how do we reverse/stop aging?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2wseM6wWd74
immortal-jellyfish.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeLa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By eating healthy foods and doing yoga

studying animals that age slower and faster than we do

You can slow down or halt ALL atomic function by freezing yourself, but...

...thawing and restarting your atomic functions without permanent damage...?

youtube.com/watch?v=2wseM6wWd74

I saw this a couple of weeks ago, it's pretty interesting.

Please don't trigger the amerifats like that.

Find away to maintain your telomeres without giving yourself cancer

dont die before some faggot figures it out. we dont know yet so your best bet is to get a lot of cash so you can afford some therapies which will probably be developed when its too late for us or after we're dead
but not being fat and weak has other benefits so eating well and exercising is worth it even if it wont make you immortal

I heard there was a type of jellyfish that was immortal, maybe we could splice it with humans

immortal-jellyfish.com/
It would mean reverting to a little brainless blob of protoplasm. (We joke that many on Veeky Forums are brainless, but we rarely mean in that SPECIFIC way.)
Best bet is to take care of yourself and try to hold out while medicine advances.

why would we need to revert
just study what and why specifically it can last forever and see if we can mimic that in other lifeforms

cull the population and dramatically slower our metabolisms

also somehow manage to stop the telomeres of the chromosome from shortening, through a supply of appropriate enzymes perhaps.

Support the krebs cycle and the sirtuins to encourage energy production and cellular repair using nicotinamide riboside and pterostilbene. The nicotinamide riboside will be readily converted into NAD+ to support the krebs cycle and the NAD+ and pterostilbene, which is also metabolized into resveratrol, will increase sirtuin activity -- all 7 of them. Support of the krebs cycle and sirtuin activation would kill or prevent cancer, not just aging damage. Use of cycloastragenol to activate telomerase and lengthen telomeres should solve the problem of telomere shortening, and any cancer cells produced from the telomerase activation should be eliminated by the anti-carcinogenic effects of the NAD+ and pterostilbene.

also, use of centrophenoxine should eliminate any lipofuscin buildup. Forgot to add that.

cybernetics

eitherway a human brain would eventually go insane if immortal

If you read the link you'd have seen that reversion is essential. They don't just stop aging.

the answer lays in cancer cell research

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeLa

we could tweak the brain to hold out longer

>shortening telomeres with rapid mitosis
>immortal
L O L

have you even read the article?
stop talking shit that gets disapproved in the article

You can slow down the aging of your skin by limiting exposure to sunlight

Death is necessary

fuck you i want to shitpost for centuries

>reverse/stop aging
Unless it happens in my lifetime I hope humanity never does. Nothing brightens my day like the thought that all young and happy people will one day wither and die.

They would still encounter other problems.

By posting Bogdanoffs

The microscopic biological system in which they live forever wouldnt be compatible with us