Bigots btfo

Bigots btfo

sex =/= gender
psychology =/= science & math

>psychology doesn't exist

>sex =/= gender

Why not?

no it doesn't, everything is physical

Because a bunch of psychologists said so and they're more knowledgeable about the topic then anyone on this board.

The number one way to invalidate anything you'll ever have to say for the rest of your life is "there are more than two genders"

Because they describe two different things.

What does gender describe?

>Brainlet detected
That's like saying physics doesn't exist because everything is mathematical

A collection of psychological and social traits.

Daily reminder that gender is a social construct.

This, there is no such thing as gender, only sex.

Liberals confuse personality for gender
I see no reason for gender to describe something other than sex except for transGENDERS

Could you be more specific? That's an awfully broad statement. Since it's supposed to be describing something, how would one measure those traits, being psychological and social. Does you gender keep changing throughout your life? Are certain genders unpreferable?

Laws are a social construct too. I'd love to see someone in a courtroom try and argue that the laws they broke aren't real.

What about the masculine gender ? Pretty sure it exists

aka nothing

everything is a social construct, genius. science, math, ...

>Liberals confuse personality for gender
What? What does a political view have to do with anything?

>I see no reason for gender to describe something other than sex except for transGENDERS
So? Other people do need to use those words separately, because they're talking about two distinct things.

>Could you be more specific?
No, because I'm not a psychologist.

>Since it's supposed to be describing something, how would one measure those traits, being psychological and social.
Measuring the psychological traits would be pretty easy, most of it would come up fairly clearly in a survey. Measuring the social elements would be harder, maybe you could put together some kind of interaction game?

>Does you gender keep changing throughout your life?
Not as far as I'm aware.

>Are certain genders unpreferable?
Unpreferable to who?

>What's gender?
>this and that
>Can you explain?
>no
you're a retard

>No, because I'm not a psychologist

>As a geneticist
>you're all stupid
>I'm right

I'm seeing a lot of this with regards to these kinds of debates

Brainlets who think their piece of paper certifying their completion of a useless, rote degree and thinking they can disqualify criticism on that note rather than addressing meritable arguments

"Psychologists" have thought a lot of dumb things over the decades because they have a foundation of sand to build their assumptions off of

The "transsexual" thing is basically a mockery of empiricism

ill help him out.
gender is what you feel.
sex is what you have.

Sex describes what you are.
Gender describes what you claim to be, hence it is only useful to detect a possible mental illness.

I don't understand why literally zero liberals understand "exceptions that prove the rule".

>The "transsexual" thing is basically a mockery of empiricism
...How?

>I don't understand why literally zero liberals understand "exceptions that prove the rule".
Because it's a shitty saying. If there are exceptions, your description is incomplete.

God damn it, if your going to argue about this at least get the terminology right, pic related explains it.

>What? What does a political view have to do with anything?
Because they are the ones pushing this whole thing

>So? Other people do need to use those words separately, because they're talking about two distinct things.
Why? Why would we need to differentiate sex and gender for all cases except for transgenders?

>Because it's a shitty saying.
Have a Merry Christmas! Neck yourself tomorrow.

>Don't get me started on other species
Wat

Well, your social and psychological traits often change during your lifetime. Also many people would consider antisocial traits, in both social and psychological sense, to be unpreferable traits. If gender is a way of describing people based on the above mentioned traits, it would make sense for there to unpreferable genders, unless this gender description is limited to some subsets of social and psychological traits.

Like someone already said, this is kinda going in the direction of personality. Why not use the rich concept of personality to describe these things instead? Why make up pointless new terminology when we've always had the short and spot-on "Stupid asshole" -personality that fits all of these people. I fail to see the point.

>Because they are the ones pushing this whole thing
Pushing what whole thing?

>Why would we need to differentiate sex and gender
Because they refer to different things.

What the fuck is "gender identity" a slider?
How the fuck is "gender expression" different from personality
Why the fuck is biological sex a slider?
Why the fuck is attracted to a slider how does your sexual attraction change anything?

