I love japanese food

youtube.com/watch?v=PnWqACJM63w

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x5zw7hf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

delicious

I haven't had much japanese food but playing Yakuza 0 made me really want to try takoyaki

i love takoyaki

AND MANGA

GARUGAMESH!

AND ONIGIRI

It's logical if you see the food history from italy --> china --> japan.

---->romania

but not korean lol

Depends on where you get them but they look better than they taste in my opinion. Then again I am not the biggest octopus fan in general. If you want the closest comparison I can think of is that I would say that it is kinda like slightly fishy thanksgiving stuffing without any vegetables in it. Just a savory light breading around a single octopus tentacle with a punch of pretty toppings that don't really fundamentally change the flavor of the takoyaki.

Breh, Takoyaki comes with all kinds of fillings. It's not just octopus.

Most octopus I've tasted just tasted like fresh-water fish but that's because it was young ones braised for hours. Takoyaki usually is more about the sauces, and breading, being done properly. Sushi or sashimi varies dramatically depending on the quality and age of the animal.

I've always thought it should be mini okonomiyaki and literally every Japanese person I've described this idea to states the fucking obvious that its called takoyaki so of course it can only contain octopus.

Where exists this "takoyaki" with a filling other than octopus because its not Japn?

I can't specify but I know I've seen those little doughball served alongside takoyaki but with different meat inside.

Can someone share some ramen informations? I want to get into it but I have next to no idea about how to properly make one and the techniques and ingredients involved.
Instantards can fuck off.

Is it okay if I put sour cherries in my donuts instead of plums?

Why don't you fucking google it? It's literally pasta.

>buy spaghetti
>buy beef broth
boom. you got yourself some basic ramen.
now go throw a hotdog or something in it.

Food pics from Japan.

The problem with real Japanese food is that it's incredibly bland.
To make it edible you really need to add western ingredients such as hot sauce etc.
I notice in Japan that the younger generations are adopting a much more varied western diet although this inevitably includes junk such as McDonald's and KFC.

>breh I saw it this one time trust me

This is also because there are plenty of products that have sugar and other things hidden inside it that actually diverts from what it should be tasting like. I mean ketchup here even has sugar in it and I remember as a kid hating whipped cream from germany cause it tasted bland only to find out they put no sugar in it.

The only thing I have a problem with is that Japanese chocolate gives me headaches, I have tried various kinds but even their kitkat's give me a headache an hour after eating.

wow u so smart
Don't reply if you have nothing to say, there's no point

>beef broth
lul come on bud, use some cooking knowledge on this board

Don't post if you have nothing to ask. Your question was shit and you could literally have typed it into google and gotten the answer instantly.

Mate, weebs are fucking dumb. You need to take this into account when you post. They have literally infested this board.

dont post

Yeah, that's my bad I guess.
It's just so fucking dumb. It's not even lazy at this point, just straight up moronic.
It's like if some old lady has trouble reading the newspaper so she phones up a friend to read the newspaper out loud to her when she could have just used the glasses sitting right next to her on the table.

Must be all that radiation.

Bro, that isn't even takoyaki anymore, it's legit something else. Octopus ball is not the same without the octopus.

North Korea is going to give them another dose soon.
All the weebs will be in meltdown.

Yeah, I'm just saying you can get those without octopus and something else instead.
It's not a magic food that only functions when powered by an octopus core.

Doesn't seem to be bland to me. To be fair, this was home style cooking from my Japanese teacher. Personally it just tastes like Chinese food to me. I'm Chinese btw.

>retarded murrilards put their ignorance on display
Cool.

Chinese/Japanese I guess it's all the same.

It depends on the region but where my family is from, they cook with similar flavors. Probably because that is where Japanese people visited. The region is guangdong. Also Japanese has a few similar sounding words that mean the same in Cantonese and Japanese.

well if you wanna eat the real japanese food you should go in japan, but not in the city but in some rural area for taste the real japanese food

:)

>tfw not wealthy so can't travel to Japan annually if I want to see other countries

I miss the food.

japanese food is like a drug for me

I LOVE JAPAN, PERIOD.

