Ending was a bit weak no?

ending was a bit weak no?

It's a shit book shilled by redditors.
>muh violence makes things cool dead babies awesome!!!

There is nothing "cool" about the violence in that book though.

no.

No, the ending was great. You must not have understood it.

maybe

how did you interpret it?

There's nothing cool about that book, period.

the kid is pretty cool

That's quite literally the opposite of what the book is saying, you dimwit

The judge is cool tho
>he krazy
>he smart
>he manly
>he has arguments and shieeet

>reddit
>central figure is a literal fedora tipper
checks out

>ending was a bit weak no?
Not at all.

>they shot a bear
>the little girl cried
>they all danced
>the judge will never die
>the kid spat

whatever

I've only read the Road. Is his other stuff worth reading? The Road was awful.

>The Road was awful

how can people actually think this?

the ending was the best part

Not him, but the unrelentingly dismal landscape and large periods of walking and thinking can definitely be a put-off.

The contrarians on this board that hate blood meridian are just that.

Is the judge being the devil a widely held theory? or am i looking too deep. the ending seems to confirm it for me.

because it is complete garbage

>dismal landscape and large periods of walking
>contrarians on this board that hate blood meridian
How can you point out the landscape and large periods of walking in The Road, and then say that people who hate Blood Meridian are contrarians?

he's dancin, dancin

>the judge will never die
>the kid spat
I don't think you understand

Seems pretty natural conclusion desu, or at least some sort of evil. I remember reading somewhere about his need to catalog existence, "whatever exists without my knowledge, exists without my approval" as a sign of a different kind of philosophical evil, but I forgot what exactly the critique was.

forget the ending, what did you think of the epilogue?

this. anyone who defends it is a transplant

the whole book was weak

there is nothing "cool" about the book period

Anyone remember a time on Veeky Forums when we communicated in more than just empty lowercase sentences? Just me?

reader-as-spectator-and-willing-participant in the "debasement" and violence inflicted upon the world

Man-as-unconscious-victim of the Demiurge's higher dimensional influence on the world

Man as a symptom of a world in constant chaos

The kid got raped by the Judge in the outhouse by the end of the book he didn't mind (the reader got raped by McCarthy's villain but didn't mind)

ye

Corn Cobb yecarthy mcmemester

Scat play and dismemberment are no weak thing, to be desu. Plus all that dancing, dancing--let's just say he wasn't very graceful, the Judge.

You are the only person I have ever seen on this board think otherwise.

The entire novel after the indian attack is a huge hunt, and then a running battle, punctuated by the Judge waxing philosophic and raping. It is almost unrelentingly exciting. The road has huge periods of inaction, and aside from some cannibals, most of the action revolves around finding a can of soup.

the only mcmemester here is you.

maybe
and
too.

Son?

Yes, pa?

Tortillas are like the grotesqueries of some great flour marionette kneaded in the furnace of a canyon we know not. He spat.

Ye.

>Suppose two men at cards with nothing to wager save their lives. Who has not heard such a tale? A turn of the card. The whole universe for such a player has labored clanking to this moment which will tell if he is to die at that man’s hand or that man at his. What more certain validation of a man’s worth could there be? This enhancement of the game to its ultimate state admits no argument concerning the notion of fate. The selection of one man over another is a preference absolute and irrevocable and it is a dull man indeed who could reckon so profound a decision without agency or significance either one. In such games as have for their stake the annihilation of the defeated the decisions are quite clear. This man holding this particular arrangement of cards in his hand is thereby removed from existence. This is the nature of war, whose stake is at once the game and the authority and the justification. Seen so, war is the truest form of divination. It is the testing of one’s will and the will of another within that larger will which because it binds them is therefore forced to select. War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god.

The tortilla meme is a badge of shitposting, nothing more.

Nobody says the violence is cool though. Most people who have read it admit that the violence is devastating.

I don't think so, OP.

A tortilla he said is like a flat circle.

ending was entirely trite. the whole book was a bit banal in themes and motives. a lot of fedora tipping-tier angst.

excellent depictions of scenery though. the highlight of the book for sure.

thoroughly mediocre otherwise.

kinda this desu.

there's nothing deep or insightful or compelling about any of this. everyone understood it, it's just not particularly exciting.

>a huge hunt, and then a running battle
>almost unrelentingly exciting
>the Judge waxing philosophic and raping
I honestly think are misremembering. How long has it been since you read Blood Meridian?
I love Blood Meridian but a lot of it is boring.

>Blood Meridian
>angst

Do you even know what the word means my man? Also I am getting the feeling that a lot of you are overlooking the historical elements of the novel.

That's nice, thanks for sharing. I should have read this more intently in high school

>expecting legitimate discourse on the 37th blood meme thread of the week

>cherrypicking this hard
>its still not good
>its exactly the same as Antoin's coinflip

historical elements dont really matter to me. im well aware of the historical story in any case.

>angst
>a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.

pretty much BM in a nutshell

>pervasive violence manifested in the american west/mexico
>dread for the chaos and decay of the natural world
>the silence of god leading to the creation of characters like the judge to fill the void

again i didnt really -hate- the book, but it was pretty average. the dialogue was insufferable (ye memes are real)

>the whole book was a bit banal in themes and motives
Well considering that in that regard it models itself after Moby Dick I think there is something wrong with what you have said. You may not like the book or the way those themes are explored/presented but that doesn't make the themes themselves banal.

it's middling moby dick and paradise lost fanfiction

it does nothing new with the themes explored in depth in pl/md except setting it in corncob tortilla land, and for that it's banal.

>reading for plot

>dread
I didn't really get any dread honestly. Much more of an embrace of the decay in my opinion and from there it becomes a question of whether or not man is inherently desolate.

You didn't address the point. That doesn't make the themes banal, it makes the expression of them banal.

BM has gotten so universally beloved that people here now claim they always hated it so they can seem cool and like outsiders. Literally the ITAOTS of Veeky Forums

BM is hardly universally beloved.

>reader-as-spectator-and-willing-participant in the "debasement" and violence inflicted upon the world
You can say literally any book happens because you keep on reading, that's autism.
>he kid got raped by the Judge in the outhouse by the end of the book he didn't mind (the reader got raped by McCarthy's villain but didn't mind)
Ey does someone have that pasta?

from a story telling perspective kinda but from a literary perspective not really