What a shit propaganda image

>It's a bit of this, it's a dash of that
>that we haven't defined whatsoever from a biological basis other than "must be hormones and other stuff"

So it's nothing

We all know what masculinity and feminity are, and those concepts precede the modern insistence that they determine your actual gender. There have always been feminine men and masculine women. But they were still men and women because that is what you are born with.

Not this bizarre idea of cutting yourself up and pumping yourself with hormones and playing dress up to try to fulfill the charicature of what you believe "man" and "woman" to be in your head.

>Pushing what whole thing
That sex and gender are different and sometimes that sex is a social construct

>Because they refer to different things
Why should they be different and how are they different? It's just personality.

>I'm a girl now!
>Yes I am, you can't prove otherwise
>But, you have a penis, look, your sex is listed right here as male
>S-so, just because my sex is male doest mean I can't Be a girl, my, uh, gender is girl
>but gender is sex
>No it isn't
>Yes it is
>No it isn't
>It's different
>Then what the fuck is gender
> It's, uh what you feel you are
years later
>OMG gender and sex is like 2 completely different things how can you even suggest it's the same?

'gender' now just means 'personality' btw for people who can't keep up.

only post anyone needs to read in this thread, honestly. that geneticist is being deliberately misleading.

Technically sex can be a slider since there are a spectrum of ways a fetus can fuck up and keep a piece of a uterus along with 1 testicle and micropenis or some other combination, but in healthy people, it's not. And I agree, it's just fucking personality, and all the sexualities are just names of things everyone feels a bit, or is some sort of fetish. have you ever met someone who isn't at least part demisexual (find someone attractive if you like their personality),

I don't see your point but for all special snowflakes who support 6 gorillion genders their gender is just their personality

Gender is how you present yourself but it isn't for you to decide. If you look like a female then people will see your gender as female even if your sex is male. But if you look like a man and people think you're a man then your gender to them is male and you can want what you want.

Yeah, technically you could go and do that for the >0.1% of population, but it just makes way more sense to straight out state them to be abnormalities. It's not like anyone is trying to claim that the number of fingers we have is a spectrum because some people are born with more/less than 5 in each hand. Not to mention that it's way more common than intersexual defects.

>That sex and gender are different
I think you're fundamentally confused about this.
Sex and gender are different because people use them to refer to distinct things - that's how language works.

>Why should they be different
Because it's useful (in some cases) to discuss psychological and physical traits distinctly, without having them lumped together into a broad category.
Especially when they don't always line up.

>It's just personality.
So? Lots of things we have words for are part of "just personality". That doesn't make those words pointless.

Please state your nonabstract definition of gender. No ambiguity.

Why? I'm not a psychologist, so the best I could do is quote a definition out of a dictionary at you.
Is this supposed to demonstrate something?

It's pretty obvious to the above poster that you're saying everybody is wrong but refusing to say anything that said poster can then say is wrong about you. It's the equivalent of somebody walking into a room, saying everyone there is wrong and then leaving without saying what is right.

Your sole argument is that it's good to have words of separate meaning because it's easier to communicate. Having gender mean something different than sex serves little purpose and provides almost no bonus flexibility except the case when you're refering to transgenders.

Also this

>except for transGENDERS
What about Apache Attack Helicopter?

>biology doesn't exist because everything is physio-chemical

>Your sole argument is that it's good to have words of separate meaning because it's easier to communicate.
Sure.

>Having gender mean something different than sex serves little purpose and provides almost no bonus flexibility except the case when you're refering to transgenders.
The distinction matters in some cases, but not in most. So what?

Great, that's what I said. Gender should be the same thing as sex except when talking about transgenders.

Okay guys, let's level

There are two sexes, and you require gametes from both sexes to make a zygote. Sometimes people have morphology that doesn't operate as it should, and you get intersexed people and other problems.

But people are more complicated than that. What sex cells you produce are not the sole decider of whether or not you like child-bearing hips and hourglass figures, tits, long hair, small or large frame, soft features or hard, soft or deep voices, muscles, assertiveness or passiveness, dominance or submission, and any other potentially attractive trait you can imagine. These all correlate with what genes you have and how your body expresses them. If you think people all express the exact same repertoires and numbers of enzymes, receptors and transmitters then you literally know nothing about biology. They vary between people and they result in varied outcomes.

