Are there any living contemporary Russian authors worth reading?

Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

dalkeyarchive.com/product/eleven-prague-corpses-2/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Viktor Pelegin

Probably spelled that wrong but he has a book about insects (fiction) which is pretty neat at times.

You know the answer, globalist

It's Pelevin and he ranges from slightly above mediocre to shit.

Alexievich, Prilepin, Shishkin, Sorokin, Vodolazkin, Ulitskaya

Eduard Limonov

Read a book by Sorokin ("Telluria") a while ago and it was generally entertaining, though stylistically it seemed rather amateurish. Might’ve been on purpose or might’ve been the translation. Anyways, it’s definitely original.

Gogol. He lives forever in my heart.

Try Dovlatov. He's not exactly contemporary, but fairly modern and excellent. Also completely unknown to local plebs.

Andrei Bitov

Pelevin's Sacred Book of the Werewolf was great, don't listen to the haters

Sorokin's Ice Trilogy

he's memed by kikes for no reason at all except that he was a fellow kike.
plus he was a gulag guard, absolute scum.

Bиктop Oлeгoвич, зaлoгиньтecь.

>for no reason at all
He's got a lot of nice pieces.
>a gulag guard, absolute scum
Being a prison guard doesn't make a person scum.
>kikes
You might feel more at home in /pol/ or other boards for mentally challenged teenagers.

Kirill Kobrin. The only thing of his I can find in either English or French is this collection (dalkeyarchive.com/product/eleven-prague-corpses-2/) called Eleven Prague Corpses. Name dropping cringe aside, his stories end up like a splicing of Borges, Chesterton, and Lem. The publisher summary:

Prague is a place where murders happen, and it takes an English-speaking Russian expat with a strong antipathy for the city and its inhabitants to solve the mystery . . . or maybe not. As the plots thicken, the two narrators of Kirill Kobrin’s ten short stories gradually merge into a single hazy, undefined personality, characterized by a passion for logical reasoning, which leads to the identification of the culprit; except that the laboriously constructed murder narrative may stand or fall on a typo, and the mentally satisfying conclusion may or may not have much to do with reality . . .

>He's got a lot of nice pieces.
collected tweet banality

>Being a prison guard doesn't make a person scum.
only ideologically fortified persons were put in such functions. you wouldnt recommend books by german concentration camp guards except as case study of banality of evil or something.

>You might feel more at home in /pol/ or other boards for mentally challenged teenagers.
aka stop noticing patterns

The Art of the Deal and Crippled America are by a man controlled by Russians.

Chomsky

>collected tweet banality
Your opinion. Most readers and critics throughout history disagree with you.
>only ideologically fortified persons were put in such functions
No, they weren't. This wasn't the Stalin Terror times, you absolute retard. Most prison guards were completely ordinary citizens coming in through mandatory conscription, much like Dovlatov after getting expelled from uni. Your idiotic ramblings only show you have little to no factual knowledge on topic and base this whole polemic on some unsubstantiated fantasies. Moreover it's quite obvious you haven't even read Dovlatov's own reflections on his time in prison in 'Zona', incidentally one of his better known works for which he is highly revered. I'd suggest you actually read and educate yourself instead of autistically shitposting and making a fool of yourself.
>aka stop noticing patterns
A.k.a. go be an edgy ignorant fuck somewhere else.

>gulags turned into prisons the day after stalin died, he was just a prison guard mhkay
nigga plz

>he was expelled from uni
not every dropout is a dissident. and not every soviet jew arriving in usa was a dissident.

what did he write in zona that makes me look like a fool? plz tell me.

NazBol means Love, user.

+1

btw limonow also thinks dovlatov was a lightweight

>sincerely argues about an author having not read his major works
>prove my shitty unsubstantiated opinion wrong
How about no. Again, this isn't /pol/, sweetie. Read then discuss with arguments, not with your rudimentary ideas of historical political landscape and edgy conjectures.

Limonov has disdain for almost everyone he comes in contact with

>i havent read this one book
>therefore i cant judge him based on other books and what i generally know about events in his life
ok. surely, new york had good objective reasons to name a street after a gulag guard and it isnt another tribalist inside joke.

Bayan Shiryanov of course.

not really he praised other authors he knew personally. dovlatov is a weakass meme-author, deal with it.

>he wuz da filthy joo
Yeah, I got your intricate critique of his art, laddie.

I'm not the guy you were arguing with about dovlatov

>hasn't read the book which explicitly describes, deals with and condemns the atrocities and tyranny of Soviet camp system
>hurr the author was definitely a gubment sympathizer and a literal inhuman nazi KZ guard-tier scum
oткyдa жe тaкиe дoлбoёбы бepyтcя

You mean the book "Limonov - A hero of our time" by E.Carrere?

>he guarded gulags but condemned them
>he distributed chocolate, saved thousands of lives
>only new york marxists remember him, sad

>only new york marxists remember him
Taк вooбщe oн вхoдит в шкoльнyю пpoгpaммy, нo я пoнимaю чтo этo нe aктyaльнo для людeй нe зaкoнчивших дeвятый клacc.

You mean the book "Limonov - A hero of our time" by E.Carrere?

Anyone knows Бopмop Пётp? I found Игpы дeмиypгoв in my collection of practice-stuff for Russian and I have no idea how it ended up there, but I'm slowly reading it with a dictionary and it is good.

>he guarded gulags but condemned them
Assigned as part of mandatory military draft, cretin. This wasn't volunteering or work-for-hire. Just fuck off back to your shithole already, it's annoying to be reminded people this stupid exist.

never trust a writer who ends up guarding concentration camps instead of ending up inside them. simple heuristic, besides it's already relentlessly used against anyone who isn't a commie.

Oh, he was just following orders. I guess that's a perfectly valid excuse.

What do you mean by trusting a writer?

na porashy --

what do you mean by "you"?

Yes, it is. Draft dodging was 3-10 years of high security back then. Besides your relentless imblyign completely disregards that being a guard in a Soviet prison camp was little better than being an inmate.

Seriously, you think he is trying to trick you somehow or what? You either like the writing or not.

Don't bother. It's your basic contrarian 'gas da jooz' poltard.

it's not an autonomous game with words outside postmodern genres.

>moral and ethical standards don't apply when they might be hard to follow

So? Is Dovlatov underestimating the horrors of prison? I still don't see your point.

>being a prison guard is unethical
>an autist arguing for pointless self-sacrifice from his neet cave
never gets old

only living contemporary Russian author worth reading

Cool may may :DDD XD

witness accounts of perpetrators are too unreliable.
and people dont become guards if nobody has confidence in them.

I take that to mean you have a very negative opinion of Бopмop Пётp? Can you please explain?

I have read Blizzard recently and I can second everything the poster said.

No, it's just a 13 year old letting us know he can recognize Cyrillic script.

Gorchev is good. But untranslated and died recently.

Dugin is unironically interesting to read though, the little translated bits i've seen have been fun

Bumbing so I can read when I get Home. Please do not die Mr. thread.

To be honest, this was a very promising thread - but at the moment it has produced very little of interest. I hope it will be better when you get home.

Sasha Sokolov. No books for last 30 years, but he's still
> living

How can one translate him is a big question, though.