RAYMEN

Yea I'm going to call bullshit.

We had this place Nomiya open near our house. Place has like 4 tables, and a bar you can stand at. But holy shit they make a good bowl of fucking ramen. A bit expensive but absolutely worth it. I'll post the menu.

Has anyone ever had doria?

looks good. is that smoked or grilled?

Grilled. I couldn't eat the heads, though.

sashimi is good

So how do you eat that, did you slice it up using the chopsticks?

chopsticks

it's shishamo you just eat the whole thing bite by bite. tails and heads are crunchy

eat today sushi

So delicious, in my town in South-East England there was a little stall that came through Wednesdays and...Saturdays I think. Couple of years back mind you. First time I went there I got Takoyaki because I loved seafood, and then each time I went there I got the same thing

If English travelling asians can make it taste good, I can't imagine how wonderful the real, "authentic" deal tastes

I make it a lot during the winter. Good shit with shrimp and scallop.

I had no food in the fridge except for some rice and eggs, so I made omurice today. It was a lot better than I'd expected.

shrimp are delicious

I think tako literally means octopus, so takoyaki without octopus wouldn't technically be takoyaki

Made some tenpura udon for the first time. God bless bonito.

yep, the generic filling versions (which almost never get made anymore) are radioyaki

Yes, I know.

What are some lazy (quick) Jap food? I currently make a beef bowl and I want more easy comfort food.

Rice balls. Takeout-style fried rice (egg in with hoisin or oyster rather than egg first/soy last). Yakisoba buns. Hiyashi chuka. Curry rice. Just plain a bowl of rice with some furikake. Grilled fish. Salisbury steak, if you have access to decent premixed sauces and don't need to add five steps replicating ponzu or chuno from scratch.

>mitsuba
gross

Not that guy, or Japanese, but omurice? Good quality rice with an egg, yolk still liquid, is pretty delicious. The quality of rice is important; harvest from the same year has a floral scent and flavor. And if you can get good soy sauce I recommend it. Fish sauce seems to be an acquired flavor world-wide but you could try it.

Salisbury steak is pretty universal if he's in north-america; but I believe Japan also has a version of breaded-fried steak. And the sauce meant for tonkatsu seems to work with most meats.

It is shiso.

Salisbury steak is nominally western, but at least to a northeast US palate it's definitely yoshoku. I don't think I've ever seen it as anything but a dry hamburger patty with mashed potatoes and maybe gravy here, definitely not the demiglaces or soy-and-citrus sauces that go on the beef-pork patties of the Japanese version.

oldmeme

Tempura
dailymotion.com/video/x5zw7hf

weebs are not fucking dumb
delicious nippon has been folded more than a 1000 times

my car smell of tempura right now haha

tasty

got diarrea last time I have eat japanese food lol

Same! It was 12 years ago, haven't touched it since.

>Like Japanese culture
>Hate seafood and tofu
What do?

Twist your mind
Or twist the history so that Japan is no longer an island country and thus have more different type of food

He said gaming

I WANT TO GO IN JAPAN TT

There is plenty of food in Japan that doesn't involve seafood or tofu.
Heck, I'm vegetarian and I've survived in Japan for the better part of a decade just fine.

Making real ramen for the first time tonight, albeit westernized. Using chicken broth w/ soy sauce and toasted sesame oil, and maybe some sriracha. Ichiban noodle packet. Pan fried chicken sliced thin. Soft boiled egg. Scallions. Bean sprouts. What else am I forgetting?

How do you make/cook OP's image? The eggs look super tasty.

seafood is life

Anybody on Veeky Forums enjoy and/or make their own Tsukemono?

all the 'real' ramen i've had has been less flavorful than those instant noodle packets

always depressing

You're just use to too much salt in your ramen.

Holy fuck. I may not know much Japanese, but I know cringe when I see it.

I take it back. Cringe at first but really cool. Thanks, user.

I'm starving I want some ramen

I love mac n cheese

I enjoy tsukemono, I think my favorite has to be those salty and sour plums.

Not really sure how healthy they are though