Is it worth reading?

Yep

Affirmative

Comfy book to read while high

Reading Stoner right now, AMA.

Stoned*

I don't trust anyone who dislikes it.

Fuck you piece of shit Jesus fcking christ

I couldn't get past the first few pages because it was so boring. Will try again.

Read Dog of the South first if you haven't because it's good and not boring.

it's very good, i could see why it's some peoples favorite book, not me of course because i post on lit and don't dare to post my actual favorite book in fear of being ridiculed for it

DUDE BLAZE UP LMAO

Why is Edith such a cunt?

Yes

Stoner raped her

How? She was just submissive and unloving at first then became a real sex freak when she wanted a baby (Grace)

DUDE

yes, it's very good.

Also fuck yes this book was great. Essentially: Straight, White Male Problems: The Book

WEED

I heard Katherine is waifu in this book, can you show me some pages where she appears so I can get a taste?

LOL

It's good & so is Augustus.

Shut up weedlet

One of my favourites. It's one of those books that will make you go "Well what was the point of that?" when you put it down, but then you will keep thinking about it again and again and again and at some point you get it.

At least that's my experience.

I dunno, maybe her upbringing?
Just got introduced to her about halfway through the book.
"She was looking at him inquiringly with large dark eyes; her face was very white against the severe black frame of her hair, drawn tight and caught in a small bun at th back."

I cried at the end of the Katherine part desu

I cried at the end

She seems quite fucked up. Either some sort of mental illness she's born with of some she develop in her upbringing. Why is every character in this book so fucking miserable?

Why does stoner hate the physically disabled so much, his rant about cripples is really off-putting desu.

Emotionally neutered parents cared more about cultivating her persona than helping her develop a personality. All of her interactions are seen as transactions in which she receives return on an investment (her father is a banker, after all).

That scene at the dinner party where she just spills her guts at Stoner gets me a little teary. It's proof that there's an actual person in there, capable of feeling real love and emotion, but she's been trained to be such a vapid socialite that she can't access them and eventually can't be bothered to try.

Same. One of the few passages in any book that are guaranteed to make me tear up. He was so happy with her, dammit.

Yes but skip the introduction first time through

Read Stoner last year. It's a story of quiet passion, but it's also pretty depressing. I'd say it's worth reading

idk what it is with /lit and this novel. don't get me wrong, its a good novel but i can't for the life of me understand the meme tier status it is given on this board.

It's one of the few books Veeky Forums can genuinely and unironically appreciate and it's fairly immune to memeing. Stoner appreciation threads have been around for as long as Veeky Forums has.

Can I hug you?

It's Infinite Jest, isn't it

Stoner is the cure for postmodernism.

Of course.

>inquiringly
looks like I won't be reading this all-american piece of garbage

It's one of the greatest novels ever. So yeah.

I don't know of Veeky Forums unequivocally shits on audiobooks but Alfred Molina does a great one of Stoner worth checking out.

Read it and find out

It's been a while. What happens?

I just remember the final line floored me. And the decision to tell you Stoner is dead at the start of the novel is brilliant.