How to help?

My little brother is a junior in highschool and taking honors algebra 2.

He says he gets extremely bored in the class and isn't intellectually challenged. He's also in AP CSA and AP Physics, which he says are both extremely easy.

What are some resources to challenge him, mentally? I want to see future Veeky Forumsentists blossom.

Why don't you tell your little brother to come here and ask for himself. But obviously he has to pretend he is 18+ so tell him he should say that he is asking for his little brother.

What motivates your brother? Is interested in fame or money? Where does he want to be at 25?

Made my brian freeze for a split second

I don't see him (You) solving triple integrals or developing unified field theories, boyo.

Literally just buy/borrow him a college-level book.

Tell him to solve the abc conjecture

Lots of moving parts in a thread that isn't going anywhere yet

can we talk about UFT now? can that be what this thread is about. please.

he says he wants to either trade stocks or be an investment banker

For that the only skill he needs is being born rich to get into the good fraternities in college. Nothing else really matters. That handshake decides everything.

Was he born rich? Tell him: great!

Two of my friends from computer science are going into that once they graduate this year and one of them has a 3.9 GPA. When he hits uni he should go into CS. If research takes up his interest then that'll be what he does but you can't force someone into research. Research ends up being something that finds you and going into it is a huge financial commitment. A lot of it come down to "how much do you want to nitpick one specific thing".

>challenge him mentally
you should give him advice yourself, you're clearly mentally challenged

I wouldn't agree with that. Being born connected helps more than just about anything else but traders don't out compete each other by only hiring their friend's kids. Rich people don't become richer by exclusivity doing what poor people think they do.

keke

Why dont you explain to him how to be mentally challenged? You seem to have experience.

Disgusting, what a waste of potential.

See if your area has online classes available. Florida has an online system thats free that has AP classes so I took extra.
If thats possible, have him take all the APs: history, psych, art history, calc, govt and whatever. Not only will this make him well-rounded and not a maths-only autist, it will get him huge numbers of credits for college so that in uni he'll have more time to focus on his major and less time taking gen ed classes.

>junior in HS
>algebra
>not precalc calc I or calc II
There is your problem

you should take him one day to a university class, so he can sit in and watch. maybe some tutorial or prac classes too, so he can get an idea.

then finally take him to a phd class to observe from a window or something if they wont let him in. this will motivate him to try and accelerate his learning.

the old how-to-help-my-little-brother trick

oldest trick in the book desu i used it myself when i was your brother's age op

no class is easy when you run the gamut.