This is the same reason your doctor asks about your family history, takes your vitals and measures your stats before prescribing you medicine. Not everyone responds the same way because there is no universal case.

Put every preference on a cumulative spectrum and you find some people might exhibit traits more canonical with one sex or the other. That's all they're saying. Maybe you can disagree with how it's packaged and discussed, but if you can't wrap your head around the concept I recommend you go take Bio 101 at your local CC.

So this nu-gender stuff is just newtalk for pre-existing personality stuff that we've known for many a millenia, and the people advocating this gender revolution are just mentally ill people and sodomites trying to normalize mental illness and sexual fetishes for political goals.

It stems from a desperate desire for attention and social status, but otherwise yes.

If that's your interpretation, yeah. But mental illness is also a social construct.

You're right in that it's not a new topic, but rather one we've grown to understand at a deeper, mechanistic level. But, you're basically saying it in the most retarded way possible.

"Mentally Ill" is this catch-phrase that people who understand nothing about mental disorder like to throw around. "He thinks he's a girl ... clearly delusional! must be crazy!" It's like these people think there's a correlation between gender issues and Schizophrenia. Last time I looked, psychosis was characterized by things like overactive Dopamine transmission, not shit like Androgen receptors.

The whole "gender revolution" is just people who have messy genetics (and face it, every last human does), and they get treated by shit by know-nothings who validate being assholes based on their fear of things that are different. The people who feel cornered as a result in turn act out, and we just get an escalation of retardation merely because some asshole was freaked out by a soyboy. They wouldn't have to act out if people were less shitty to them, and it wouldn't have to be political if we derived our morality from something more sophisticated than our intuition. Whatever anecdotes highlighted in blogs about pedophiles are not representative of the whole, and the inability to judge the individual on the actions of that individual is antithetical to logic and justice.

Evolutionarily speaking, fear of the unknown could have been a trait that led to reproductive success, because being suspicious of someone alien to your tribe of 100 people probably prevented them from murdering you and taking your shit. So, it makes sense why some people don't want to just accept it, and find appeal in justifying their treatment by claiming it's somehow associated with higher morality or whatever bullshit. But, I can't condone it.

in that case my gender is you're a faggot

>I DEFINE WHAT GENDER IS AND NO ONE ELSE
Calm down, kid, you're making you mommy worried

go ahead and try to define your made up gender nonsense then, faggot

Just google it, retard

In case you are not able to, here, I did it for you:
>the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex

gender is more than just cultural social shit

lol pathetic fuck he just stated his opinion

>pretending the 9472 genders are equal categories when actually the 99.9% of the population its in 2

Gender "theory" is a fucking mess, better to say there are only 2 genders and treat everything else as an anomaly

>"gender has nothing to do with sex"
>then what's gender?
>"everything that has to do with sex"
you're a colossal moron

One is based on physiology and the other is based on behavior.

>Pretending gender suddenly means something other than what it has meant for the last thousand years: SEX.
You pieces of shit played this same game with "racism," too, pretending we all agreed that it was never something white could experience even though we are more discriminated against than any other race on earth.
Go fuck yourself.

>he just stated his opinion
Yeah, we've all seen how fucking tolerant you libtards are of anyone expressing an opinion YOU don't agree with.

Only people itt who know what theyre talking about.

nigger what the fuck are you talking about?

Actually I think gender don't even exist. And of course I'm not a sjw. I mean, we can only be determined by our sex, and the thinks that "determined" our gender are only stereotypical conducts that doesn't have a real existence in our genes.

but not everything is mathematical you fucking brainlet

t. mathematician

so it's basically sex? and is determined by sex? nice.

>gender doesn't exist
>>nuh uh it totally does gender is *this*
>hmm that doesn't seem right, can you elaborate on why you think i'm wrong?
>>NO I'M NOT AN EXPERT WHAT DO YOU THINK I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT OR SOMETHING?
flawless

>Because it's a shitty saying.
uh found the liberal i guess? it's really not a hard concept to grasp

>He thinks he's a girl
>somehow he isn't delusional or crazy
wanna go ahead and explain this to me?
while you're at it, explain to me how people who want to amputate their perfectly functional and healthy limbs because they believe they "aren't human" or similar aren't mentally ill either

>Because in other animals male and female aren't determined by another homologous pair of chromosomes.
I really hate these fucking Jews.

