SO FUCKING FURIOUS

I AM FUCKING PISSED.
ONE FUCKING SEMESTER RUINED MY GOD DAMN LIFE.
SEMESTERS

STATS (3 CREDITS) GOT A FUCKING "C"
CALCULUS 1. (5 CREDITS) GOT A FUCKING "C"

CALCULUS 2. (5 CREDITS) "A"

CALCULUS 3. (5 CREDITS) "A"
LINEAR ALGEBRA (3 CREDITS) "A"

QUARTERS

DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS (3 CREDITS) "A"
ADVANCED CALCULUS (4 CREDITS) "A"
MODERN LINEAR ALGEBRA (4 CREDITS) "A"
INTRO TO ABSTRACT MATH (4 CREDITS) "A"

TOPOLOGY (4 CREDITS) "A"
REAL ANALYSIS A (4 CREDITS) "A"
NUMBER THEORY A (4 CREDITS) "A"
MODERN ALGEBRA A (4 CREDITS) "A"
CONVEX GEOMETRY (4 CREDITS) "A"

REAL ANALYSIS B (4 CREDITS) "A"
COMPLEX ANALYSIS A (4 CREDITS) "A"
NUMBER THEORY B (4 CREDITS) "A"
MODERN ALGEBRA B (4 CREDITS) "A"
DIFFERENTIAL GEOMETRY (4 CREDITS) "A"

FOURIER ANALYSIS (4 CREDITS) "A"
COMPLEX ANALYSIS B (4 CREDITS) "A"
MODERN ALGEBRA C (4 CREDITS) "A"
DISCRETE MATHEMATICS (4 CREDITS) "A"
PROBABILITY A (4 CREDITS) "A"

NOT INCLUDING GRADUATE COURSES AS THEY DO NOT ACCOUNT FOR IN MAJOR GPA

MATHEMATICAL FINANCE (4 CREDITS) "A"
STOCHASTIC PROCESSES B (4 CREDITS) "A"
ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS A (4 CREDITS) "A"
COMBINATORICS (4 CREDITS) "A"

ALGEBRAIC COMBINATORICS (4 CREDITS) "A"
EUCLIDEAN GEOMETRY (4 CREDITS) "A"
ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS B (4 CREDITS) "A"

TOTAL CREDITS 121
GPA 3.89 KILL ME
HOW THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN.
I TOOK ACED ALMOST EVERY FUCKING UPPER LEVEL UNDERGRAD CLASS I COULD APPLY FOR ON OVERLOAD
I EVEN TOOK GRADUATE CLASSES IN ALGEBRA
99TH PERCENTILE GRE SCORE
BUT NONE OF IT FUCKING MATTERS THE SECOND ANY GRADUATE PROGRAM SEES GPA

Other urls found in this thread:

ams.org/profession/data/annual-survey/group_public_large
ams.org/profession/data/annual-survey/group_private_large
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>he/she thinks the people reading applications care about your first semester grades

XIR BTW

IS THIS TRUE?

I have a 2.3

I'm trying to get into
Berkeley or UCLA

But I'll take any of these too.

ams.org/profession/data/annual-survey/group_public_large

ams.org/profession/data/annual-survey/group_private_large

This thread is fucking stupid.

i actually got a C+ in my first upper div, when I transferred from a CC, along with a B+ and an A-

Straight As since then. Am I still fucked?

you do realize that major gpa is usually calculated only with upper divs, right? most top 20s follow that policy.

i got straight c's in college, my dad's gf set me up with a job at his accounting firm, made partner last year starting on 120k, just signed a huge client finally sealing a deal 2 months in the making for a 50k christmas bonus.

never understood you nerds who study so hard, what do you get out of it? is this your sexual release or something?

Is that really true? The first post told me something to that affect.

I don't feel like I study hard I just spend my free time reading and rereading textbooks that i used for my classes hence the good gre score

I'm skeptical because my advisor straight up told me because of my C's I wouldn't be "cut out" for any top PhD program.
Should I ask someone else?

My advisor is a woman by the way

You never know until you try.

dosen't really answer my question but thanks?

