Which video games had a positive impact on your learning & development?

Getting to diamond league in Starcraft 2 at the age of 16 in 2011 was honestly the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

Standardised exams, engineering bachelors and full time employment have paled in comparison to what I experienced on EU ladder as a Zerg.

Which video games do you think had a positive impact on your learning & development?

Paper Mario for the N64 taught me how to read a an advanced level. I was really young and I could read but not very well. I spent a summer playing paper mario and trying to beat it, since it is an RPG there was a lot of reading and a lot of challenging words for a kid. Me and my friends figured it out or looked up words and beat the game. Went from bottom of the class to the top next year in reading.

There aren't really any games that I actually learned anything from but there are many that inspired me to get into STEM, mostly science fiction oriented games. Chrono Trigger (Lucca and ROBO), Resident Evil 1-4, the xenosaga series, MYST, and both Parasite Eve games, to name a few. If it weren't for video games and anime, I probably never would have even considered being an engineer.

Only game that taught me anything was WoW. They are a waste of time.

Wow you must be a real brainlet. I got high masters when I was 14 in 2011 also. Literally the only thing it takes to rank up in sc2 is the patiance to play. Also before you ask, I was on EU aswell.

I learned from runescape where bronze comes from

Runescape taught me basic economics and to not trust strangers

TERRARIA AND MINECRAFT!

WITHOUT THE WIKI

these kind of games are really creative and have a combination to unlock new iteam with semi-realostoc stuff.

if you combine the sciwnce from the real wrold and focus it on the algorithim behind the jaba . then youll undersrand in the real world why the jews and goys love shekes, etc wrc rabbit holes erc etc

this.

Yet you don't know how to write or spell even in a remotely correct way. Really makes you think.

maplestory taught me how to be a jew. buy low sell high and wait for fads to come to exploit suckers and Keep some stock for when the event ends to resell it at higher mark up.

The asassins creed games gave me a new appreication for rennaisance europe. Kind of neat to be able to wander around the city with crowds of people and then find ways to push them off bridges and ledges.

This so much

Probably a savant

That's pretty cool
What's your myers-briggs cognitive type? I wonder if some types have a better disposition towards starcraft

Lego helped me a lot, GT3 might have helped a little

Buying gf

The Talos Principle

I'm a Pisces, and you?

This, also The Witness taught me how to analyze a premise and find the method of solution quickly which is really helpful in math.

Also, all the Zachtronics games. Learning logistical organization is easy, but learning how to pack it into a limited space is hard. Specifically Spacechem and TIS 100 taught me how to optimize my solutions to problems, and how to exploit the faults in a system to my benefit.

dice wars
tetris
cursor invisible

>Which video games had a positive impact on your learning & development?
none. I spent way too much time playing and not enough time studying.
I used to play till late at night then wake up in the morning tired and unable to concentrate in class. Video games are a waste of life

Mega Man, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, and Parasite Eve

I played lots of handheld games when I was a kid (gb color, GBA) and lots of SNES/N64/Gamecube games. Before the gamecube, pretty much every game used writing extensively to tell their story, and I learned how to read well above my class from constantly gaming. I would play pokemon and talk to every single person in the world. I had a weird obsession with reading every dialogue box in the game.

When I got into my teens I started playing a lot of strategy games. My first one was Total Annihilation, and I moved on to games like Civilization and Company of Heroes. While I certainly binged too much, and could have been doing more productive activities, I did at least learn to engage my brain for high-level complex thinking. This was while all my contemporaries started smoking weed every day, drinking profusely, and abusing pills. Most of the people who abused pills in high school are addicted to heroin now.

>thanks for reading my blog, don't 4get 2 like and subscribe