Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Fountainhead

Darkness at Noon

a day in the life of ivan denisovich

So Unitology is real

The God Delusion

Why do I find 1940s/50s American city aesthetics so comfy? It's nostalgia for something I've never experienced

look at all of the circles, curves, and lack of hard edges in the picture. You can see it in the cars, the lamp posts, even the street lights and advertisements, there was always a touch of beauty in everything. The building in the background says "buy war bonds" so this was probably between 1942 and 1945. While not in this picture, you know from history that men often wore suits and women wore dresses or at least skirts and blouses. There is a perceived air of professionalism; that people knew what they were doing meanwhile a 30 year old man today is more likely to wear the same jeans and tee shirt combination every day that he did when he was 10. We see someone that we can look up to in those old photos where people were at the same time "grown up" and lovers of the beautiful.

I think people generally pine for their nation's perceived Golden Age.

The British idolise for the late 19th century, as it represents their zenith, as a society.

For America, the Post-War industrialisation period represents an extremely positive change to their national identity. Self sufficiency and family values reigned supreme. Wars were righteous and the Soviets weren't yet capable of threatening American shores.

Spiderman

My Twisted World

nytimes.com/

notes from the underground

the bread book

brave new world

suttree

Catch-22

Confessions of a Man Insane Enough to Live with Beasts

Nathalie Sarraute - The Planetarium

Eat, Pray, Love

Nathanael West - Miss Lonelyhearts

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

The Sun Also Rises

Whatever by Houllebecq

>start studying Russian like a week ago
>first possibility of using it is in a title of a book dealing with a little girl's autism
wew

Also, I'm pretty sure that's not actually Russian, but a related language. Never seen that Greek letter after the "Kak".

Its a cyrillic P user. Need to do some more studying...

Really? I thought uppercase Cyrillic P looked like this "П". I haven't seen a serif version of it, I guess.

Sure, but that's just the style of that font. Cyrillic cursive is very hard to read.

Not a Nazi btw, just love Breker's work tremendously.

On The Power and Primacy of the Pope

No more than Latin cursive. Just a matter of memorizing a couple of different glyphs.

Growth of the Soil my main man.

That is actually completely correct. Notation ambiguity is usually resolved by always using fractions instead of division operator in academia.

Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs

Sextus, Plexus, Nexus trilogy by Henry Miller.
Whatever by Michel Houllebecq

Sorry, it's Sexus not Sextus

Galapagos

Tucker Max I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell

The Good Earth / The Martian mashup

500 MORE Sudoku Puzzles!

The Picture of Dorian Grey
The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary

check these by john green

Shame by Salman Rushdie.

Your looking at a recolored image with colors more appealing than in real life

What do you have to eat for that to happen?

Alan Williams The Knight and the Blast Furnace: A History of the Metallurgy of Armour in the Middle Ages & the Early Modern Period

Gosht Vindaloo

I just want something that feels like this. Bittersweet.

Notes From Underground

edvard munch by peter watkins B)

Deutsches Requiem

but if you want a book then the silmarillion and tolkien in general, since so much of it has to do with beautiful things fading away and the passing of time.

Baudolino

What's happening here?

does anyone else think america will be fucked once millennials are the oldest generation?

>DAE LIFE WILL BE BAD IN 60-70 YEARS
We can't reliably predict weather for the week or next day election results. What kind of retarded question is this?

the sad clown by erasmus diateiliys

based on the photo you have shared in this here text, I'd be obliged to suggest you read the philosophically absurdist novel The Stranger, by Albert Camus. I think you'll really enjoy it based on the image you have provided.

The Blazened Ones by Josaiah Elehenu

Oh, sweet summer child.

Reddit by anonymous slacker

oyasumi punpun

>posts the most hardcore example of doctor's handwriting that has nothing to do with normal people
Fuck off contrarian retard.

Ovid, Metamorphoses

Susan Sontag, Death Kit

William Blake, Songs of Innocence and Experience

It was probably an old person.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck
thiiiiiiiiiiis
gaaaaaaaaaaaay
eaaaaaaaaaarth

because in the 60s and 70s urban cores were ruined by massive government subsidization of sprawl (highways, cities without sidewalks) that made driving necessary almost everywhere for the first time

ROM II MUD source code
Dungeons & Dragons Libris Mortis

Darwinia: A Novel of a Very Different Twentieth Century by Robert Charles Wilson

The Waste Land by TS Eliot

You're the retard. I was using an extreme example to illustrate what everyone but you knows about Cyrillic cursive.

>le everyone knows
Not an argument, cretin. Cyrillic cursive is in no way harder than Latin cursive, just slightly different. This is indeed known by absolutely everyone who is able to read both and doesn't just autistically parrot leddit-tier maymay opinions from duolingo forums.

Windows XP for Dummies

Solaris