>all those As for nothing lmao
>he probably didn't even fucked cuties in college so he could get muh As
*inhales*

I've "fucked cuties" when you take that many classes you meet lots of people.

update: My advisor had someone elses application and thought it was me. She said I'm good to go!
thanks guys!

Does this mean somebody can get a C and still get into top programs?

Nigga just get a recommendation letter like talk to your professors and stop crying

You are supposed to drop a class hat you think you'll be getting a shitty grade in then take it next semester.

Have you ever applied to grad school? Often times they only really check the letters of rec

>i got straight c's but because of my connections I got a job lol, studying is 4 nerds

Shut up

>STATS (3 CREDITS) GOT A FUCKING "C"

I think this result proves you are merely average

>my dad's gf
maybe i just study hard because i don't want to think about the relationship status of my parents
yeah that's probably it some things I just don't need to know

Rofl one day you'll remember you made this post and be embarassed or maybe just laugh

Its not a big deal, really! Breathe deep and let the anger fade away

>t. Norman

>IS THIS TRUE?

Not speaking from university experience, but I was in a similar situation in high school. No one told me that some middle school courses counted towards your GPA, so I got shitty grades like a C in algebra 1, D+ in geometry, and a C+ in algebra 2. I stopped fucking around around sophomore year and when I applied to colleges they didn't give one shit that I got those shitty grades in math when I got an A+ in calc AB and an A in AP physics. I got into a top 25 uni which I leave you to determine if my anecdotal evidence helps your case or not.

Besides, if I were to check your application I wouldn't give one shit that you got a C in calc 1 when you managed to get A's in classes much more difficult than just having to memorize derivative formulas.

Lol. This sums it up. You're perfectly fine grades-wise. Why does it matter now though? Application season is over.

Hope you paid attention to your SOP and research

Lads, I got a C in Algorithm Design. I have a 3.83 GPA right now (this one class dragged me down from a 3.9 to 3.83 and is the only bad course on my transcript besides my B+ in Operating Systems). I plan to get my Master's in CS with a focus on computer vision. Will that C in Algo Design hurt my chances of getting into a top program?

>STATS (3 CREDITS) GOT A FUCKING "C"
>CALCULUS 1. (5 CREDITS) GOT A FUCKING "C"

You took business stats?

I'm still posting here aren't I?

>I got a C in Algorithm Design

You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

I was working a part-time job 15 hours a week and was heavily involved in organizing a hackathon and my computer science club. The class had lectures 3 days a week and homework was due every lecture. But it wasn't any normal homework, this shit was next level CS theory homework. Is that C really that bad? :3

The spacing isn't entirely accurate as I took stats after my junior year in high school over the summer.

>B+ in Operating Systems
brainlet

Dude :3 am I completely fucked in terms of going for my master's in computer vision?

My school doesn't use grades

This is what undergrads who haven't applied to grad school yet believe.

Nah you straight homie. Apply to all the top schools. Say you broke your leg along with both your arms and had to row a boat and ride a bicycle to class. I hope you were president of some clubs and spent a summer in Africa banging natives and building huts.
Or just retake this fuckers.

On an unrelated note I think this online mensa trial test caps at 140. Anyone care to check?

How much do grad schools care about community college grades, including prereqs like Calc 1 that were done there?

I performed like shit there, and I managed to get a 3.87 once I transferred.

This guy knows whats up.
Best jobs are always through friends or family,it always has been that way.

>is this your sexual release or something?
Kind of. It's like a sport. It's fun.

>he fell for the college/uni meme and now pays the price
>is upset about
kek

If you're white you didn't have a chancei n the first place.

>3.9 GPA
>97th Percentile Analytic Reasoning
>94th Percentile Verbal Reasoning
>Only 84th Percentile Qualitative Reasoning
>Professors are dragging their fucking feet getting recommendations in
Not like it fucking matters since I'm coming from some podunk shit state school.

sounds more like lonely masturbation, good luck on that nobel prize. i'll be over here driving my 100k tesla.

>working in international groups trying to pursue questions and answers ingrained in the human mind since the beginning of sentience
>sometimes literally doing it for free
>lonely masturbation
Thanks. Hope you don't die in your 200k Mazda in your drunk capitalist escapades.

>listening to a woman