy is the most male dominated major outside engineering. Anything that full of test is, in my book, worth respect.

>what is Veeky Forums
C'mon, user. You're not even trying.

Hopefully those people are actual philosphers/ students and not some over his head english teacher. Every dam english professor I had thought they were qualified to do philosophy. They read too damn deep in mundane ordinary text as though it was “too deep for you to understand bro”.

Veeky Forums hates humanities, Veeky Forums is is good for philosophy. A philosophy only board would be a cesspool of psueds

Veeky Forums is full of english and liberal arts majors who think they are qualified in philosophy.

You need to be qualified to talk philosophy? I hope you're not OP because posting stirnir is a contradiction to what you said

Like how giving the horsefags a board made their fandom grow?

I’m not OP, but if you are not classically trained in philosophy but just a smuck who knows how to add fluff to make a paper 20 pages long (english majors) than your opinion is worth squat. The best philosophers of years past have more math backgrounds than a simpleton who knows how to write a letter. There is a reason why non-STEM majors of econ and philosophy are praised here.

Horsefuckers ironically co-existed with /pol/ fine for a few days when when it became /mlpol/. Take that as you will.

I think it will quickly turn into another /pol/ not that that is bad if you are ok to wade through the shit to get good stuff.

Anyone can into philosophy who is going to dictate who can and can't talk about it on a anonymous Chinese cartoon discussion forum? No one here is claiming to be a philosopher it's just people talking about it.

>no is claiming
Well english professirs sure are pretending to do.

I have a PhD in physics (theory) and Stirner (Der Einzige und sein Eigentum) had a big influence on my thinking.

We can very well discuss such subject, but Christmas day is a bit unpractical.

But anyway, for starters, what's your "personal philosophy"? What do you make of whatever you read and what's your way?

>having a doctorates and you still browse this shit site

For all it's flaws, I think it's still one of the best places on the internet. Of course, that just means that there are not too many good places on the internet.
I believe Veeky Forums is a place where (cultural) things are created and you learn a lot about peoples drives and true feelings.
I'm posting since 2008 and e.g. in 2014 even learned a lot about homotopy type theory from a 16 year old Italian school kid. The internet is a weird.

got anything cool on homotopy type theory??

i think stirner's book had great style, and i loved it's main theme/point. however i think the historical & theoretical observations he makes are obviously obsolete now... never made it pastthe 19th century you know

Try to find an online community dedicated towards philosophy, you probably won't find anything of meaning on Veeky Forums.

>most philosophy is bullshit
so we isolate it you dunce. this is how we're going to fix Veeky Forums

I don't think HoTT will get anywhere soon. Not sure what I you mean if I got anything. Also depends on your background. I've written down some general ideas here
axiomsofchoice.org/babbys_first_hott
and then some more concrete on equality directly to Wikipedia

With Stirner, there are some lengthy parts in the middle that I don't care for too much - nobody needs to argue to me about the minuses (and pluses) of this and that political system. As is often that case with philosophers to me, some long dwelling on interpretations on previous peoples words (in particular when they are dissected word for word) seem pointless.
The book is very funny for a philosophical work and if I'm not wrong, parts of it (e.g. the start with the historical "overview") is actually a direct parody of Hegel, and if you don't know about the Young Hegelians (and I know far too little), then the best things might be lost on you.
Indeed, I think there are strong points, and the memeting Veeky Forums idea of spooks isn't even the strongest one for me. Stirners concept of property is what stands out. Sadly, I don't think you can find two people who agree on what Stirner says and - even harder - you'll not find someone explaining what Stirners opinion is and other people agree 100% that that's the right reading.
But maybe that doesn't matter - I'm pretty much for the post-structurialist death of the author here and I don't necessarily have to know what he meant.
In any case, I'm off to Christmas dinner. Later

Truth.