What do you think about cheating in college and exams?

What do you think about cheating in college and exams?
Is it morally acceptable or just for brainlets?

neither

Wat do you think it is then?

Morally acceptable? Obviously not.

However it could be a good move to get ahead in life. Sometimes an exam result matters and your entire future could be drastically different depending on the result. If you know you are fucked before the exam it could be worth the risk to cheat rather than fail.

Sometimes cheating, stealing and lying are the best ways to get ahead in life. But you need to calculate the risk against the reward.

Nice guys finish last.

#YOLO

>or just for brainlets?

I'll also add that smart people can cheat too for good reason. Sometimes an exam is stupid but its important to get a good grade. Instead of wasting time learning something stupid you could just cheat and spend your time and effort elsewhere. There are other reasons too.

I know its only vaguely related but "Catch me if you can" is a great film about cheating/fraud and how to get ahead in life the dirty way.

You don't cheat because for one, you will get kicked out of the school if caught and second, you are robbing yourself of learning. It's not like high school were if you got caught cheating they just fail you. They will expel you for it because a cheating fag to them is unwarranted to take a spot in their school and it does effect their accreditation if they allow cheats to survive. Once you get expelled for cheating or plagarism it's basically a death penalty on you because most other schools will not accept you.

Just get better at cheating.

The risks FAR outweigh the rewards in cheating in college.

On my Physics final my Professor, who is the sweetest Russian women you will ever meet, failed 2 kids who pretended to go to the bathroom (they were gone for 30 minutes) but instead went to the computer lab to look up the answers. I have no clue if she brought them to the dean or not, considering she is so sweet she probably let them off with a failing of the entire class.

Also admitting you cheated after you graduate can fuck you over. A college can rescind it's diploma on you if evidence shows you cheated/plagiarized.

Well it would vary from person to person.

If you're mediocre at a subject you're probably better off not cheating. But if you're complete shit and going to fail anyway it cant hurt can it? If you're guaranteed to fail a degree on an honest attempt its worth the risk to cheat IMO. It also depends on how you are being assessed and what the content is.

There are many variables to consider.

>Also admitting you cheated after you graduate can fuck you over.

So don't admit it?

Lots of idiots do. I recall one got fucked over for doing it on facebook. People like to brag when they get away with shit.

I already got 5 people expelled for cheating. I hate scumbags who think they can just cheat in front of other hard-working students and not face repercussions. Also
>pay shit ton of money to go educate yourself somewhere
>cheat and not learn anything
It's for brainlets.

>It's for brainlets.

and lazy people.

How did you expelled them?

I respect you user. People who fail but try should be placed above cheating scum.

Cheaters in college are pond scum brainlets. Legit seen people on their phone in the middle of an exam and the professor is just sittin on his ass not looking for it.

>Morally acceptable
Yeah, why not?
>Only for brainlets
Exactly. Why risk it, when you could just understand, solve the examen carefully, and pass

And if the exam is graded "on the curve" cheating hurts everyone else.
Wouldn't blame them for beating the tar out of you.
More practically, reporting you and having you kicked out of school.

How would you even cheat?
I honestly cant see anyway cheating would be useful, at least compared to just learning the same thing in like half the times cheating takes to set up

how?Kids pretend to use restroom but go to a computer lab or have a friend outside with a textbook, notes or digital device. Professors, in the US, cannot legally stop you from using the restroom even if they say "everyone use the restroom now before I hand out the exam".

lel
Here in germany an assistant will walk you to the toilet and back
But I dont see how you could even look up a problem?
Do american exams use a large catalog of questions or something like that?

>Sitting in the back in a basic chemistry course
>Exam time
>Everyone around me fails
>Get an A+
>Professor congratulates the back row for not cheating

>remember question
>pretend to go to restroom
>find digital device and google something
On Physics and Engineering exams its kind of pointless because each question is unique but with Math I can see it possible with one of those phone apps.

If American students spent 1/10 the effort on studying that they do on finding ingenious ways to cheat -- they wouldn't NEED to cheat.

Furthermore, they all think they've come up with some new innovation that'll totally bamboozle the teacher.
They forget that teachers were once students themselves. They know all the tricks and they're not so easily fooled.

Why would you cheat in college?

If you can't honestly pursue your schoolwork, why would getting a degree that requires you to have understanding of that work, to get a job associated with that work, be a good idea? Might be a short-term solution (if you succeed) but ultimately you're just setting yourself up for failure. If you feel inclined to cheat, why not just do something else

And no it's not moral either because you undermine the exam. It can affect the rankings of students actually giving it honest effort, and their future may be negatively influenced as a result.