I need evidence

ITT - if you believe in evolution and any possible evidence to support the theory

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/your-inner-fish/watch/
youtube.com/watch?v=plVk4NVIUh8
newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
humansarefree.com/2017/09/fossilised-giant-footprints-discovered.html
blog.world-mysteries.com/ancient-writings/tolkiens-middle-earth-true-history
youtube.com/watch?v=n4HdKbbqHjo
youtube.com/watch?v=gqSLirbFtd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So what is your definition of evidence? Is it an idea or should it be tangible?

Why do you need evidence for this topic in particular?
I think you probably don't feel like you need evidence for most of the other modern scientific paradigms around today and are interested in this one in particular for religious motivations.

>Why do you need evidence for this topic?

exactly. science works better without evidence.

I'm not saying science shouldn't have evidence, I'm asking why you're posting here looking for evidence on this topic in particular.
This is an anime website, not an academic press. My asking you this question isn't suppressing evidence based science.

i'm a logical person and i've been trying to study this theory but i'm too much of a lazy piece of shit to look for articles or read books about it so i took the easy way in by asking you guys because A most of you know/like the stuff that i know/like and B a lot of you are here because you either know stuff or have questions
and i personally only believe something if it has evidence hence why i don't believe in religions
mostly tangible evidence but any logical ideas with possibilities of being true are allowed

I believe in Evolution because it's true. I'm not lazy.
Only a small percentage of dead animals fossilize but there are enough remains to trace the complete lineage of many species.
Quite a lot of horses, for example. They used to be small and had individual toes. Now they're large and all but the central toe (or hoof) are vestigial. (But they're still there.)

Evolution occurs even over short periods. When England burned coal, white butterflies were gradually out-reproduced by dark colored ones which were harder to see against sooty tree trunks and, so, stood a better chance of eluding predators.
Now that burning coal is largely outlawed in England, the butterflies are turning white again because now THEY are more likely to survive.

If you don't want to read, watch "Your Inner Fish" pbs.org/your-inner-fish/watch/ Excellent (and entertaining) series.

There's also proof from molecular biology.
There is NO (NADA, ZERO) evidence in favor of "Intelligent Design" (which is what Fundamentalists call "Creationism" when they're trying to hide that they're actually preaching religion.)

the mosquitoes are still mosquitoes

read a book nigger

Okay evidence it is?

Get some bacteria, any type works but non-pathogenic E. coli is good.
Get some antibiotics and some pour a large plate consisting of several different media with the antibiotic concentration going from 0 to 1000 mg/L
Plate the antibiotic susceptible bacteria on the 0 mg/L plate
Watch as the bacteria evolves and slowly manages to to get into higher and higher concentrations of antibiotic.

or you could watch this video
youtube.com/watch?v=plVk4NVIUh8

Thanks for posting this

watch as they evolve into remaining the same species

Cool how did they do that? Random mutation and genetic drift with selective pressures allowing for preferential growth. Now if only there were a word that was made to specifically describe such a process. Oh well I guess we will just have to pioneer the field of " Random mutation and genetic drift with selective pressures allowing for preferential growth".

>Random mutation and genetic drift with selective pressures

Proof of this claim?

How do you think the bacteria managed to develop mechanisms to handle novel antibiotics that there is no possible way for them to have interacted with before?

More so we can calculate the likelihood of specific protein read and write errors in DNA replication and transcription. On top of that the effect of environmental factors such as mutagens or UV light can be quantified. Finally genetic drift is literally just mathematics applied to semi-random systems of inheritance. It's also part of the reason why extinction vortex's can be so scary.

What do roots in plants do?

Respond to known cues within the soil and various senses such as gravity, temperature, and light. In long term responses for drought and the like epigenetic factors can activate and be used to alter gene profile expression.

Regardless all you did was move a goalpost. We have a very well characterized model of evolution and you have nothing to say about that?

Can you show DNA transcription actually happening as the illustrations show?

Yes, you need more knowledge to understand why but in simple terms we have two types of proof.

One is through the protein structures and measuring catalytic rates and binding affinities for substrates. This involves a lot of taking spectra after making small changes and measuring with a nanodrop or some such how much DNA there is. We have perfected this in the form of PCR (polymerase chain reaction) otherwise known as the only reason we can use DNA in forensics without literal pints of fresh blood.

Second is through visual confirmation and confirmation of experimental results through computational methods such as molecular dynamics and simulations of quantum mechanical reactions. Actually some cool stuff with how the double nick in DNA is coordinated through quantum entanglement. There is also several really awesome videos that are taken f the process using super advanced optical techniques I can't even begin to explain.

It definitely doesn't look like the illustrations in the book but the mechanisms are essentially the same and those are what matter with regards to forming hypothesizes. Nailing down the exact frame by frame result is what a bunch of people do every day for a whole slew of proteins and biological processes of which DNA transcription is only one.

After just one mutation. What about thousands more?

Are machines doing all the work and therefore you cannot observe exactly what's going on?

newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
humansarefree.com/2017/09/fossilised-giant-footprints-discovered.html
blog.world-mysteries.com/ancient-writings/tolkiens-middle-earth-true-history

yah nigger they lied
youtube.com/watch?v=n4HdKbbqHjo
youtube.com/watch?v=gqSLirbFtd0

read the fucking wikipedia page you mongoloid brainlet. don't ask for evidence for "the theory" if you don't understand "the theory", even on a highly simplified level.

Look in the mirror

Are your eyes doing all the wok and therefore you cannot observe exactly what's going on? What are you a first year philosophy major or something? Perception is not reality.

You do not know nearly enough for me to describe in detail how they do these things and test them. Take a couple biology, physics and chemistry classes. Then read up on some papers and come back when you understand what sort of things you are asking.

Evidence supported by tests and observance: natural selection.

Evidence supported by facts: the deeper you dig for fossils, the simpler the creatures get, dig even deeper and you find no creatures and only plants. This supports our understanding that simple creatures can evolve into complex beings.