Maman died yesterday, and it was definitely yesterday

Maman died yesterday, and it was definitely yesterday.
Books for this feel?

read the sticky

I'm sorry, user.

I don't know any books for that feel. Although you might find some solace in Stoic philosophers or something like that. Epictetus, Seneca, Aurelius.

Oedipus
As I Lay Dying

The Stranger

Misery by Chekhov? Sorry user.

What? The Stranger? He said :
>Maman died yesterday, and it was definitely yesterday
>AND IT WAS DEFINITELY YESTERDAY
please user, don't make such silly mistakes!

no one said ulysses?
wtf?

condolences user

A Grief Observed

is the best book about grieving I've ever read. And I've read a few

Chronicle of a Death Foretold, if read backwards

He should read The Outsider then.

the stranger

Ebin titties

death is the reward of the atheists, which you are since you ask this

this, epictetus is great

The Day My Bum Went Psycho series. I read them all in a row on the day my father died

The Fall

>OP quotes the stranger
>Recommends the stranger

top kek

Please. Death is the reward of all, however great, however execrable.

There is a cynical pleasure to be derived from the realization of this truth, in that for all their struggling, for all their great achievements, for all their talk, every human being meets the same exact one undifferentiated fate in the end. In the long view, your life will amount to exactly the same thing as that of both Jeffery Dahmer and Jesus Christ. Where it really counts, we're all the same.

/Why/ is this truth so hateful, so deeply unattractive to human beings? Not only because it equates good with evil, not only because it negates all effort and striving. No, the /worst/ part of all from the normie* point of view, is that /everyone is equal in the end/.

To say that everyone dies and simply ceases to be in the end, is most hateful because it /brings an end to differentiation of social status/, as experienced in life, and which implies life itself. The normie life-loving mentality cannot brook the possibility of this truth, and so it is obliged to imagine and project outward not merely some pleasant afterlife, but better still /an afterlife where some are fortunate, and some are not/. This sort of a story perpetuates the present social order, and holds open the possibility, even for the presently unfortunate, that the next plane will be more pleasant. In other words, /it falsely gives humans something for which to strive/, and is undergirged by the human derangement of deriving pleasure from doing better than others in one's own milleu.

Simple cessation for all is far more just, and far more humane.

*one can't help but invoke the word at this point, as a valid category which is fairly well understood by the present audience. Other words would do just as well in different contexts.

bump

A Confederacy of Dunces.

I do not mean that as a joke.

>Maman died yesterday, and it was definitely yesterday.

Where is this quote from? I have the feeling I've read it before.

Molloy

La Mort Heureuse

I suggest To Live by Yu Hua. It's about a guy who inherits a fortune, blows it on hookers and wine, feels shame, and overcomes shame. The feels I felt when I read that book...

OP

def Ulysses

it's also just a good book you should read anyways, and it's a big enough task to take your mind off your grief.

The stranger