>everything is a social construct
try telling a bear that is about to eat you that his hunger for your flesh is a social construct or that your fear of being eaten is one.

Idiots, bears don't believe in social constructs. I've tried countless times to explain it to them and they just growl. Maybe next time get some real world experience before you open your fat retarded mouth.

Sorry I didn't know bears don't speak English :(

Yeah I think it's just cause he tried to pick up bears at the gay clubs in mexico instead of the US. The bears here are pretty open for talking

Gender is, whether you like it or not, a social construct like human rights. Gender only exists because people have defined it to exist, unlike sex which exists whether you are aware of it or not. Ie. an African tribesman knows what his sex is but isn't aware of the concept of gender, just like he isn't aware of human rights

then:
gender == sex
now:
gender =/= sex
Durrrr

I actually read the other day that in certain species of lizard, an xy specimen can become a fully functional female depending on how much heat it is exposed to while still in the egg.

l2read

There are a variety of complex organisms that can change their sex, primates are not one of them.

are you not aware that the meaning of words changes with time?

that's some great advice you're giving yourself, i'm glad you wrote it down so you wouldn't forget

Sex = gender

Male = XY

Female = XX

Everything else = disease

Gender is not a social construct

this bland appeal to expertise has to stop, there's no science in defining a word

who am I kidding, this thread is funded by George Soros anyway

>Gender is not a social construct
People have defined it to be. You are not the final authority on the English language

Oh, are the goalposts over there now?

You're making it out to be purely an issue of semantics. But gender would exist as a concept regardless of whether we even had a word for it.

>Retards have defined it to be. Luckily, dictionary editors don't conform to retadism.
Ftfy

Not really, transsexuals have existed throughout history but the idea of gender fluidity, etc, exists only as a modern meme.

Modern dictionaries have already adopted the new meaning of gender, a dictionary is nothing but a reference book that mirrors society. Unlike Spanish, Korean or countries with an 'academy' in charge of defining the language, English is mutated by all its speakers

>lolpansexual

>Not really, transsexuals have existed throughout history but the idea of gender fluidity, etc, exists only as a modern meme.
That's not what I'm talking about. I mean the way certain traits, activities, clothes, colours, etc. are divided into masculine or feminine, or neither. This, too, has existed throughout history.

I don't see why you would look to lizards for a comparison to humans it seems retarded. If I was convinced the world would be better off without hippos and desired to rid the world of them, would I use for evidence to support such a notion by pointing out how much nicer life is without hippos in France or should I say there are no hippos on Jupiter and it's doing just fine. You picked Jupiter by choosing lizards and I was merely pointing out that such a statement is ridiculous.

I don't think you quite follow this conversation to begin with.

I don't think you understand what you're talking about friend. If you require assistance please ask.

>Bigots

You people are so stupid that you've rendered a formerly powerful word down to nearly ineffectual meaninglessness.

in addition to chopping your dicks off

I understand what I'm talking about. I don't understand what you're talking about because it appears to be something else. You don't seem to understand the difference.

It's interesting how he is only trying to muddy the waters. Not argue that sex =/= gender. If he's a geneticist he should stfu about gender like this guy says. Stick to sex, instead of making this retarded exception to defect by arguing semantics: WELL LESS THAN 1% OF THE POPULATION HAS RARE CHROMOSOME DEFECTS

And just by operating in the system of male and female genders is sexist if we're talking in this 'gender identity' bullshit ideology. If you say you identify as the 'male' gender that offends me. What you are saying is that you are conflating being male/masculinity with certain traits such as strength, power, having a penis, having body hair. Well that offends me because it's sexist that you think a male cannot have a vagina and be feminine. Kill all white people

as a geneticist, he's a retard.
sex and sex chromosomes have lots of influence on gender